Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group >

Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Old 08-30-2019, 03:28 PM

DH and I though his father was going to take the motor home and head to Texas. Called today and found out he decided not to leave after all. He's in the middle of the state (FL) , and at least does not need any medical devices that need electricity. He lives with a full time caregiver so he's not alone.

My DD and her fiancee were vacationing on the east coast of FL and headed back to Atlanta this morning - she said the traffic was really bad.
Old 08-30-2019, 06:02 PM

GramE we are still in Wyoming, Bill needs to start physical therapy here before the doc will let him leave. My oldest son is in Lakeland so we are kept very up to date. Depending on the outcome of this we will have a decision to make. It just drives me nuts waiting, can’t change anything but it doesn’t make it any better or less stressful
Old 08-30-2019, 06:04 PM

Macybaby glad your dd headed for Atlanta hope your dad will be ok. Jaba is your son evacuating?
Old 08-30-2019, 06:28 PM

Good news! I just won $50 certificates from Blackbird Fabrics of Vancouver British Colombia. They have some beautiful fabrics. I could use $50 of free fabric but my daughter is trying to influence me in my purchase. May just let her use the whole $50!

Better than a trip trip down the hallway over the dog!
Old 08-30-2019, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
Good news! I just won $50 certificates from Blackbird Fabrics of Vancouver British Colombia. They have some beautiful fabrics. I could use $50 of free fabric but my daughter is trying to influence me in my purchase. May just let her use the whole $50!

Better than a trip trip down the hallway over the dog!

Congrats, GramE! Enjoy whichever way you decide to go with your winnings.
Old 08-31-2019, 07:04 AM

Yeah GramE, just enjoy whatever you decide to use the gift certificate for
Old 08-31-2019, 09:01 AM

GramE, congrats on your win and ditto what Terriamn said. Just enjoy it whichever way you go.

Last look at the hurricane track shows it might be heading more north. It's not good for coastal GA and the Carolinas but we're ok as far as we are inland. It'll do what it's going to do and we all wait.

I'm sore all over from the fall and found some new bruises. My knee is still sore but improving. Walking is good but it's tender to bend deeply so I'll just avoid that for a few more days.

Stay safe this holiday weekend everyone!
Old 08-31-2019, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
GramE, congrats on your win and ditto what Terriamn said. Just enjoy it whichever way you go.

Last look at the hurricane track shows it might be heading more north. It's not good for coastal GA and the Carolinas but we're ok as far as we are inland. It'll do what it's going to do and we all wait.

I'm sore all over from the fall and found some new bruises. My knee is still sore but improving. Walking is good but it's tender to bend deeply so I'll just avoid that for a few more days.

Stay safe this holiday weekend everyone!
Glad you are recouping and I hope this isn’t contagious! My knee has some bruising and is only tender when bent.

May have to turn my sewing machine off for a week, 4th grandson is leaving to begin his service to our country with the Navy in 11 days. He was supposed to be going in January, but they need recruits now. His parents house is undergoing paint, old carpet up but new carpet not down, etc. Not what you want for a going away send off. So two sides of family might be coming here. I have a few too many cobwebs that need chased away, some windows washed, and a hundred other things that my mind is thinking of that really aren’t important. Will start Monday, (thinking of barter items I can use to get friends to come help me, like cinnamon rolls, chocolate chocolate chip muffins, pumpkin muffins in exchange for a bathroom cleaning and the like) unless someone else volunteers their home. It is amazing how honored I feel to be a part of these special young men’s lives. But they are grown up and I miss them so.
Old 09-01-2019, 09:40 AM

I hope everyone starts to feel better soon. Moon, thanks for the block, I was wondering who got that fabric and what they would do with it, it turned out great. I hope to get some sewing done today and tomorrow.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
I am ready to start. I spent the weekend making Cars outfits for my grandsons and giving a White Dress Master I picked up last week a face lift.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615398[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]615399[/ATTACH]

did you use fabric on your cover? I'd like to recover my little gma's old
machine. It's a real workhorse and I cherish it.