Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 02-05-2019, 04:04 AM

Well, Libster, "when you gotta, you gotta". I'll take one for the team. Haha!
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I'm sitting in the same boat with you, Janice. I've been eyeing those orange-reds since Terri said that's what she wanted and I've decided to wait until I get her F8 and take it with me to the fabric store. Any excuse to go, right? lol
Old 02-05-2019, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Thanks, I am going to give her the option 2 days (consecutive mondays) for the stacked cutting / piecing and layout. I will also be willing to do a third monday if she would like me to show how to stitch / flip QAYG. I really hope people don't think it is out of their skill level I was thinking for confidant beginner and up, it is just made of 2 size squares (one size square it cut in half)
Kass, I looked closer at your pictures and see that you have eliminated the "Y" seam usually used to construct the block, that's brilliant! I agree with you that a confident beginner will be able to make this table runner.

SBG that block for Terri is beautiful, the intensity of the colors is going to make for a sharp quilt.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:55 AM

Love the chicken blocks. They are so cute!
Kass, the table runner is wonderful. I hope the ladies in the class enjoy making it.
Sewbiz, I love the block you made for Terri. So bright, which is right down my alley.
I made one block for myself with my fabric. I'm attaching a picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608010[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20190204_130708.jpg  
Old 02-05-2019, 09:10 AM

ThE purple and orange fabrics would make great chickens wouldn’t they?
Old 02-05-2019, 09:21 AM

I understand completely. I’m on my 10 th day of bronchitis. Much much better now. If I hadn’t had my fabric already cut and bagged before I got bronchitis and DH hadn’t mailed it for me I would’ve been late on my blocks.

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Yay! My fabric is sent.

I have been sick since 1/2. I get better for a few days and think it is done. So I have had a foggy head and resting more than normal. I mis-cut my background fabric because my muddy thinking made me come up with a different measurement of a F8. Has anyone done that besides me, cut a whole bunch of fabric wrong before figuring it out?

Anyway, I am taking care of myself and have a Dr. appt later this week to see if anything else can help. Super excited for Boom to start again.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:41 AM

Uggh! I hope you get to feeling better. I hate that foggy feeling.
Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Yay! My fabric is sent.

I have been sick since 1/2. I get better for a few days and think it is done. So I have had a foggy head and resting more than normal. I mis-cut my background fabric because my muddy thinking made me come up with a different measurement of a F8. Has anyone done that besides me, cut a whole bunch of fabric wrong before figuring it out?

Anyway, I am taking care of myself and have a Dr. appt later this week to see if anything else can help. Super excited for Boom to start again.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:55 AM

OMGosh! I’m sitting outside in the sun and it’s 67 degrees. We’re supposed to have rain tomorrow so I’m going to make myself some vitamin D as I sit here. What a beautiful moment even though the forecast for the rest of today is cloudy. I’ll gladly enjoy what I have now.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:55 AM

Kass - I wish I were closer to Oklahoma cause I'd come take your class and find me Blake Shelton (wink! wink!) <wink>You may be starting something really exciting by teaching? You have such a talent and it's wonderful that you're sharing it!

For all the 'under the weather' Boomers - I send good vibes for quick recoveries! DH and I have had itchy eyes, runny nose, sneezing.. I'm guessing since it's close to 70 here today after falling snow just a few days ago it's no wonder our bodies are confused!

More beautiful blocks shared - love the perpetual block show! Hmmm.. how many participants? times how many blocks each?? On both Sooner and Later?? Oh my, that'll be a lot of blocks to see soon!

Heading outside to do some clean-up in the garden while it's sunny and somewhat warm today - enjoy all!</wink>
Old 02-05-2019, 06:20 PM

Thanks for my block Sewbiz it's perfect. Love the colors you picked as well as the block itself

Kass if I lived closer I would also take your class. I swear they offer the same old classes trying to be safe and entice as many students as possible.

Love all the extra blocks you are making yourselves.

Can't imagine you all don't have shocking oranges in your stash. Just might fool you all and send pastels one of these booms.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:08 PM

I had some of my stacked fabric left after getting enough for the table runner. I am making co ordinating place mats. I got the first one done, 5 to go.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]608044[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0098.jpg