Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 03-31-2019, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Darcy Shannon, beautiful daffodils, what a morning brighter.

Sewbiz, no building up but I did it yesterday, actually exceeded my goal by 3 ounces.
Yay, knew you could do it, Terri!

Enjoyed your daffodils, DS. So Springlike.

We are at the hospital! DD May or may not be in labor... We walked 3 miles yesterday, and by evening she had dull cramping and started leaking amniotic fluid. No contractions, per se, but she continues to lose amniotic fluid so we came in to get her checked out. They may decide to induce...
Old 03-31-2019, 07:10 AM

How exciting Sewbiz.
Old 03-31-2019, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
How exciting Sewbiz.
Oh wow SBG, that is exciting! It's great that you are already there and with her.
Old 03-31-2019, 12:14 PM

How exciting to be on 'baby watch' SBG! Looking forward to seeing the 1st pictures

DarcyShannon I am green with envy as your daffodils are in peak state! The only thing I see out my window are a few dandelions..

Janice - your block for MJP is simply beautiful! I think your choice to let the focus fabric do all the work was perfect!

Here's a new-to-me (again) block that I made today for JaniceMcC - it's from Deb Tucker's Block Busters called "A Popped V" involving the Corner Pop ruler and V Block ruler. I had lots of fun making this one and hope you like it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611078[/ATTACH]

I'm down to just two blocks.. have a bit of work left for Kass' block and then MJP's which I have a few ideas that require a trip to the LQS tomorrow!
Attached Thumbnails janicemc-boom-22-resized.jpg  
Old 03-31-2019, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
How exciting to be on 'baby watch' SBG! Looking forward to seeing the 1st pictures

DarcyShannon I am green with envy as your daffodils are in peak state! The only thing I see out my window are a few dandelions..

Janice - your block for MJP is simply beautiful! I think your choice to let the focus fabric do all the work was perfect!

Here's a new-to-me (again) block that I made today for JaniceMcC - it's from Deb Tucker's Block Busters called "A Popped V" involving the Corner Pop ruler and V Block ruler. I had lots of fun making this one and hope you like it

I'm down to just two blocks.. have a bit of work left for Kass' block and then MJP's which I have a few ideas that require a trip to the LQS tomorrow!

Wow! This is a beautiful block!
Well, it's Sunday and I just want to say, "Thank you, Lord, for all of our new Boomers this time. They have surely brightened up our group and shown us some really outstandingly beautiful new-to-me blocks." I can't wait to get these back so that I can really drool all over them!
Old 03-31-2019, 02:48 PM

Christine what a gorgeous block. Janice is going to love it.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:09 PM

Thank you Terri - I sure hope you're recovering well and feeling better and better each day! It's so nice to see your posts and hear of your progress. I will continue my healing prayers for you

What a kind prayer Libster I've been drooling over all of the blocks you folks have been making the past several booms and am so glad I finally set aside my fears and decided to join in the fun. I love all of the blocks that have been made for me but the real joy is creating something unique and giving it to others!
Old 03-31-2019, 05:03 PM

TMF, your block for me is gorgeous! I love it. And like Libster said, I’m definitely thankful for our new Boomers. You’ve injected new excitement into this round, that’s for sure. I remember an old Brownie and Girls Scout song from eons ago: “Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold.” I’m thankful for all the silver and gold in Boom 22.
Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post

Old 03-31-2019, 05:38 PM

Absolutely it is awesome when both return boomers and new boomers play in the swap.

Some great blocks have been posted over the last few days.
Old 03-31-2019, 06:08 PM

I've been working on a wall hanging gift for a friend starting a business. I have it finished. I was especially proud of my (imo) genius "welcome" sign. I had thick purple yarn that I threaded a wire through to "write" the word then spray painted it the same color as the hanging rod. I hot glued it to the rod and then tied some clear fishing line and hot glued that on the back side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611083[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]611084[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0141e.jpg   dsc_0141.jpg