Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 11-17-2019, 03:46 AM

Default Boom Biz - wrap up

Good morning, Night Owls. I'm all set to ship tomorrow so most of you will see your blocks by Wednesday. A few will have to wait until Thursday but it'll still be almost a week earlier than I originally planned.

Your blocks, well, it looks like everyone has upped their game a bit. I found a few color requests to be off and a few blocks not at 12 1/2 but most were at or very close to the goal. I thought they were generally neater and seams a bit better so overall, the blocks were some of the best I've seen to date. From my point of view, it's been a very good swap. The biggest negative was me and my meltdown mid-stream but you all handled it with grace. (Still no answers for the neuro problems but it seems I'm adjusting to the unknown.) Anyway, I hope the few dozen I checked are representative of the whole group. Fingers crossed. You will have to let me know. You should all know by now that I'm happy to take constructive criticism about the swap and the blocks you received. This is an opportunity to comment positively or negatively about what you received and the swap itself, not an excuse to complain. Just pm or email me. I will be giving feedback via the QB Feedback system in a couple of weeks.

And a reminder, the grand is coming in about a month. I'm taking a bit of a break until early next year and DH and I may sneak in a short vacation somewhere. I hope. I will start Boom 24 in mid to late winter. I'll post here and on Early Birds before sign-ups begin to let you know so be on the lookout for them. Just check in periodically if you are interested in rejoining. I've had a number of people who have requested contact about the next Boom so if you'd like me to email you before sign-ups start, email me with that info and I'll add you to the list. This way you won't miss the opportunity to sign-up.

Thank you to all participants. You were a fine group and I appreciate our repeat Boomers joining us again for the Boom 23 Night Owls, as well as our newbies. Newbies, should you join again, you are welcome to take on both groups should you wish.

As always, Boomers are the best. Thank you.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:10 PM

Am waiting for the mail carrier to pick up your blocks. They’ll probably go within the hour. Yay! Be looking for your updates.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:50 PM

I got my blocks today. I haven't opened them yet, but I'll post feedback after I properly drool all over them! We have our pre-Thanksgiving meal tonight at church and I'm helping with the cooking. It'll probably be tomorrow before I get to love on them.
Thanks, Everybody, for making a block for me. And Janice, you know you're hands down the bestest hostess on the net! (Oh, I found the envelope inside. Now how did I do that? LOL)
Old 11-20-2019, 01:48 PM

Glad pkgs are arriving! Lol, Libster, you weren’t the only one. Happy surprise I say! You’re all set for the next round.

Had my basal cell surgery today and I’m whining a blue streak. The blasted bandage is so tight I can barely stand it and I can’t remove it until I go back to the doc in a week. Ended up doing a skin graft but they got it all so I’m trying to think positively. It just hurts, and not where the incisions are. Grrr. I’ll get used to it soon but you all should be thrilled you aren’t in earshot.

Enjoy opening your blocks!
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I got my blocks today. I haven't opened them yet, but I'll post feedback after I properly drool all over them! We have our pre-Thanksgiving meal tonight at church and I'm helping with the cooking. It'll probably be tomorrow before I get to love on them.
Thanks, Everybody, for making a block for me. And Janice, you know you're hands down the bestest hostess on the net! (Oh, I found the envelope inside. Now how did I do that? LOL)
Old 11-20-2019, 02:40 PM

My blocks arrived today! I am so excited. I keep going over each one and can't get enough of all the beautiful work and detail that so many have. Thank you everyone for the makings of a beautiful quilt. I won't get started on it until after the holidays. I do plan on having a very quilty winter though!
Old 11-20-2019, 02:43 PM

Just walked in the house and have my squishy in my hand!!!! Woo Hooo, haven't looked may sit down w/a glass of wine and do some block petting before cooking supper.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:01 PM

These are some awesome blocks ladies, Irish mom, the orange fabric you used in my block is the same exact fabric I made that sun dress from.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

Got my package today, too! What a load of gorgeous blocks! Thank you everyone for doing such a great job with these! I love my blocks and think both of my quilts will look great! Thanks to all who sent back scraps due to my request. I'm sure I have enough scraps now to make a few more blocks if I'm careful.

Thank you Janice, for allowing your home to be over-run with these for months (I know how that is), and I hope your skin surgery stops hurting soon.

Will post feedback soon. Thanks again, all.... Happy dance being done over here!
Old 11-20-2019, 04:54 PM

Received my blocks today, thanks Boomers! Looking forward to making my quilt.
Everyone have a nice thanksgiving. Janice I would like to be notified by e-mail for the next boom.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:59 PM

Pretty sundress Kass, and the neckties are really cool.