Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 22, 3 month group - Later >

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Boom 22, 3 month group - Later

Old 01-29-2019, 02:39 PM

New to me but I signed up for The Hen Party. So excited! Thank you Hav and AQ for discussing it!
Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts View Post
Glad you mentioned Fat Cat's BOM. I haven't checked on Sindy's newer patterns for awhile. Now I'm signed up for subscriptions to Hen Party and the Gnomes one.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:44 PM

Holy cow, hubby and I just read to Target to pick up a prescription and wind was just plain brutal and we live in the city. Can’t imagine the suburbs and rural areas. My dd just texted that they are shutting down all the post offices in Minnesota tomorrow. Tonight it was - 13, tomorrow it’s supposed to be - 27.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:14 PM

Hi everyone, I hope to get my fabric finished this weekend. I will be doing two themes. One is boy quilts and sending background fabric and then any two or more colors with at least one either green or blue to help tie them together. These will be for gifts given through our guild.

The other fabric I’ll post soon is to make a lap quilt for my mom. It is fruit fabric.

Fun to see all the blocks being made already.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:19 PM

Terriamn, that's awful! Stay warm and safe. We're supposed to hit the low 20s tomorrow but that's better than expected a couple of days ago so I won't complain.

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Holy cow, hubby and I just read to Target to pick up a prescription and wind was just plain brutal and we live in the city. Can’t imagine the suburbs and rural areas. My dd just texted that they are shutting down all the post offices in Minnesota tomorrow. Tonight it was - 13, tomorrow it’s supposed to be - 27.
AQ, it's a workaround or a short term fix. Often has a more negative connotation than positive, something that isn't expected to hold up is my take on it.
Originally Posted by AnnieQuilts View Post
Not that I like appearing uninformed, but what's a kluge? I'm hopelessly over-curious! LOL
I'm pretty sure you'll come up with a workable solution, Kassaundra. Here's another opportunity to be creative!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I got online b/c I am procrastinating. I found a 1.5 inch mistake in the quilt I am working on, meaning I have to add .75 inch strip to both long sides of the center panel of a quilt I am working on both front and backing. The center is completely quilted and everything. Earlier I was procrastinating b/c I was trying to figure out how I was going to quilt the next stages, still am not sure, but no matter for that I have to add those tiny long strips first now.
Old 01-29-2019, 04:56 PM

I also had no idea what a klug was. I got the strips added hopefully that is my last ooopsie on this one.

We are being plunged into the deep freeze tonight and tomorrow, but not as bad as some of you. But 2 days later we are suppose to have thunder storms. Oklahoma for you!!!!!!!!! We get our 4 seasons all in one day usually lol
Old 01-29-2019, 05:25 PM

And here, it’s 50 and sunny. Go figure. I wish we would get some true winter weather here, it’s making me nervous all these changes.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:08 PM

Kass it’s supposed to rain here on Sunday also. Pretty bizarre, I think they said there would be a 60degree difference in 24 hours. Two major suburbs are without power.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:18 AM

Hope everyone stays warm and safe during the Jayden Polar Vortex chill moving across the country! Terri, I can't imagine those temps and the wind chill.. be sure to keep warm
Old 01-30-2019, 06:28 AM

Janice youre close.
Kluge noun Computer Slang. a software or hardware configuration that, while inelegant, inefficient, clumsy, or patched together, succeeds in solving a specific problem or performing a particular task.

Can you tell DH and I were trained as engineers. All our household and quilting kluges hold up over time..

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 01-30-2019 at 06:30 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Janice youre close.
Kluge noun Computer Slang. a software or hardware configuration that, while inelegant, inefficient, clumsy, or patched together, succeeds in solving a specific problem or performing a particular task.

Can you tell DH and I were trained as engineers. All our household and quilting kluges hold up over time..

Well, I truly do never get too old to learn something new-even at 74 1/2 years old! Kluge will be stuck in my mind now. LOL I am definitely going to pull this one out on my SIL and oldest GS. Can not wait! (Can you tell, I have a very simple life?)