Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner >

Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

Boom 22 - 2 month group - Sooner

Old 03-17-2019, 03:02 PM

Mona great blocks, love the piggie block. I don’t even remember that fabric.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:15 PM

Terriamn - I had the same issue as I was looking at all of my blocks in the gallery I was trying to remember which fabrics I sent and which fabrics were added by others lol.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

Love those blocks, Mona. Love the piggie fabric! The pineapple blossom you made for Hav4 is awesome! You picked the perfect fabric to go with it.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:49 PM

Mona - that chubby piggy star made me laugh!

We are having warmer weather, still lots of snow and a lot of areas dealing with flooding now.

My son is in Hawaii for work, he flew in yesterday and has spent today sightseeing and sending me pictures. He is not getting a lot of brownie points that way! Though he left from Atlanta, no snow there either!
Old 03-17-2019, 06:05 PM

Love my second block, Darcyshannon! Thank you!

I still have five blocks to make. I'm hoping to get them done this week. Last week was really stressful at home, with my parents and their continual emotional abuse on me, reaching out to me only then to tell me that they never want to see me again. My blood pressure was dangerously high at my prenatal appointment, it is a miracle I wasn't put on bed rest, or medication for it. I need my parents to leave me alone, for my health and my baby's health. Anyway, sorry for moaning!

My DH retook his election journeyman exam yesterday and walked out of the exam room very confident this time. Fingers crossed and praying! I would hate for him to be crushed a second time!

I'm so glad spring is here too! I think I'm going to plant my Dahlia bulbs tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:03 PM

I'm so sorry, I too have not the most supportive parents so understand the pull between your own mental health (and physical for you) and not wanting to "cut them out" all together b/c "they are your parents after all". Needing your time and distance for now is fine, don't let "others" (mostly other family members) guilt you about your choice to put your (and your baby's) health first.
Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post

I still have five blocks to make. I'm hoping to get them done this week. Last week was really stressful at home, with my parents and their continual emotional abuse on me, reaching out to me only then to tell me that they never want to see me again. My blood pressure was dangerously high at my prenatal appointment, it is a miracle I wasn't put on bed rest, or medication for it. I need my parents to leave me alone, for my health and my baby's health. Anyway, sorry for moaning!

My DH retook his election journeyman exam yesterday and walked out of the exam room very confident this time. Fingers crossed and praying! I would hate for him to be crushed a second time!

I'm so glad spring is here too! I think I'm going to plant my Dahlia bulbs tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:56 AM

Mona G, wonderful blocks. I love the light/dark of Jaba's wonky stars and your chubby star for the chubby pigs. Lol. The other two for Hav4boys and Queenbarbiej are so cheery. Nice!

Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
I am finished with all the block except for Joan's.

Terriamm - I thought a Chubby Star was appropriate for these little piggies

Queenbarbie - Go Along #2

Have4boys gets a Pineapple Blossom

Jaba - Wonky Stars
Old 03-18-2019, 06:02 AM

NZ, I empathize with your situation. I had to step back from my parents a couple of times in the long ago past so I understand a bit. You must do what is best for you and the baby. Being pulled in different directions is one thing but while pregnant, so difficult. Hugs. Am so happy that DH feels confident. That's got to be good! Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post

Old 03-18-2019, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

Dear NZ... your parents make me so mad! Please cut ties with them, at least for the remainder of your pregnancy. The stress is bad at any time, but during a pregnancy it will have an effect on your body and possibly the baby.

So happy your husband feels better about his second try at the exam. I'm believing he's passed it.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:21 AM

NZ, I am so sorry that you are going through all the stress with your parents. Like the others said you and your baby are what counts and you need to do what will cause you the least stress. Hoping your hubby passed his test.

Happy dance here, saw doctor this morning and was approved for surgery next Monday.