Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Janice just walked in the door and my package is here. Will check out all my beautiful blocks tomorrow after church

Mine arrived yesterday! I haven't had a chance to pet them yet (huge 2-day craft festival this weekend), but they look great!

Oddly, they arrived in a plastic outer bag over the padded envelope. The envelope looked like it had gotten slightly wet somewhere along the way, but the label was perfectly read-able and the package itself and the contents are fine. I'm not sure why they put it in a plastic bag. (??) It was more like a clear plastic trash bag, not one of the "Oops, we damaged your package"-type of "body bags" they use when there's a post office accident. Oh well.

I'm off to the New Salem Mountain Festival!

I grew up in Iowa, I now live in Wisconsin
    I'm on a mini vacation visiting friends and family in Iowa. Won't be home until Thursday.

Thank you everyone for all your wonderful blocks, love them all.

I received my lovely blocks. Thanks ladies.
    Last edited by Queenbarbiej; 10-14-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I can hardly wait to receive those blocks, they all look wonderful. Janice is holding my package for me for a few days. We are flying to Florida on Saturday so wanted to wait, just one less thing to try and stuff in a suitcase. Have to be a little more careful, no car this trip

Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    I can hardly wait to receive those blocks, they all look wonderful. Janice is holding my package for me for a few days. We are flying to Florida on Saturday so wanted to wait, just one less thing to try and stuff in a suitcase. Have to be a little more careful, no car this trip

Safe flight, Jaba. You'll go through a temperature shock when you land in Florida. We're 80 degrees here today. Fall skipped us!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    That actually sounds fantastic Libster! Cold here, snow, wind and temps from 8 deg to 48. Ready for the sunshine.

I think I've got everybody covered for feedback. If I missed someone, please let me know so I can credit you too. I think these are the prettiest blocks I've ever gotten in the Booms. Thank you, Ladies, so much!

I received my package but have not opened them yet. Hopefully tonight. I cannot wait to make this kitty quilt.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Libster - Please see your PMs.

Ladies, please watch the rating carefully when submitting feedback for someone. When I clicked "submit feedback" yesterday for Moonrise, it was showing a positive rating. Lo and behold, when it got to her end, it's showing negative!! I absolutely did not mean to give her such an abysmal rating for the gorgeous blocks she made me. This happened to me once, and it couldn't be changed. I will go back in (won't let me until 10:11 am this morning) and add another rating and explain what happened.
    If anyone else got a negative rating from me, please know that was absolutely not what I clicked for your rating. I love these blocks more than any I've ever received!

Thank you ladies for my block. I got started on my quilt. It's not completed yet. Here's a peak at the start of it. I need to finish the other blocks and sew it all together.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your quilt looks great, QueenB. Wonderful setting!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Libster, this is very easy to do. The best thing to do is go in immediately after posting your feedback and check each and every one after it has posted to the person's feedback. You will have a few minutes to edit it. Do one at a time or you will lose the window to fix it if you wait too long. Sorry this happened to you and to Moonrise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    Ladies, please watch the rating carefully when submitting feedback for someone. When I clicked "submit feedback" yesterday for Moonrise, it was showing a positive rating. Lo and behold, when it got to her end, it's showing negative!! I absolutely did not mean to give her such an abysmal rating for the gorgeous blocks she made me. This happened to me once, and it couldn't be changed. I will go back in (won't let me until 10:11 am this morning) and add another rating and explain what happened.
    If anyone else got a negative rating from me, please know that was absolutely not what I clicked for your rating. I love these blocks more than any I've ever received!
    QBJ, wow! You don't waste time, do you! Beautiful setting. Love how the blocks are offset. Very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
    Thank you ladies for my block. I got started on my quilt. It's not completed yet. Here's a peak at the start of it. I need to finish the other blocks and sew it all together.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Mine should be showing up today. DH and I had a change of plans and decided we'd leave right after I get home this afternoon, so I plan on taking a quick look and making sure everything is there before we hit the road.

By leaving today, I'll have more time to spend at MSQC tomorrow. I haven't been there for a few years, so it will be fun to see what is new. I don't "need" any fabric, so hopefully I won't fall in love with too much . . .
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

QueenB, wow you are quick. Quilt is going to be gorgeous

I grew up in Iowa, I now live in Wisconsin
    QueenB it is going to be a wonderful quilt.

My package was waiting for me when I got home today, 9 beatiful blocks. Thanks so much.

Got my squishy. Everything is gorgeous. Thank you all for such beautiful blocks!

Thank you Janice for being the hostess with the mostest! ❤️

GramE/pat
    "I listen, the fabric speaks"

Inklingo makes me happy❤️

Am having issues again with my email. Anyone who wants to reach me please do so by PM until further notice. Itís been a day full of tech issues and Iím all done fretting about it for today. Tomorrow is another day!

I got a chance to look mine over before heading on vacation - love the all! I'll deal with feedback and stuff when I'm back home.

Made it to GA last night. Bought more than I should have at MSQC, and will get to the fabric store in Stone Mtn today or tomorrow. Will be staying at son's house for a few days and then heading to FL to visit with FIL. Vacation is fun, but I do miss my sewing room!
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

A lovely shop is in Decatur, Intown Quilters Fabric and Yarn. If youíre in the area, you might check it out. If youíre south of Atlanta, consider A Scarlet Thread in McDonough. I havenít been there in a couple of years but itís generally considered to be excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
    I got a chance to look mine over before heading on vacation - love the all! I'll deal with feedback and stuff when I'm back home.

Made it to GA last night. Bought more than I should have at MSQC, and will get to the fabric store in Stone Mtn today or tomorrow. Will be staying at son's house for a few days and then heading to FL to visit with FIL. Vacation is fun, but I do miss my sewing room!

Had fun at Fabric world- DS had fun digging through the fabric piles finding neat stuff, DH did a great job of holding the growing stack of fabric.

Not sure if I'll have time for more quilt shop stops. I do enjoy it but I'm trying to be good about not increasing my stash. Today we'll get to see the house DD is buying (should close next week) and spend the afternoon with her and future SIL.

I'll be going to Marshall's Dry Goods in AR next week... so excited!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sounds like so much fun Macbaby and Sewbiz

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 LastLast