Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 22 Sign-ups open through January 18

I'm in for the 3 month group!

Update...There are 14 signed up for the 3 month group and 6 for the 2 month group. Not bad for less than 24 hours.

Stash shopping is so convenient!
    Quote Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
    No quilt shops for me till at least half of my stash has been used.
    Last edited by Janice McC; 01-04-2019 at 05:42 AM.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

Reminders for everyone...

F8s (fat eighths) must be pre-washed and then cut to a minimum of 10x18 (but a little extra would always be welcome). Please avoid the use of heavy scented detergents and starches as we have a couple of people who are sensitive to aromas.

In most instances, the remnants of the fabrics you receive are yours to keep once you've made blocks for your fellow members. If you are very short on fabric and absolutely must have the remnants back, please put that on your note with any color requests you may have. Too much returned fabric can contribute to an overstuffed package.

Everyone should send one f8 per person in their group however you may also send along a second small piece if you wish it to be used as an accent. Please, do not send two full f8s as our packages will quickly be overfilled and special, more costly shipping, may need to be arranged.

Shipping...You may ship to me in whatever method and package you wish but I will ship to you by USPS only. All F8s will need to be here on time. When I send you your F8s, the price will be $8.00 per USPS padded priority envelope. This is $.75 more than the last round. I know it's quite an increase but all together, the additional for all four shippings is about the price of a nice cup of coffee at one of the coffee shops. (It helped me to think of it in those terms.)

Anyone with any questions, please don't hesitate to post them here or email me. There are no silly questions! Thanks.

People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel! ~Joanelizbay

I am heading out to Hawaii tomorrow and plan to visit a quilt shop there and buy my fabric for the swap.

Looking forward to making blocks.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Blog Entries
    I am in. Sending info now
    Marcialee

Hello Boomers! I've sent Janice my request to join the 3-month group and look forward to my 1st BOOM I've admired this great group for quite awhile and look forward to joining in!

Now it's time to find some fabric and have some fun!

Christine
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

Welcome, Christine! We love it when we get new Boomers joining in with us. Just be forewarned, you will be hooked! And you'll love every minute of it. We love chatter and lots of pictures. We can start posting pics of our fabrics as soon as the groups are assigned by Janice. Fun, fun!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

I'm down to just the binding (and I am going to fringe the top and bottom w/ the fleece backing) on my tie dye quilt

Name:  IMG_0639.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  203.9 KB

I ended up w/ 16 blocks from the last boom, (brown and cream) I have worked out a layout for it, it will involve a center "medallion" type layout. I found a piece of floral in my stash that I have no idea how it got there but is it a brown and cream floral w/ black background that had 16 (very small like 8x9 inch) repeats so I made these 3 18 inch dressies for the center portion.

Name:  IMG_0640.JPG
Views: 104
Size:  116.7 KB
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

My gosh, Kassaundra, I don’t think this could be anymore beautiful than it is. It’s a stunner, especially with the black background. Wow. Re: the brown and cream blocks, glad you’ve been able to come up with a layout you’ll be satisfied with. Look forward to seeing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
    I'm down to just the binding (and I am going to fringe the top and bottom w/ the fleece backing) on my tie dye quilt

Name:  IMG_0639.JPG
Views: 109
Size:  203.9 KB

I ended up w/ 16 blocks from the last boom, (brown and cream) I have worked out a layout for it, it will involve a center "medallion" type layout. I found a piece of floral in my stash that I have no idea how it got there but is it a brown and cream floral w/ black background that had 16 (very small like 8x9 inch) repeats so I made these 3 18 inch dressies for the center portion.

Name:  IMG_0640.JPG
Views: 104
Size:  116.7 KB
    TMF, I rec’d your lovely email. I’m on the move today and will reply tomorrow but your place is secure in the swap. Thank you and welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post
    Hello Boomers! I've sent Janice my request to join the 3-month group and look forward to my 1st BOOM I've admired this great group for quite awhile and look forward to joining in!

Christine
    Libster, it's true! Addiction may be a side effect of this swap. Also, anyone who is sure of their fabric choices can go ahead and post pix. It’s never too soon for me to start the gallery for 22. And FYI, I’m going to take down some of the oldest swaps so anyone who wants a last look, better do it soon: Boomerangswaps.weebly com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    Welcome, Christine! We love it when we get new Boomers joining in with us. Just be forewarned, you will be hooked! And you'll love every minute of it. We love chatter and lots of pictures. We can start posting pics of our fabrics as soon as the groups are assigned by Janice. Fun, fun!
    Marcialee, welcome back! I recd your pm but please send me all the info requested at the end of post #1 by email. I need to verify a working email “just in case”.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
    I am in. Sending info now
    Well...that’s a heck of a good excuse to visit Hawaii if ever I heard one, Hav! Enjoy!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    I am heading out to Hawaii tomorrow and plan to visit a quilt shop there and buy my fabric for the swap.

Kass your quilt is stunning as is the dressies!

Welcome to all of the new Boomers, you are going to love it here!

Today has been the most wonderful day, DH and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary! He surprised me with a gorgeous diamond ring and tonight is a seafood dinner...ahhh he is a keeper!

Awesome congrats, enjoy it b/c according to Jeopardy, according to Hallmark, 53 is plastic!!!!!!! lol lol lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    Kass your quilt is stunning as is the dressies!

Welcome to all of the new Boomers, you are going to love it here!

Today has been the most wonderful day, DH and I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary! He surprised me with a gorgeous diamond ring and tonight is a seafood dinner...ahhh he is a keeper!

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Kass - you should design fabric - your creations are so beautiful......then you could make creations from your creations! oh my - the mind is going in weird spins
    The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.

Kass, WOW is all I can say! Nobody can do what you do with a piece of fabric. This, IMHO, is your best yet.
    Cheesehead, Happy Anniversary! Yep, a diamond ring definitely should earn him permanent status on the home front.

It is supposed to stop raining here tomorrow. Man, I'm beginning to get webs between my fingers and toes! I won't be able to see when the sun comes out because it's been cloudy for so long I'll probably be blinded!

Here's my fabrics.
    The green one I'm asking for WOW (white on white) only with it. I'll use black for the sashing. This one is for a 21 year old great nephew.
    Next one is for girls. I'm asking for WOW background and any matching TOTs (tone on tone) colors in the fabric except black. Please, no other prints. I think it would be too busy with other prints. I know I'll make a baby quilt with some of these for my due-in-May great-granddaughter. Just go for it and have fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you for the warm welcome to BOOM 22 I figure the winter months are a good time to get in a little BOOM experience. Hopefully, I'll be up to speed so I can keep pace when spring/summer arrive and my BOOM addiction really kicks in!

Kass - I agree that your creations are more amazing with every pic!

Happy Golden Anniversary Cheesehead - a diamond ring! Oh my, he sure is a keeper! FYI - I'm a Cheesehead too! I've been a Packer fan since I can remember

Hav - I'm green with envy and hope you enjoy your visit to the islands. Oh the possibilities for making a Hawaiian block with Hawaiian fabric!

Christine
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

Kassaundra, the fabric whisperer has struck again. Amazing.

Cheesehead - 50! I'll have a glass of wine tonight in your honor!

Welcome Merkle (that's what I declared your nickname to be)! These ladies are amazing. Put your seatbelt on!

Have a great weekend all - I have the serious job of picking boom fabric!

Experimenting with my sashing idea for the brown / cream quilt.

Name:  DSC_1377.JPG
Views: 86
Size:  204.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post

Ooh... lucky you! There’s a nice quilt shop on Maui, in Kihei. Where are you gonna be?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by TheMerkleFamily View Post

Christine
    Yay! Mrs. Merkle is here! Hi Christine!
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Kass! Love both the quilt and the brown dressies. I see my block already!

Cheese, a diamond ring!!! Thatís a very happy Anniversary! Congrats on a long happy marriage.

Janice I would like to join the Boom. I understand the f8 part but I'm not sure about the fabric. Does all f8 have to be the same fabric for each person or can it be a mixture? I would like to try the 2 month please. I will pm you my info.

Blog Entries

Fabric for boom

Here is my fabric. I want you to use anything in the fabric except. NO REDS. Have fun. Well I was gonna show a picture but every time I try loading it it fails. I am using an iPad if anyone has any suggestions
    Marcialee

You can do either, all one fabric or everyone a different fabric or half and half or any combination you can think of. As long as you send one F8 for each boomer in your swap you are golden.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
    Janice I would like to join the Boom. I understand the f8 part but I'm not sure about the fabric. Does all f8 have to be the same fabric for each person or can it be a mixture? I would like to try the 2 month please. I will pm you my info.

Marcialee, I recd your info. Thank you! Re: the pix, one problem might be if they are too large, they won’t load. Please check the file size and reduce to about 200kb or smaller. Some people reduce by emailing the pic and reducing when you are given the option. That’s how it works for me and my iPhone. Don’t know if it is the same procedure for
    an iPad. This is a good reminder for everyone to please keep picture sizes small. When photos of blocks start being posted, page load times increase with giant pix so please learn how to reduce your pix if you aren’t familiar with the process. Please shoot for 200kb or smaller. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by marcialee View Post
    Here is my fabric. I want you to use anything in the fabric except. NO REDS. Have fun. Well I was gonna show a picture but every time I try loading it it fails. I am using an iPad if anyone has any suggestions
    Queenbarbiej, I recd your pm and will reply later today. In the meantime, Kassaundra’s reply below is correct. You may send any 100% cotton quilting fabric you wish to send. Some send all the same, some send 19 different ones as long as they are pre-washed and cut to a minimum of 10x18, although 11x18 is preferred. I do not accept the longer, skinnier 9x22 F8s. It’s up to you what you want to send. All F8s will be mailed to me, not to each individual swapper, and I’ll distribute them. Details are found in post #1 of this thread. It explains the basics of how this works. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
    You can do either, all one fabric or everyone a different fabric or half and half or any combination you can think of. As long as you send one F8 for each boomer in your swap you are golden.
    Last edited by Janice McC; 01-05-2019 at 05:25 AM.

I grew up in Iowa, I now live in Wisconsin
    I'm in for the 2 month group. Haven't decided what I'm going to send for fabric yet but I will be "shopping" in my stash. I think I might do a different color block for each person, I know someone did this a while ago and it turned out super cute.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast