Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group

Hav, I think I've got it now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
    OK, I'm almost up to date on the gallery. For some reason I cannot begin to fathom, weebly is struggling to post Hav4boys' pix. Hav, I've got some up in the gallery but there are still a few, those for Terriamn and one for Moonrise, that weebly won't post correctly. I'll keep working on it when I get a chance. I haven't forgotten these pix, I promise. All the rest should be in there now. If I've mislabeled a pic, I wouldn't be surprised. Just let me know by email and I'll attempt to fix it. Thanks.
    Gallery: Boomerangswaps.weebly.com

Name:  9F6C8507-DCD6-4B7D-860E-1A23903DCD8C.jpeg
Views: 64
Size:  38.0 KB
    My first finish but i’m Working on a few others, this one is for Libster. Sad because some of the points are off, my needle was a click to the left and I didn’t notice until I had my geese made. I’m pondering what to do.
    Last edited by GramE; 08-12-2019 at 08:04 AM.

GramE/pat
    "I listen, the fabric speaks"

Inklingo makes me happy❤️

Janice, would you like me to email you the pictures?
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Janice, Jaba's block made by me (post #148) is not in the galley. Just letting you know when you get time. Thank you for all you do and hope you are feeling better.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Sorry you're feeling under the weather, Janice. I hope you're feeling better very soon. Slow down a little and give yourself some time. We'll all be right here when you're up to it.

Hav4boys, I made another block for you this morning. It's called "Sitting Pretty" from Quiltmaker's 1000 Blocks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...56-albums.html

take time to build memories with the kids

I love this cat made up of the cat fabric!

Pat the double stars are so striking against the dark background, nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by Libster View Post
    Sorry you're feeling under the weather, Janice. I hope you're feeling better very soon. Slow down a little and give yourself some time. We'll all be right here when you're up to it.

Hav4boys, I made another block for you this morning. It's called "Sitting Pretty" from Quiltmaker's 1000 Blocks.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

GramE, love the block you made for Libster. What's a few points among friends?

Love your cat block too, Libster. It looks like a real cat with some toy cats in front of it. So... it's like there are 4 cats in the basket.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Libster, that is fantastic. I knew this would be great fabric for you all to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by GramE View Post
    Name:  9F6C8507-DCD6-4B7D-860E-1A23903DCD8C.jpeg
Views: 64
Size:  38.0 KB
    My first finish but i’m Working on a few others, this one is for Libster. Sad because some of the points are off, my needle was a click to the left and I didn’t notice until I had my geese made. I’m pondering what to do.

I don't see a thing wrong with this! Looks great to me. Count it done as far as I see.

Quote Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
    GramE, love the block you made for Libster. What's a few points among friends?

Love your cat block too, Libster. It looks like a real cat with some toy cats in front of it. So... it's like there are 4 cats in the basket.

Sewbiz, I hadn't even noticed that until you pointed it out. LOL You are right, it does look like 4 cats are in there. I can't say it was intentional though.

I thought it was a fussy placement too.

Sewbiz, I hadn't even noticed that until you pointed it out. LOL You are right, it does look like 4 cats are in there. I can't say it was intentional though.
    "Never cruel, nor cowardly, never give up, never give in."

Let's take care of the Earth, it is the only planet that for sure has Chocolate.

Sonic screwdrivers, fez, bow ties, and Stetsons are cool.

Adorable block!
    Sue

Hav4boys, this is your third block from me. You chose some fun fabric.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love the like green Libster. Beautiful workmanship.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I can start.....soon! Got my big envelope today, count is good. Had a doctor's appt. this afternoon, everything good to go, sort of, just had to get an update tettinus (sp) shot and a P13. Will send a PM with count so Janice knows.
    Hubby Bill has to have surgery on the 22nd. Torn roto cup and tendon repair. We'll be quite the pair for a month or so

Yes you will, Jaba! We’ve had that surgery twice. Up close and personal for a week or so at least. I don’t know why in the presurgery info they don’t tell you you can do absolutely nothing, but we found out quickly. I was way more wore out than he was after the first surgery. The second we were a bit better prepared. How do people who live on their own manage after having that surgery. DH had to be hooked up to a cooling pack, I can’t remember how long but it was another thing they didn’t warn us about! You two sound like us, alternating illness/conditions!

GramE/pat

Good grief I run around all day with my sister and so many pretty blocks were made. Don’t want to miss anyone so will say they all look great, love the different fabrics and blocks being posted

Quote Originally Posted by GramE View Post
    Attachment 615991
    My g’granddaughter is enjoying her paper doll quilt. She turned 4 on Saturday.
    Blocks are a gorgeous! Especially mine Hav4boys. That is exactly what i’m Hoping for, just a bit of blue.
    Thinking of you Janice.
    Pat this is so cute, your granddaughter looked so happy with her quilt

Macy & Hav4 - I absolutely love my blocks! Thanks so much!

I ran out of time last week, and other than matching and washing fabrics, I didn't even get a chance to get started on my blocks. I'm going to try to do a few tonight, though.

Name:  B8861A52-6709-4640-A7F8-9014C367A5B6.jpeg
Views: 54
Size:  49.0 KB
    This is for Terri. I love it when you finish a side, put the ruler to it and Boom 12 1/2”! Great feeling. I thought this grey looked like little cotton tails.

GramE/pat

Here is one for Terriamn.
    Name:  Terriamn.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  319.8 KB

Working on my last Early Bird block and I made a trial paper pieced block for GramE. I started to make the block, get 3 6.5 inch squares done and realize I made 3 of the same block. I need 2 of each block. I take it apart, but cannot salvage enough fabric to finish. I am in tears and will deal with it tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
    Working on my last Early Bird block and I made a trial paper pieced block for GramE. I started to make the block, get 3 6.5 inch squares done and realize I made 3 of the same block. I need 2 of each block. I take it apart, but cannot salvage enough fabric to finish. I am in tears and will deal with it tomorrow.
    oh, Hav4boys, I can send you more fabric if you need. No tears over my blocks, please. But I do understand the frustration, been there. Pm me your address and i’ll Zip some fabric to you tomorrow. The ones you’ve made have been beautiful.

GramE/pat

I sewed all night long! Whew! I am one tired puppy. Got nine blocks finished, though. Below are pics, but they're cell phone pics, and they're not the best in the world, especially considering that they were taken in the middle of the night. LOL! Hopefully you can get the general idea.

Block #1 for Gram-E:

Name:  grame-1.JPG
Views: 52
Size:  171.1 KB

Block #2 for Gram-E:

Name:  grame-2.JPG
Views: 51
Size:  162.3 KB

Block #1 for Hav4Boys:

Name:  hav4boys-1.JPG
Size:  214.1 KB

Block #2 for Hav4Boys:

Name:  hav4boys-2.JPG
Size:  209.8 KB

Block #1 for Jaba:

Name:  jaba-1.JPG
Size:  181.5 KB

Block #2 for Jaba:

Name:  jaba-2.JPG
Size:  159.9 KB

Block #3 for Jaba:

Name:  jaba-3.JPG
Views: 53
Size:  139.1 KB

Block #1 for Terriamn (love love love the bunnies!):

Name:  terriamn-1.JPG
Size:  219.0 KB

Block #2 for Terriamn:

Name:  terriamn-2.JPG
Size:  247.3 KB

Terriamn - I wasn't sure if WOW was meant as an option if a third color was needed, or if it was a requirement. I just used shades of gray, but if WOW is required, I can easily change up the blocks a bit and add it in.

Gotta work on my craft show stuff the rest of this week, since I have a big one on Saturday, but I'll get started on more blocks ASAP.

And now ... I'm going to bed! Y'all have a great day, and I hope y'all like the blocks!

Wonderful blocks, Moonrise! I see two appliqués I downloaded yesterday! When creativity strikes ya gotta go for it. My DH came in and said it’s time for bed to me last night. Hope you are as productive with your craft projects.

GramE/pat

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast