Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 04-26-2019, 09:44 AM

Kass, You should have your own business, line of fabric, design company......... your ideas are amazing. Can’t wait to see how you use this!
Old 04-26-2019, 12:10 PM

Wow wow wow Kass this is amazing. My eyes are still crossing. Can’t wait to see the finished product
Old 04-26-2019, 05:50 PM

Love the block you made for me MJP. Thank you!
Old 04-26-2019, 05:53 PM

I just printed on fabric from my home computer. It has to be heat set and tested to make sure it will launder well, but if it goes well this is an example of what everyone will get w/ the terra cotta fabric.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-27-2019 at 01:51 AM. Reason: wrong pic per member, but is a copyright image, could have used a link to it instead
Old 04-27-2019, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Congrats on all the weight loss folks. I’m glad everyone is feeling better with the weight loss. I know how challenging it is to lose weight at my age!

The grandchildren look wonderful. As always I’m living vicariously through you folks. Hug those grands for the boomers.

I love all the blocks. The camo frogs made me smile.

We got home yesterday. Miraculously our youngest 23 year old son had ordered pizza for us and made a salad! The other son had made sure the house was picked up and kitchen cleaned. I did 5 loads of laundry, cleaned out our portable kitchen and got it ready to go for the next trip. I still have a few hours of work to do.

Terri our boondocking did not end well, with red police lights and being told to move after we had already gone to bed. Apparently The locals steered us wrong when they sent us to that dirt road.

I made a big big push to finish some squares. I did applique cutting on our trip so I put them together today.

Klaws I didn’t add embellishments to your crazy square block. I had all these black and white beads ready to go but DH and I thought they would detract from the block.

Jayne this is a from the Hawaiian quilting book; the Hoya pattern. Resized. Raw edge appliqué.

Annie I hope you can recognize the girl jumping in this block.

Lstew this block is adapted from Skinny Quilts 2 I made a block similar to this for Kass in my first boom. My applique technique has improved since the first boom! I’m glad you can’t compare blocks!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]612047[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]612048[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]612049[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]612050[/ATTACH]
MjpEmcinitas, I absolutely love my block. Way cute. Thank you
Old 04-27-2019, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
MJP, I love my hawaiin block. It is fabulous, thank you so much! I need to get to Encinitas here sometime soon and meet you!

Jayne's life update... remodel started on my new house, divorce was finalized (things move quickly in Wyo) and I still cry a lot. No sewing room yet. Moving forward one step at a time. Thank you all so much for your love and kindness.
Jayne, Hugs to you. It's going to be baby steps. Thinking of you and praying for peace
Old 04-27-2019, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Well this has taken me about a week to design, most of the time was b/c of my techno idiocy. I haven't printed or uploaded to spoonflower yet. It is designed to fill 1 yard, each yard will give me 18 individual sashes (13 x 5.5) and 25 cornerstones (3 x 3). The stripes are "hand drawn" on the computer, but they aren't typical computer stripes absolutely the same thickness and ruler straight b/c I wanted the hand crafted hand drawn lines. Each 3D oval is the center of a sash. I am pretty pleased w/ how it turned out, now I need to figure out the whole spoonflower thing!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612113[/ATTACH]

Oh and the grey / white checker board is just a "transparent" background place holder it will actually print white.
Kass, I am in awe of your talent. Wow

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-27-2019 at 04:30 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 04-27-2019, 03:26 AM

I have two more blocks to finish, sunny today and raining tomorrow. Guess what day I get to play in my sewing room.

I got a Serger yesterday. My mother had one that she never had time to learn how to use, so I'm borrowing it for a while. My first project is going to be sleep shorts. I have lots of flannel I inherited. Do any of you have a Serger? What projects do you make with it?
Old 04-27-2019, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

Perfect optical illusion, Kass! I'm amazed you designed that.

Lstew, I have had a serger forever... When my 30-something kids were little I used it a lot to make them little T shirts and knit clothes. Shorts, tops, dresses.

These days I don't use it for seams, as a serged-only seam is not that strong. But when I make clothing I use it to overedge seams once they are sewn with a regular machine. It gives a nice finish to a seam. Anywhere that raw seams will be exposed, I use it to finish the edges.

I can't see any use for a serger in quiltmaking, tho. But for clothes, it's essential.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:10 AM

Lstew, I just had to have a serger and it sits in the corner. Never learned how to use the scary looking machine. Dumb I know