Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 01-31-2018, 06:41 PM

Jaba - great work on those interesting fabrics! Love my block! Hopefully you will meet up with the Florida snowbirds this year - I will miss it since we are in AZ.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by D.Henson View Post
Jaba: Very nice blocks! I love them all. I’ve been waiting to see what people do with those beers and cigars. Yours and Sewbiz’s blocks are perfect to show off the focus fabrics. Also, the bra fabric. Both look great.

Here is another try with the Double Pinwheel. Better than the first, but still need some practice on that block. This one is for Jayne W.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]588169[/ATTACH]
It looks fabulous! Thank you, I am already so excited about this quilt. I've had a very unproductive couple days, trying to finish up a couple projects, but everything I touch seems to not work out. All that talk about sewing with empty bobbins, and yep did that too! Hopefully, tomorrow night will be better!
Old 01-31-2018, 08:57 PM

I got the Star Wars block as far as I can w/o some input from Molly, so while I wait on that I started the stripe fabric (red/white/blue). I was trying to tell Gary what I had planned for the stripe fabric (he can't see things in his head, sometimes he can't even see them when they are finished!! lol) Anyway after I explained what I had planned he said "well is that going to be special enough, since she sent it especially to you?" Men!!!!! Anyway I am very pleased w/ both blocks so far. Both have the hard parts done maybe I'll get at least one finished tomorrow evening.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I got the Star Wars block as far as I can w/o some input from Molly, so while I wait on that I started the stripe fabric (red/white/blue). I was trying to tell Gary what I had planned for the stripe fabric (he can't see things in his head, sometimes he can't even see them when they are finished!! lol) Anyway after I explained what I had planned he said "well is that going to be special enough, since she sent it especially to you?" Men!!!!! Anyway I am very pleased w/ both blocks so far. Both have the hard parts done maybe I'll get at least one finished tomorrow evening.
Isn’t that cute... you have your own Specialness Inspector right there in the House. LOL!
Old 02-01-2018, 07:19 AM

You know it’s hard to believe and I know dh won’t believe I don’t have several colors needed for the blocks. Oh darn I will have to go shopping when we return from our vacation

First for this group and last one till we arrive home.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]588201[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 561aec84-a6a9-4821-90f1-32d4397492fd.jpeg  
Old 02-01-2018, 08:41 AM

I just happened to have some different beer material so made the letters with beer bottles. Hope he likes it!
Attached Thumbnails terriamn.jpg  
Old 02-01-2018, 09:01 AM

D.Henson, you got yours before I got mine. Oh bother, hopefully today it shows up. I am set to get these blocks done now. I finished all my Hummingbird blocks. Working to finish On RIngo Lake and another star pattern quilt. Will use these blocks as a reprieve from the those. I am making the Chevrons for the border to ORL. What an undertaking, now I know why I did not want to make them.

Off we go people.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:06 AM

TG what a hoot, love the block and your beer bottle fabric worked out perfect
Old 02-01-2018, 09:14 AM

For those of you who bought the 1000 block book, I'd love a review. The most popular review cites a lot of mistakes in the book. Even the table of contents or index is off (by two pages). The correction site for the book only has a correction for one block. If you use the book, let me know if you like it. Unfortunately for me, especially the pieced blocks, I need accurate directions. I've included a link to get you to the corrections page.

https://www.quiltingcompany.com/patt...ections-books/
Old 02-01-2018, 09:20 AM

Traveling that is such a cute block!! I love the name block you added!!