Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 03-18-2019, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Thanks Sewbiz! I saw the picture on facebook and just made up a pattern. The problem is that since there are 10 units across, I had to use some crazy math/measurements to make it work out. It would be much easier as a 10" or 15" block, but I was determined to make it. I can send you my scribblings if you would like.
That's ok... but thank you for offering. Yours really turned out nice. Some blocks only work on a 5 or 10 grid, and our boom blocks are 3 or 4 grid. I have a whole book of beautiful 10" blocks that just won't enlarge to 12" without the crazy math you are talking about! One day I'll have to make a sampler out of 10" blocks.

Love that dress, MJP! Perfect for that fabric....

Great imagination with that "wild thing" block, DS! Hope you enjoy the beach.

Love your blocks too, Christine. Cool churndash!

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 03-18-2019 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:27 AM

This one is for Terriamn - I can't recall the name of the block as I was distracted and excited to use my new Deb Tucker V-Block ruler! I hope the colors and design fit well into your plans

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610472[/ATTACH]

I think I'm down to five blocks left to make.. hoping to squeeze out one or two more before I head out of town for a week.
Attached Thumbnails terriamn-boom-22-resized.jpg  
Old 03-18-2019, 06:34 AM

Well for a change I have some fabulous news to share. Was approved for surgery today, as long as the cellulitis continues to get better. So happy I can hardly contain myself.

DarcyShannon enjoy your time at the beach I am jealous. Great blocks and I would also need a speciality ruler to make the half square rectangles. Terrific wild thing block.

Vikkim a couple more excellent blocks, love the colors in the tennis block.

MJP dynamite dress block.

Outstanding block The Merklefamily, thanks I love it
Old 03-18-2019, 06:34 AM

Reminder, no full word capitals please. It's considered shouting. Please use your editing tools above the text box when you type your message.

Bibliostone, the center fussy cutting certainly makes mjp's special. Excellent. And the block for Jaba is terrific as well. Love the browns with her fabric.
Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Love the jam jars. Thanks for the recent blocks. I am using my husbands computer because mine has decided to not work for awhile. Pretty sure I am going to need to replace it, but I hate transferring all the programs and data over.

Here are my most recent blocks. Sorry they are wrinkled. The iron in this condo is so light, it does not work well.

For Jaba , Dewey's Victory and a star for mjpEncinitas:
Vikkim, you are becoming a PP'ing whiz!!! This is a beautiful block. I want to try it now.
Originally Posted by vikkim View Post
One block today. This one is for AnnieQuilts
Darcyshannon, trust me, you aren't the only one to make that "mistake". Umm, I find those elongated half rectangles quite troublesome. But it brought up some new ideas and you're making the most of it! Good for you. Pretty block for Lstew!
Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Here is one more that I finished for Lstew complete with a story. I have not done two toned rectangles before so I did it with my own fabric first like a HST and ended up with this. I could laugh and realize that my technique for HST 2 at a time will not work for rectangles since I had tried with my own fabric. I would need to cut the triangles first, THEN sew.
Then playing around, I got this and will play more to finish. I recommend it, it is fun, like a beach umbrella.

So after realizing I needed to cut first to get rectangles, I was able to make your block. Lstew hope it is the right orange.
I am sure most of you wouldn’t need to cut fabric to figure this out but alas, I seem to need to see it.
TMF, love the lime green with Bibliostone's fabric! And you certainly did justice to AnnieQuilts' fabric with that challenging block. Wonderful!
Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
Another two blocks for the viewing...
BiblioStone - this block is called Yankee Puzzle in EQ8 - the green isn't quite so dark as shown in this evening picture.. and the white is a true white on white.
AnnieQuilts - this block is listed as Patience Block in EQ8.. the white is a true white on white and much more subtle than shown..

Hope these fit well into your arrangement of blocks! I thought both turned out even better than anticipated when planning them. Fun fabrics!
Wow, mjp, your dress block for Hav4boys is beautiful. <3
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
A block for have4boys. Our cruisin quilters shop hop had a dress pattern that works for her theme. The black fabric is sparkly fairy frost fabric. Oops there’s a few stray threads on it. Since that’s the fourth time I took the picture just pretend they’re not there please.
Hope I haven't missed any blocks. It's my opinion that Sooner and Later blocks may be some of the best boom blocks ever.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:43 AM

I like a lot of the 10 inch blocks. Happily some lend themselves to becoming 12 inches finished by adjusting the center sections ( if a 5 by 5 block). Make the two outside blocks on each side finish at 2.5 inches but have the center finish at 2. It's just so much easier than the crazy math. Doesn't work for all but I've done a couple for this swap just that way.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
That's ok... but thank you for offering. Yours really turned out nice. Some blocks only work on a 5 or 10 grid, and our boom blocks are 3 or 4 grid. I have a whole book of beautiful 10" blocks that just won't enlarge to 12" without the crazy math you are talking about! One day I'll have to make a sampler out of 10" blocks.

Love that dress, MJP! Perfect for that fabric....

Great imagination with that "wild thing" block, DS! Hope you enjoy the beach.

Love your blocks too, Christine. Cool churndash!
Old 03-18-2019, 06:44 AM

Terriamn, congratulations! Not much more time to wait then!

Another beauty appeared while I was replying to posts. Love the choices of oranges for Terriamn's. So pretty!
Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
This one is for Terriamn - I can't recall the name of the block as I was distracted and excited to use my new Deb Tucker V-Block ruler! I hope the colors and design fit well into your plans

I think I'm down to five blocks left to make.. hoping to squeeze out one or two more before I head out of town for a week.

Last edited by Janice McC; 03-18-2019 at 06:48 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:32 AM

Vikkim, gorgeous paper pieced block!

Great dress block mjp!

DarcyShannon, your creative wild thing block is so cool!

Terri, so happy that your surgery has been approved. Plenty of time after to heal before summer gets here and you go back to the lake!
Old 03-18-2019, 08:12 AM

Thank you Cheesehead for my block. I can't wait to get them all here to see what I can do with them.
There has been some amazing blocks made. Great job ladies!
Old 03-18-2019, 08:39 AM

Sooo...just for information gathering purposes...would those of you interested in the next Boom prefer to have it come sooner or later? ( Sorry, couldn't resist.) I'm considering starting sign-ups in late June with a start date of fabric exchanges about the beginning of July. That would mean that the entire swap would likely be complete before the holiday craziness firmly sets in. Any thoughts? I'm looking for honest opinions. Absolutely nothing is set yet. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? (Again, couldn't resist but maybe I should have... )
Old 03-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

Mrs. Merkle... beautiful block for Terri! You nailed her colors just perfectly and I love that block. It reminds me of 4 tulips. Your Deb Tucker ruler must work really well!