Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31*** >

Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Old 05-19-2018, 03:07 AM

If both groups end up being 3 months I will probably join the second group also to finish my black, white, splash of color quilts.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:44 AM

So happy to see GramE is joining us again!
Come on in, New Boomers! We love having fresh ideas and thoughts on what our F8s are saying they want to grow up to be. Once you do one Boom, you'll be hooked forever.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:30 AM
Power Poster

Janice, hope your pup recovers well.

However the two groups sift out, I'm on board for both groups.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:39 AM

Beautiful fabric Kass, that will be a great way to honor his name.

Janice, hope your puppy recovers quickly.
Old 05-19-2018, 06:09 AM

Kass perfect fabric for your uncle and your tie and bow tie’s are fabulous. Bet they will get some fantastic comments.

GramE so glad to see you can join us again. Hope that means you are doing better.

Janice hoping your pup starts improving quickly and hoping it wasn’t more cancer surgery.

Our old girl is sleeping 20 out of 24 hours a day. Took her into vet for her yearly check up and was shocked when he said he thought Rio could live 1 to 3 more years, based on her heart rate. Of course her cancer could grow faster but guess I can stop checking her breathing all the time. She is such a sweetie
Old 05-19-2018, 08:01 AM

It is difficult & stressful when our fur babies are sick or getting old. They are our family! Janice, I sure hope your pup recovers quickly and pray for a long life. Terri, prayers for more time with your “old” pup! <3
Old 05-19-2018, 09:25 AM

Thanks, D Henson, Cheesehead, SBG and Terriamn.

No, luckily she had no mast cell, that was our other, younger dog. Connie, your Rio’s twin Terriamn, needed a teeth cleaning and it turned out she had more broken teeth so that was pretty involved. While she was going to be under anyway, I opted to have 2 fast growing but benign lipomas removed and that’s the problem. I’m actually furious with myself for opting for the additional surgery. Surgery was super fast and safe but recovery is very hard on her. She must wear an E-collar, be sedated and crated almost 24/7 because she’s so agitated and hurt. Poor baby. I thought it would be much easier on her than it’s turned out to be. I’m fighting a strong “I’m a bad dog-mother” feeling right now. . But she is better than she was yesterday.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
...Janice hoping your pup starts improving quickly and hoping it wasn’t more cancer surgery.

Our old girl is sleeping 20 out of 24 hours a day. Took her into vet for her yearly check up and was shocked when he said he thought Rio could live 1 to 3 more years, based on her heart rate. Of course her cancer could grow faster but guess I can stop checking her breathing all the time. She is such a sweetie

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-19-2018 at 09:31 AM.
Old 05-19-2018, 09:33 AM

I have a question about fabric choices. Would it work to get a fat quarter bundle of a line of fabric and divvy it up into fat eighths or does it work better for a boom quilt to get yardage so each person gets the same fabrics?
Old 05-19-2018, 10:01 AM

Completely up to your vision for your quilt, as long as the fat quarters can be subdivided into 11 x 18
Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
I have a question about fabric choices. Would it work to get a fat quarter bundle of a line of fabric and divvy it up into fat eighths or does it work better for a boom quilt to get yardage so each person gets the same fabrics?
Old 05-19-2018, 11:48 AM

Kasssundra is correct. If you go with fat quarters, remember they must be prewashed. That can be tricky and you’ll have to do it in a sink or tub. By machine, you’ll end up with a lot of loss. Also, the selvages must be removed as well and then the fabric is cut into 11x18 inch pieces. You may find your fat quarters are then too small to get two from each. If you can get the size, you’re golden. But most of us usually go with yardage to be safe and save redoing it. But it’s your choice.

It it doesn’t matter if everyone gets the same fabric. Also your choice.
Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post

Last edited by Janice McC; 05-19-2018 at 11:51 AM.