Boom 21 - Waves

Old 07-17-2018, 08:56 AM

These two are the last ones I need for my couch quilt. Now, if I could just learn to take a straight picture. LOL I think that's a hopeless cause with me.
Attached Thumbnails 101_0860a.jpg   101_0856a.jpg  
Old 07-17-2018, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

Those are beautiful, Libster. They make me feel Christmassy! Your quilt is going to be a knockout.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:02 PM

Libster when you learn to take a straight picture please teach me. Your blocks are very pretty

Cheesehead the Dells is such a beautiful area but can’T imagine trying to take care of three places. How do you remember what you have where?
Old 07-18-2018, 04:20 AM

Default Checking in

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598021[/ATTACH]Dearest ladies. I apologize for not being active, I do read the page nearly everyday. Watching you all chat and banter has been a highlight many times. A couple days before we mailed our fabrics my dear mother passed away. I had to be the one to make the decision to say no more and put her on hospice, she passed quietly within hours right in my arms. I know in my mind I made the right decision but my heart was crushed. Since then I haven't sewn a stitch. Nothing has felt joyful to me. So yesterday I cleaned my sewing area and I made a batch of HST to play with, these are a few of the possibilities. Today I'm going to do a little more.
I promise I haven't forgotten you all and your beautiful fabrics I will get them done, they may not be fancy as my brain still feels foggy.
Attached Thumbnails multi-blocks.jpg  
Old 07-18-2018, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by coullmills View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]598021[/ATTACH]Dearest ladies. I apologize for not being active, I do read the page nearly everyday. Watching you all chat and banter has been a highlight many times. A couple days before we mailed our fabrics my dear mother passed away. I had to be the one to make the decision to say no more and put her on hospice, she passed quietly within hours right in my arms. I know in my mind I made the right decision but my heart was crushed. Since then I haven't sewn a stitch. Nothing has felt joyful to me. So yesterday I cleaned my sewing area and I made a batch of HST to play with, these are a few of the possibilities. Today I'm going to do a little more.
I promise I haven't forgotten you all and your beautiful fabrics I will get them done, they may not be fancy as my brain still feels foggy.
I am so sorry for your loss. It takes time to work through the process, you have plenty of time don't stress about the blocks. Sending hugs and peaceful thoughts.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:54 AM
Power Poster

So sorry for your loss, Coullmills. I was wondering what happened to you. Just take time to grieve. It's so hard to lose a parent. I lost my mom in '93 and still miss her and wish I could talk to her now! It takes time to feel normal again. Still plenty of time to do the blocks.

I hope you like all the blocks that have been made for you during your absence.
Old 07-18-2018, 05:08 AM

Kass and SBG are right, it takes time. Grieving is often a long process so give yourself time to feel it all. No way around it, the only healthy way is through it. No doubt it was a very difficult decision to make but you had your mother’s best interests at heart. I hope you will find some measure of comfort in that one day.

As for your hsts, you have zillions of options open for you when you are a bit more ready to sew. The swap has another two months so there’s time. Maybe you can work out some of that grief as you stitch. It’s sometimes been cathartic for me. Sometimes I zen out. I hope you’ll be able to do it as well one day soon. Hugs! And don’t be a stranger. The boomers are always ready to lend a shoulder when needed.
Originally Posted by coullmills View Post
Old 07-18-2018, 05:21 AM

Coullmills, I'm so sorry to read of your loss. My mother passed away just a year ago at this time, it's hard but every day gets better. Hoping the many thoughts and wonderful memories of her will get you through the days to come.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:21 AM

Coullmills so sorry for your loss. I was with my mom when she passed but I would not trade that for anything...I was at work when my father passed so it took me longer to grieve with his loss, thinking I should have been there etc...I knew moms was peaceful and she knew we were there. Hospice can do wonders for people in need. Working in a nursing home Ive seen them come in and really take care of their patients. Don't doubt that you made the right decision...its sometimes worse to see them linger.. Hugs and prayers to you and all your family!!
Old 07-18-2018, 07:09 AM

Coullmills, I offer my sympathy to you.