Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group >

Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Old 08-29-2019, 05:22 AM

Here is a bonus block for Hav4boys. I hope this works for you.
Attached Thumbnails 0829190817.jpg  
Old 08-29-2019, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

Pretty blocks, Terri and QB! I love that one for Moonrise, Terri.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:22 AM

Love the block QBJ. Much appreciated.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:32 AM

Terriamn, here's mine for you. I liked the idea of the bunnies hopping all around the block. And after all the talking about color requests, I almost didn't add the wow you requested along with the light grey. Caught it just in time! I hope this will work for you. Your fabric will make a wonderful quilt for any child!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616802[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails eb-jj-terriamn.jpg  
Old 08-29-2019, 01:45 PM

Thanks Janice for the hopping around the block of bunnies. Light gray was fine alone I just added minimal white if someone needed a third color. Thank you for double checking my color requests.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:44 PM

Lovely bunny block Janice.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Terriamn, here's mine for you. I liked the idea of the bunnies hopping all around the block. And after all the talking about color requests, I almost didn't add the wow you requested along with the light grey. Caught it just in time! I hope this will work for you. Your fabric will make a wonderful quilt for any child!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616802[/ATTACH]
Pretty block, Janice. It was very effective using the focus fabric for the background. Love the bit of 'sparkle' the two white hsts add.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:31 PM

I love love love my blocks! Thanks so much! <3

Wow, it's been a rough week for some of us! Add me to the list of "boo boos".

My right shoulder has been bothering me for awhile, but this week it's been absolutely screaming at me. I suspect it's tendinitis or a rotator cuff problem, but I'm too stubborn to go to the doctor. I'm just trying to deal with it as best I can.

On top of that, my beloved sewing machine started making a gosh-awful screeching sound that's worse than fingernails-on-a-chalkboard. Whew! DH took it apart and thinks it's the rotating thingy that the bobbin case sits in. Without telling me ahead of time, he oiled it. The manual says specifically not to! But the screeching stopped. I've been too afraid to use it, though, for fear of tearing it up worse. I dragged out my $100-Walmart-Special backup sewing machine that works, but it only has the most basic of functions. I feel like I'm trying to color in a detailed grown-up coloring book with those big chunky kindergarten crayons. Accuracy? Who needs it? (ha) And it sounds like a helicopter. LOL! But at least it sews ... if not clumsily ... right?

Needless to say, between my shoulder and the sewing machine mess, I haven't gotten a single swap block made so far this week, and very little made for my craft fairs.

I'll get 'em done, though. One way or another.

Where's that bubble wrap suit?
Old 08-29-2019, 11:00 PM

I managed to get three done.

Two for Libster. The first is a mottled red, and I based it on an Indian Star pattern from Quilter's Cache. I changed the center a little since the original pattern was for a 3-color block, and I wanted it to look like an exploding star. I didn't see many red blocks on the gallery page, so I thought I'd make one. (It really is red ... just in case it looks pinkish in the picture.) The second one is a Next Door Neighbor block, also from Quilter's Cache, with a border added to it. I used the same fabric that you sent, only in a blue colorway.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616828[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616829[/ATTACH]

And one for MonaG. That's actually a chocolate-y brown color that matches the swirlies in the F8. The colors look a little wonky on my screen for some reason. The gold metallic highlights in the F8 really shine in the picture. LOL!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616830[/ATTACH]

Sorry for the lousy pics. It's 3am, and these are cell phone pics, so the lighting and quality aren't the greatest.
Attached Thumbnails libster1.jpg   libster2.jpg   monag.jpg  

Last edited by moonrise; 08-29-2019 at 11:03 PM. Reason: And my grammar isn't the greatest today, either! Aaah! ;)
Old 08-30-2019, 01:41 AM
Power Poster

Those are beautiful blocks, Moon... Love that red star. It’s so striking!

I’m up due to sinus infection and I thought if anyone would be posting in the middle of the night, it would be you... and there you were! Thanks for the eye candy.