Old 05-26-2018, 12:15 PM

SBG, great finish on that quilt!
Old 05-26-2018, 12:41 PM

Beautiful quilt sewbiz!
Old 05-26-2018, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

Thanks, all. WE did a good job!
Old 05-26-2018, 01:13 PM

Janice, I'd like to jump into the 2nd group since it is 3 months long also. I have 4 tops I'm trying to finish with the blocks from this boom so there will be several different fabrics and requests from me.

I do have one "small" piece of fabric that is 13 x 15, and a couple of about 6 x 11 that will be included in the baggy that I was hoping to use but if this is too small for someone to work with I will keep it myself.
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Back to Boom Business for a few minutes. Reminder that sign-ups close in 6 days, on May 31. At this point, we have one full 3 month group and a second three month group with 12 members, maybe 13. As always, if the 2nd group doesn't completely fill, we can "round up" (formerly called double up) which is essentially sending enough f8s to make a full group, it's not making two for every person. Those who wish to "round up" will send up to 19 f8s for the group. Those who don't want to will just send one for each participant. Either is perfectly fine with me. This next week we'll see if anyone else signs up. If not, I'll explain and discuss the way round up works further. This confuses a lot of people but trust me, it works. Send me 19 f8s and you'll get 19 blocks back even if we have less than the full number in the group. I'll sort it all out here.

So, for anyone interested in joining, we have a less than a week left in sign-ups. Speak up! We have room for more people.

NanaKathy55, please read your pm and reply asap. Thanks!
Old 05-26-2018, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

Welcome back, Mona! I'm also sending smallish pieces of a metallic with my Christmas fabric, because that's all I had of it. If everyone could put just a little of that fabric in their blocks, the blocks will look more cohesive. But if it doesn't work for anyone, they can send it back to me unused. No problem.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:38 PM

Hi Mona G. Sure, I’ll add you into the 2nd group too. I’m not sure I understand about the fabric. If the small pieces are the the coordinating or second fabrics, that’s okay as long as you are including at least one 11x18 piece as well. At least one piece must be a full f8. If you want to use the smalls as a main fabric, I suggest you use it for a side swap. Does that help?

Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
Janice, I'd like to jump into the 2nd group since it is 3 months long also. I have 4 tops I'm trying to finish with the blocks from this boom so there will be several different fabrics and requests from me.

I do have one "small" piece of fabric that is 13 x 15, and a couple of about 6 x 11 that will be included in the baggy that I was hoping to use but if this is too small for someone to work with I will keep it myself.
Old 05-26-2018, 02:54 PM

I'll just keep the small piece and use it for a practice block. All my fabric is bagged and ready.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:39 PM

Ok ladies.. it is with mixed feelings that I must drop out of this next swap. I am sad that I will miss it.. BUT!! I got the job in Hawaii and will be moving to Oahu in July and selling my house in Puyallup and doing ohhh so many things my head is spinning!! I haven't moved in 20 years and i have so much junk and fabric and sewing machines and furniture and books and stuff to get rid of! I return home on Tuesday and will finalize the job the and start training at a local office and.......... packing.. and destashing.. This is almost overwhelming!
I am totally stoked at this opportunity for me, a dream coming true. but I cannot safely plan on getting blocks done timely for a boom right now. Once settled into my new life, I will be back!
Old 05-27-2018, 09:59 PM

Congratulations Bluelady!! Very exciting for you!! We’ll miss you on the boom, but keep us posted on the progress of house selling and hunting. My daughter lives in Kailua, HI, which is about 35 mins or so from Honolulu. They are very close to a beach and love it. Good Luck to you!!
Old 05-28-2018, 12:53 AM

Congrats, Bluelady! We will miss you this round, but we certainly understand why you won't be here. When you're all settled in, we'll look for you again.