Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 11-13-2019, 01:38 PM

I don't mine receiving mine early. Janice be sure and use sunscreen and a visor or hat. I had a basal cell surgery and
radiation on my nose. Not a fun thing to have done to your nose.

Your baby quilt was very soft and pretty.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:48 PM

It is finished and I am so proud of myself. I made this completely myself even the pattern. I have not sewn clothing for about 20 years and haven't drawn a clothing pattern in probably over 25 years, and never one for my curvy self (quite a bit harder to draw clothes patterns for fluffy people)(well not for anything I have actually finished and that actually fit) It is meant to be a fun summer sun dress. The hexie yoke is pieced, quilted and bound. The strips were 1 3/4 inches and left over from a tie I made for my husband so we will have matching outfits. If I make another there are a few changes I will make, like not gathering the front, and the side seam need some work pattern wise just so they fall a little better. The dress is fully lined and w/ just a little changes could actually be made reversible.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619665[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619666[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619667[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619668[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0148.jpg   dsc_0149.jpg   dsc_0150.jpg   dsc_0151.jpg  
Old 11-13-2019, 01:54 PM

Adorable dress Kass! It looks like a really flattering cut too. Matching outfits....we need a picture now.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:00 PM

Here is the front and back of the quilted tie I made for Gary

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619669[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619670[/ATTACH]

Well not actually front and back it is reversible

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
Adorable dress Kass! It looks like a really flattering cut too. Matching outfits....we need a picture now.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0445e.jpg   dsc_0444.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-13-2019 at 03:48 PM. Reason: fix quote
Old 11-13-2019, 03:48 PM

Kassaundra - Cute dress!

Janice - I would be happy to have had my blocks yesterday! I'm getting very excited to see and pet them in person.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:00 PM

Kassaundra, perfect placement of the orange circles! I love that it's reversible and you've got your matching dress. Your talents continue to grow!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Here is the front and back of the quilted tie I made for Gary

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619669[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619670[/ATTACH]

Well not actually front and back it is reversible
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
It is finished and I am so proud of myself. I made this completely myself even the pattern. I have not sewn clothing for about 20 years and haven't drawn a clothing pattern in probably over 25 years, and never one for my curvy self (quite a bit harder to draw clothes patterns for fluffy people)(well not for anything I have actually finished and that actually fit) It is meant to be a fun summer sun dress. The hexie yoke is pieced, quilted and bound. The strips were 1 3/4 inches and left over from a tie I made for my husband so we will have matching outfits. If I make another there are a few changes I will make, like not gathering the front, and the side seam need some work pattern wise just so they fall a little better. The dress is fully lined and w/ just a little changes could actually be made reversible.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619665[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619666[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619667[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619668[/ATTACH]
Marija, this is my second basal cell. The last one was on my temple and was substantially larger and deep and it took the MOHS surgeon quite a while to put my face together so I didn't look weird. He stressed the zero sun for at least a year and some expensive cream that worked great. I love my tiny scars. I hope he can do as well with the nose. I'm prepared for it to look bad for months so I won't judge it until I'm about a year out. I'm good with delayed gratification and my vanity level has always been fairly low so I believe I'm prepped for whatever happens next week. I appreciate the reminder about the hat and sunscreen.
Originally Posted by marija View Post
I don't mine receiving mine early. Janice be sure and use sunscreen and a visor or hat. I had a basal cell surgery and
radiation on my nose. Not a fun thing to have done to your nose.

Your baby quilt was very soft and pretty.
IrishMom, I cannot manage yesterday - lol - but if I'm very lucky, they might go out on Monday. Fingers crossed.
Originally Posted by IrishMom View Post
Kassaundra - Cute dress!

Janice - I would be happy to have had my blocks yesterday! I'm getting very excited to see and pet them in person.
The final package will be overnighted so it should arrive on time on Thursday. Woo hoo! Sooooo very close now!
Old 11-14-2019, 06:18 AM

I am fine getting them a few days early. I haven't shoveled out the snow from this weeks 11". So haven't been to the mail since Tuesday. I am hoping some will warmer weather will melt some of the snow since I cannot get out to shovel it out so the mail can be delivered. I got up to 7 degrees f. yesterday morning. It is 20 degrees right now. So I am hibernating.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:22 PM

Default Boom Biz - Blocks are all here on time!

All blocks are in on time! Woo hoo! Great job everyone.

I'm hoping to have enough time to work on the packages in order to get them in the mail on Monday, or at the latest Tuesday. Will post here. I'm unavailable for the next day or two but then I'll be around. Later, Night Owls.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

Yay! Thank you, that's great news!
Old 11-14-2019, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
IrishMom, I cannot manage yesterday - lol - but if I'm very lucky, they might go out on Monday. Fingers crossed.
Actually it's good I don't have my blocks yet since I would selfishly work on my quilt. So I am working on a Harry Potter themed quilt for my GodDaughter. Sew Fresh Quilts and Seriously, I Think it Needs Stitches both had a free quilt along this year. I was able to make two of the blocks in the spring and I am working on the others now. Each block will be 20x20 finished. I'm looking to do 9 blocks with sashing and borders. Hoping to get it done for Christmas.

The first two blocks are a little wrinkled since I did them a few months ago. Here are Harry and Hermoine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619725[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619726[/ATTACH]

Yesterday I was able to make Ron and Hedwig.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619727[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619728[/ATTACH]

Hoping to work on the others this weekend. All four of these were from Sew Fresh Quilts. I will need to enlarge the ones from Seriously, It Needs Stitches. But I wanted a mixture of heads and objects so my best plan was to chose from both sites. I'm trying to make it all from my stash -- each of the yellows and burgandys are different fabrics. Fun and Scrappy.
Attached Thumbnails harry-small.jpg.jpg   hermoine-small.jpg.jpg   ron-small.jpg.jpg   hedwig-small.jpg.jpg