Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 02-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Power Poster

Hi Laters!

This is my first block of this Boom... a side swap with Terriamn. I'm posting it in this group because I think this purple is her Later fabric.

Hope you love it as much as I do, Terri! Love your colors... the red-orange really is the key. I got a new Angle Play book at the Paducah show last Fall, and this is a block from that book.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607991[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_4714.jpg  
Old 02-04-2019, 07:59 PM

Wow sewbiz! That looks fabulous!
Old 02-04-2019, 08:12 PM

I love the chickens. Too cute.

Sewbiz--that's a striking block.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:31 PM

Sewbiz, great block, very vibrant. I think we had a purple / orange combo a few booms back too. Looks like Terri intends to out shock Shock wave!!!! lol lol lol
Old 02-04-2019, 10:28 PM

SBG, that is a great color combo!
Old 02-04-2019, 10:33 PM

Yay! My fabric is sent.

I have been sick since 1/2. I get better for a few days and think it is done. So I have had a foggy head and resting more than normal. I mis-cut my background fabric because my muddy thinking made me come up with a different measurement of a F8. Has anyone done that besides me, cut a whole bunch of fabric wrong before figuring it out?

Anyway, I am taking care of myself and have a Dr. appt later this week to see if anything else can help. Super excited for Boom to start again.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:20 AM

Hi Marietta. Hope you are well. Love the quilt in your avatar. Beautiful colors.
Originally Posted by marietta View Post
Lurking again . Loving the adorable chickens. Great fabric Kass, it was some of the same I sent for Boom 18. Received some wonderful blocks with that fabric. Keep up the wonderful work ladies.
Old 02-05-2019, 03:23 AM

Lovely block. Yes, this is the right group for Terriamn's purples. The oranges are tough for me. I've got at least a dozen oranges and do you think I've got one red enough to pull it off? Nope. I'll be heading to the LQS before this is over for the right orange.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Hi Laters!

This is my first block of this Boom... a side swap with Terriamn. I'm posting it in this group because I think this purple is her Later fabric.

Hope you love it as much as I do, Terri! Love your colors... the red-orange really is the key. I got a new Angle Play book at the Paducah show last Fall, and this is a block from that book.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607991[/ATTACH]
Old 02-05-2019, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Lovely block. Yes, this is the right group for Terriamn's purples. The oranges are tough for me. I've got at least a dozen oranges and do you think I've got one red enough to pull it off? Nope. I'll be heading to the LQS before this is over for the right orange.

I'm sitting in the same boat with you, Janice. I've been eyeing those orange-reds since Terri said that's what she wanted and I've decided to wait until I get her F8 and take it with me to the fabric store. Any excuse to go, right? lol
Old 02-05-2019, 03:59 AM

Default Bonus blocks

I almost forgot about a question I received last week regarding "bonus" blocks, second or third blocks from the f8 if there is leftover fabric. First, I encourage all of you to use a goodly amount of the f8 in your first block. Swappers sending a 11x18 inch piece of fabric are sometimes discouraged when the block they receive only has a 4x4 inch or 6x6 inch piece of their fabric in it. Ninety-nine percent of the time, the fabric we send is the focus/focal fabric and should be the highlight of the block. Trying to squeeze two or three blocks out of one f8 may not allow for the f8 to shine. However, if you've made a block with the f8 and you have sufficient leftover for another one, of course you may make a second. The problem comes in when it's time to ship. Those in both groups will be receiving 38 blocks. Experience has taught me that 38 is the point at which I start struggling to put any extras in the package. So, if you wish to make a second block, please find out from the owner if they're in both groups. If they are, please see if they'd like it mailed directly to them. I don't want to do what I've had to do a number of times which is to contact people and tell them that they must send additional shipping money for me to upgrade the package to a box. If the person is in one group, bonus blocks should not be a problem. In the event you do make a bonus block, please be sure to add it to the same ziplock baggie as the primary block. Do not send an extra one as my counts will be off which will possibly delay everyone while I figure out what is what. Thanks!