Boom 21 - Dunes

Old 10-04-2018, 08:36 AM

Poor little Shaggy. I’m so very sorry he couldn’t pull through. My condolences.
Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
I’m sad to share, Shaggy didn’t make it.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:34 PM

So sorry for the loss of your puppy..having a pet die is so hard. hugs!!
Old 10-04-2018, 01:11 PM

This is such sad news about Shaggy, he was much too young to cross the rainbow bridge. (((hugs)))
Old 10-05-2018, 05:42 AM

Good morning, Dunes. I wanted to stop in to say that the vast majority of the feedback I’ve received about the swap has been quite positive. Kudos to you and your blocks! Nice job all around. Thank you for all your hard work and for staying positive in light of the various trials you endured. Now that this one is over, maybe all the health issues and other troubles will just magically resolve themselves. Let’s hope 22 is smoother for everybody. . Thank you!
Old 10-05-2018, 05:17 PM

I haven't taken my blocks out except to count them. I am working hard on finishing all my flimsies. CPS (Child Protective Services) give out a quilt to the kids they take in. She asked me for one for the older kids - and I just happened to have 4 (yes 4) twin size tops sitting in the drawer waiting. But I am using stash to make the backings and bindings and I had a pile of the old flannel sheets I use for batting.
And then - I will be able to open and play with your beautiful blocks!
Everyone get better, May you all feel God's presence through these tough days. My heart goes out to all of you .
Thank you again Janice for putting up with us all!! And just because the Boom is over, this forum best be kept busy with all of us keeping up with each other.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:31 AM

TG, thanks. Good idea to keep up with each other here but I think this is the usual post Boom lull. Can hardly believe that the holidays are fast approaching. Where does time go? Be well, everyone!
Old 10-09-2018, 07:25 AM

Hopefully we will see some tops done for Boom 21. It's always fun to see the blocks sewn together. It will be a few weeks before I get to mine. Catching up on other commitments and another trip to the coast is later this month. Have a nice October!!
Old 10-09-2018, 09:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by D.Henson View Post
Hopefully we will see some tops done for Boom 21. It's always fun to see the blocks sewn together. It will be a few weeks before I get to mine. Catching up on other commitments and another trip to the coast is later this month. Have a nice October!!
I'll be posting Christmas quilts from my Boom 21 blocks, and also some that Hav4boys generously shared with me for donation quilts. Those are due next month so I will be getting them done. Also, I will be able to show the quilt from the Billi blocks soon, that were donated. Just waiting on the last few to come in. Thank you all so much for donating these to charity efforts.

Some people have said they don't like to call them "charity" quilts... but I don't know why. Charity is just another word for "love".
Old 10-09-2018, 12:10 PM

SBG, I agree. Charity quilts are one of the center pieces of quilting. Making quilts for those you don’t know to help them through a difficult time or to celebrate a major life change.

I am working on a few now. I hope the recipients of all our quilts will feel the love and care put into them.

My grandmother in law was named Charity. I wonder if the people who object to calling donation quilts “charity quilts” would have wanted to change her name...to....Donations???
Old 10-10-2018, 05:42 AM

Ladies someone please just shoot me. I bought a large shelving rack for my sewing room. The rack looks wonderful but the rest of the sewing room is a disaster. Now to figure out how to organize it and donate what i don’T use. Have a huge container of UFO’s