Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 04-24-2019, 05:15 PM

Loving those beautiful and handsome grands. I really doubt there will be any more little ones for me. But I so enjoy each and every year and how they change.
Terri - great work! Are you in a specific exercise program too? I find myself always planning the next meal and waste so much time on food each day. I have been trying to go on the Keto diet - or at least the best I can. I haven't gotten on a scale but my clothes are loose and I am feeling healthier. And I actually went a purchased a bathing suit that didn't look like a tent!
Kass - Any crafter needs intervention - but then who would do it? We all love fabric - to touch it, feel it, ,,,,,,
Old 04-24-2019, 05:25 PM

Very low carb (keto like) is working great for Gary and me. I have lost some weight (not as much as I should be) but the real progress has been healthwise. Both of our blood work has shown dramatic improvement and several chronic health issues have had improvement in symptoms.
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Loving those beautiful and handsome grands. I really doubt there will be any more little ones for me. But I so enjoy each and every year and how they change.
Terri - great work! Are you in a specific exercise program too? I find myself always planning the next meal and waste so much time on food each day. I have been trying to go on the Keto diet - or at least the best I can. I haven't gotten on a scale but my clothes are loose and I am feeling healthier. And I actually went a purchased a bathing suit that didn't look like a tent!
Kass - Any crafter needs intervention - but then who would do it? We all love fabric - to touch it, feel it, ,,,,,,
Old 04-24-2019, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

I’m watching The Music Man on TCM right now. I had forgotten how great the costumes and dancing were. Wow!
Old 04-24-2019, 06:52 PM

Congrats on all the weight loss folks. I’m glad everyone is feeling better with the weight loss. I know how challenging it is to lose weight at my age!

The grandchildren look wonderful. As always I’m living vicariously through you folks. Hug those grands for the boomers.

I love all the blocks. The camo frogs made me smile.

We got home yesterday. Miraculously our youngest 23 year old son had ordered pizza for us and made a salad! The other son had made sure the house was picked up and kitchen cleaned. I did 5 loads of laundry, cleaned out our portable kitchen and got it ready to go for the next trip. I still have a few hours of work to do.

Terri our boondocking did not end well, with red police lights and being told to move after we had already gone to bed. Apparently The locals steered us wrong when they sent us to that dirt road.

I made a big big push to finish some squares. I did applique cutting on our trip so I put them together today.

Klaws I didn’t add embellishments to your crazy square block. I had all these black and white beads ready to go but DH and I thought they would detract from the block.

Jayne this is a from the Hawaiian quilting book; the Hoya pattern. Resized. Raw edge appliqué.

Annie I hope you can recognize the girl jumping in this block.

Lstew this block is adapted from Skinny Quilts 2 I made a block similar to this for Kass in my first boom. My applique technique has improved since the first boom! I’m glad you can’t compare blocks!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612047[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]612048[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]612049[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]612050[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 43396a8c-a7e4-43fc-947e-ebe51f0e7a50.jpeg   016aa0dc-4e4a-4aee-be92-a95135812201.jpeg   923d704e-d657-43b9-a3e7-0a2814d3153b.jpeg   a837afbd-724f-4e0a-9c2b-087e40a18152.jpeg  
Old 04-24-2019, 07:09 PM

Lstew I love the blocks you made. Especially Annie’s and Kass.
Kassaundra I can’t wait to see the fabric you design!

I stopped at the Superior thread store and the associated quilt fabric store. It was wonderful. I got the fabric for the next boom. The quilt will be for a good friend of mine who moved across the country. The fabric is very sedate for me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612051[/ATTACH]The colors aren’t quite right. The companion fabric next to it is actually a light lavender.

I have one more block to finish up. Since in the last two booms have taken me the full three months to finish up I’ve decided it’s only one boom for me.

This is is a big block I worked on during my travels, to go with some of the Day of the Dead blocks boomers made for me four or five booms ago.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612052[/ATTACH]

I should have have the final boom block finished by Sunday and will send the blocks off Monday.
Attached Thumbnails e88cfffd-565b-40bb-a4f1-91f27f2440e5.jpeg   2ece85c5-2ad6-4d7c-84df-de7879361706.jpeg  
Old 04-24-2019, 09:10 PM

MJP, I love my hawaiin block. It is fabulous, thank you so much! I need to get to Encinitas here sometime soon and meet you!

Jayne's life update... remodel started on my new house, divorce was finalized (things move quickly in Wyo) and I still cry a lot. No sewing room yet. Moving forward one step at a time. Thank you all so much for your love and kindness.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:09 AM

(((((Jayne)))))
wow! Things do move fast, you’ve hardly had a chance to get moved! Your in my thoughts and prayers everyday Jayne.

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
MJP, I love my hawaiin block. It is fabulous, thank you so much! I need to get to Encinitas here sometime soon and meet you!

Jayne's life update... remodel started on my new house, divorce was finalized (things move quickly in Wyo) and I still cry a lot. No sewing room yet. Moving forward one step at a time. Thank you all so much for your love and kindness.
Old 04-25-2019, 03:16 AM

MJP- Those blocks are fabulous! I can't choose a favorite among them, love them all! The new Boom fabric is going to be so fun to work with.
JayneW- I don't know what to say to make it better, but just know that we're all here for you. One day at the time sounds like a good plan to me. Hopefully things will get a little easier each day. ((((((Hugs))))))
Old 04-25-2019, 03:22 AM

MJP, it is designed specifically for sashing and cornerstones for the Zuni quilt so it isn't overly exciting or wild (at least by my standards) it is black and white and linear. (and 3D). I got stuck last night trying to figure out how to add the cornerstone portion to fill in the yardage so I can print it all at once. I still have to figure that out when I get back from work. Next time I have to file up I will take a picture of the computer screen and share it, the file is way, way to big to share.
Old 04-25-2019, 05:03 AM

Good morning, Laters. Hope everyone is looking forward to a fine weekend.

MJP, love your most recent blocks. I think Klaws' block is wonderful as is. Love the applique for Lstew and for Jayne W. I wonder how hard it was to stitch those down so beautifully. The girl jumping on AQ's is terrific. Girl power! I'm happy your trip was wonderful but too bad about the boon-docking misadventure. Oh, well, a good story I'm sure.

Kassaundra, cannot wait to see what you are working on. As for an intervention...I'm getting worse about purchases lately so I have no right to say a word to you. Luckily for Boomers, I'm buying mostly blenders although I find lots of gorgeous prints. So far, I'm passing those by.

TG, Kass and Terriamn, congrats on the weight you shed. (Shed, rather than lost, since I'm sure you'd prefer not to find it again.) One of the best parts of shedding weight was washing my new smaller jeans and not having to worry they'd come out of the dryer too small. No more hanging dry so they wouldn't shrink a thread's worth. Laundry is much less demanding now. And careful about those "should's" Kassaundra...all that matters is that you are succeeding! Woo hoo!

Jayne W, good luck on your reno. I hope you'll soon love your new home and be happy living there.