Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 03-17-2019, 03:28 PM

Bibliostone, I like your fussy cutting with MJP fabric and that is a new to me block for Jaba.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:39 PM

Great block Shannon! I still make quite a few tester blocks too. I’ve been making them out of my boom fabric so when I put it together, I’ll just incorporate the ones that worked out. That orange looks like a perfect match.
Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Here is one more that I finished for Lstew complete with a story. I have not done two toned rectangles before so I did it with my own fabric first like a HST and ended up with this. I could laugh and realize that my technique for HST 2 at a time will not work for rectangles since I had tried with my own fabric. I would need to cut the triangles first, THEN sew. [ATTACH=CONFIG]610459[/ATTACH]

Then playing around, I got this and will play more to finish. [ATTACH=CONFIG]610460[/ATTACH] I recommend it, it is fun, like a beach umbrella.

So after realizing I needed to cut first to get rectangles, I was able to make your block. Lstew hope it is the right orange.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610461[/ATTACH]

I am sure most of you wouldn’t need to cut fabric to figure this out but alas, I seem to need to see it.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

This group has really been rocking along! Love all the beautiful work shown today. Vikki, your white ribbon star just bowled me over! So beautiful.

Darcyshannon, half rectangles are very tricky to get right. Different angles at either end, and different 'overhangs' of seam allowance. That's why I finally caved and bought a set of AnglePlay templates. They always work. Or you could sew your seam and then center a rectangle over it and cut... You did great improvising with the wheel hexi you came up with. Never say 'die'!

Terri, that granddaughter is going to want to move in with you, cause it's so much fun being with Gramma.
Old 03-17-2019, 04:53 PM

Biblio and cheese thank you for my wonderful blocks. The fussy cutting is superb. I love the colors and design. I can’t wait to put all these great blocks in a quilt.

mrs Merkle wonderful appliqué. I love it!
Old 03-17-2019, 04:56 PM

Darcy I love that block. I would need to buy the special rulers to do it. Kudos to you for figuring it out on your own!
Old 03-17-2019, 04:57 PM

Great block Vikkim. All of those points done just right. All of you are amazing.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by vikkim View Post
One block today. This one is for AnnieQuilts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610451[/ATTACH]
OMGosh!! I absolutely love, love, love this block! Sheer perfection. My hat's off to you.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:43 PM

Another two blocks for the viewing...

BiblioStone - this block is called Yankee Puzzle in EQ8 - the green isn't quite so dark as shown in this evening picture.. and the white is a true white on white..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610463[/ATTACH]

AnnieQuilts - this block is listed as Patience Block in EQ8.. the white is a true white on white and much more subtle than shown..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610464[/ATTACH]

Hope these fit well into your arrangement of blocks! I thought both turned out even better than anticipated when planning them. Fun fabrics!
Attached Thumbnails bibliostone-boom-22-resized.jpg   anniequilts-boom-22-resized.jpg  
Old 03-17-2019, 06:10 PM

More beautiful blocks Christine!

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
Another two blocks for the viewing...

BiblioStone - this block is called Yankee Puzzle in EQ8 - the green isn't quite so dark as shown in this evening picture.. and the white is a true white on white..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610463[/ATTACH]

AnnieQuilts - this block is listed as Patience Block in EQ8.. the white is a true white on white and much more subtle than shown..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]610464[/ATTACH]

Hope these fit well into your arrangement of blocks! I thought both turned out even better than anticipated when planning them. Fun fabrics!
Old 03-17-2019, 06:15 PM

Thank you all for your kind words. Annie, I'm so happy you like it. I was a bit nervous since I used two different WOWs. One is a pearled though it doesn't show well in the picture.

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
OMGosh!! I absolutely love, love, love this block! Sheer perfection. My hat's off to you.
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Great block Vikkim. All of those points done just right. All of you are amazing.
Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
Tons of beautiful blocks today ladies. So fun to see what everyone has been working on this weekend I think everyone is certain to end up with a fabulous collection of blocks and I can't wait to see all of the quilts come together in the future!

Vikki - Superstar of a block! I love it!
Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
Beautiful block Mom!
Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
Wow - Vikkim that block is awesome.
Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Such amazing blocks.

Vikkim, your block reminds me of an aerial view of a May Day pole with a huge ribbon tied on top.

Janice, I love the star you did for Kass.

Cheeshead, I love the variety of blocks you finished and the green is perfect for TG citrus.

Hope I didn’t miss anyone.
Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts View Post
Oh my goodness Vikki! This is gorgeous! I've never seen this block before.