Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 71 80 81
Results 2,001 to 2,023 of 2023

Thread: Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Feeling great and having a lot more stamina are more important then the weight loss. As an exercise physiologist I've worked with people who have had similar surgeries. It sounds like youre headed for a good outcome. If you want to chat about exercise let me know.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-14-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Congrats Janice, hope everything works out well!!
    Not sure what to comment about the weight loss or lack of.....I'm still losing about a pound every other or every third day and the doctor loves it...me not so sure. Love being a smaller size but it sure makes you tired or at least it does me. I think my body is trying to catch up with the whole process. Gave away 8 tall kitchen garbage sacks stuffed full of pants, tees and sweatshirts yesterday. Saved 6 tops for me and went on the surger and sewed up some pants so they would fit. Need to go shopping and it's for material but it's already been sewn into something
    Haven't opened and gone through the blocks yet but will soon. Promised the neighbor a quilt out of her hubby's camo from Afganistan and desperately trying to get it done for her. Need to finish a bit more sewing and then for the basement to get done so I an get it on the long arm.
    We're putting in a bathroom down there so everything is torn up with the construction, I'm sure you ladies know how that goes. Soon I hope, the sooner the better!
    Pulmonology appointment in Billings on July 23, that's the soonest that was open Same thing with every doctor, hurry and wait.....

I am just stumbling in the dark w/ the fabric designs. I have the ideas but making the computer do what I want (the technical side) is a struggle. Each time I sit down to do it I get a little better w/ the computer side. I am hoping I get enough designs finished before the next boom, if not I have a back up fabric /idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    Kassaundra, love the new fabric you designed (how do you do that???) and the blue 3D piece.

Libster, congratulations on your newest g’grand. Five! Wow.

Thanks for all the congratulations, Boomers. Yes, this is the DS who is now only 3 hours north. This is a fairly new relationship that was moving at supersonic speed. They were on the engagement path when, surprise! These next few months are definitely going to be a whirlwind for them. .
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Cangratulations Janice, a Christmas baby. That is so exciting.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Everything is coming up roses and babies!! Maybe we should start a page of BoomGrands
    Libster - you must post photos - what a blessing.
    Love the picture of you son and baby SBG - both so handsome.
    And a huge happy dance for you dear Janice. Over the top excited.
    The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.

I brought all the blocks into my quilting group on Monday and they all oohed and aahed. I told the the stories of each one too. They were amazed on how all the blocks went together so well. I let them know that all 19 were a perfect 12.5" ! I only have a handful of scraps leftover from all the fabric!!
    I had already cut my sashing and had the back done so it was easy enough to put it together. It got bigger than I expected - but that is ok. This one will go to the LA so she can have it done before we leave at end of month. It came out so great - thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.

Wow TG! Your quilt came together wonderfully! Beautiful top and backing and I think it all plays fun together!
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

Great quilt, TG!! It really came together so well. The back looks like another front.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I absolutely love that eggplant block. It is gorgeous. The quilt is wonderful. I love it. A farmer's market quilt.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

TG, I love your top and back. Well done! What a special quilt this is. You know, sometimes things just come together perfectly, and this one sure did!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

TG, love the front as well as your back. Like you I love to tell the story about each block

TG, love the quilt. It turned out awesome!
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

TG, it looks adorable all put together.

Today, I get to open my blocks and I can’t wait. My mom is recovering well. The hardest part was getting over the anesthesia. Last night she had a bad dream and was trying to take off her brace again to defend herself. She was able to wake up before it was too dismantled. Even with this brace removal challenge, the Dr. is amazed at how quickly and well she is healing. It was alarming because she took it off twice within 24 hours of surgery while still recovering from the anesthesia.

Thank you all for the positive feedback and I will work on mine soon.

Darn, last night slept horribly with the chills. Thought it was a virus, nope it is cellulitis on left breast again. Called nurse hot line and they told me to go to emergency room. They were going to give me antibiotics through I V then changed to pills again.. just slept another 4 hours straight.. this is not fun and sure would like to know why it keeps coming back

Blog Entries
    Oh no Terri! I’ll keep you in my prayers.
    “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
    ~Mahatma Ghandi

Praying for you, Terri. I hope you feel better soon.

I got busy and cut my F8s for our next Boom today. I'm going to shock everybody because these two fabrics are totally not me! LOL I can just see that black with bright, bright stars shining. And the other piece, just have at it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Terri, so sorry to hear about the cellulitis... I will pray the dr.s can help you get rid of it once and for all this time.

Libster, love your new fabrics.

I am so tired... Hubby and I have been getting the house and yard in shape for three days. DD, DSIL, DGD, and DD's mother in law are all arriving here in a couple of hours, for the weekend. I am giving her a shower for her "hometown" friends she knew growing up, happening tomorrow at 2pm. The house is ready but I have to cook and put together so many things yet tonight before they arrive. Pasta salad, fruit salad made in a hollowed out watermelon that looks like a baby in a carriage, sandwiches, and 7 layer bean dip! I bought a cake and everything else is already made. I will be so ready to hit the hay tonight... Two hours ago I was 15 feet up on a ladder, washing outside windows!

Tomorrow will be a great day tho. I'll only have to heat things up and make the punch, last minute. It will be so good to see our old friends gathered here once again.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Enjoy tomorrow, sewbiz! You should sleep very well tonight after your day.

Travelinggramma, I love your quilt, Reversible so cool. It is beautiful.

Terriamn, sorry to hear you are having issues, I hope you feel better soon. I am sending prayers of healing.

I am hoping to get some sewing in this weekend, It is raining. But my husband wants to take out a sliding glass door and replace it with a window and close in the rest with a wall. I will probably be recruited to help him. Not what I want to do. I really want to try my hand at QAYG. I am working on a churn dash quilt of spring flowers for my Aunt's wedding present. Then I want to get two lap blankets together with my Boom Blocks using the QAYG method. Well we will see how it goes
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Sewbiz hope you had a wonderful baby shower.

libster love both of your new fabrics

slept most of yesterday and today. Unfortunately no change in the cellulitis.

Have made 10 badge holders and need 7 more. Hopefully will feel well enough to sew Monday

Congratulations, Janice! I’m so happy for you. There’s nothing like the love you will feel for your grandchild. I’m gonna guess you’re already in love!

BTW, had to chuckke at your typo in the announcement post. You wrote “DH and his girlfriend” .

Zozee, roflol, I saw that typo long after the period in which to correct it! Rest assured, it’s definitely DS and his GF.

I’ve been busy with the cousins these last few days but this morning I’ve managed to get my pups fed, grab a shower and then a cup of coffee long before the other humans woke up. Now I’m outside with my grandpup (dogsitting also for a week), listening to the birds singing. And there’s a young owl hooting up a storm in the distance. Ahhh!

Will catch up in posts in a few days. Have a wonderful day, Boomers!
    Quote Originally Posted by zozee View Post
    Congratulations, Janice! I’m so happy for you. There’s nothing like the love you will feel for your grandchild. I’m gonna guess you’re already in love!

BTW, had to chuckke at your typo in the announcement post. You wrote “DH and his girlfriend” .
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

Janice, I never really knew what I wanted to be in life until I became a GramE. I’ve never had so much fun at anything. Pure unadulterated love is what they give to you, and even the sound of their voices as they are coming in is exciting. Congratulations on the love bug coming into your family. ❤️ This year 6 of mine will be 20 or older, and they still know how to push my buttons. FaceTime is the greatest invention!

GramE/pat
    "I listen, the fabric speaks"

Inklingo makes me happy❤️

Page 81 of 81 FirstFirst ... 31 71 80 81