Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 12-09-2019, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

Thank you, on the GB dresses...

For those that have their next Boom fabric already, how about some sneak peek pictures?
Old 12-09-2019, 07:57 AM

I just heard from the designer I was testing a pattern for and am allowed to post pictures of the test block, so here is the quilt I am working on w/ the proper center. The design for the center FPP block is by Quilt Art Designs and will be available in January. Hoping I get a chance to go to the fabric store today so I can get enough fabric to finish my inside borders.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]620748[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0484.jpg  
Old 12-09-2019, 08:35 AM

This is beautiful. I'm happy you are able to post pix of your work and the new design.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I just heard from the designer I was testing a pattern for and am allowed to post pictures of the test block, so here is the quilt I am working on w/ the proper center. The design for the center FPP block is by Quilt Art Designs and will be available in January. Hoping I get a chance to go to the fabric store today so I can get enough fabric to finish my inside borders.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]620748[/ATTACH]
Old 12-09-2019, 08:46 AM

Kass, this is going to be beautiful
Old 12-10-2019, 07:12 AM

The babies and dresses are adorable. What an abundance of joy Sewbiz.

Kassaundra that new quilt is just gorgeous. I hope you are also continuing with your fabric designs work.

im working on finishing up my 13 UFOs. I’ve got two done and two almost done. I will post pictures when I get these two done.

I’m very excited about the last boom project. My sister of the heart (who’s quilt it is) is coming out from the east coast in February. she will put the quilt together. I think this will be an easy Beginner project. Sashing between blocks. Plain borders and one border all 4/1/2 inch squares. She’ll learn rotary cutting and piecing squares and pin basting the layers together. Then we she’s gone I’ll quilt it for her. She’ll have gorgeous not beginner quilt for all her work! While she is putting together that quilt, I’m going to quilt the previous boom quilt together. That’s two more big UFOs that will get done!

December is very relaxed for me so I have a lot of time to quilt, especially since we are getting a lot of rain. We don’t do any holiday decorating or presents and I only work three days. January we are all getting together in Omaha where Dd and her Hubble are having a big one year anniversary party. They had a very small wedding at our house last year

I hope everyone is well and enjoying time with family.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
!!!

!
I didn't realize that individual words like "wow" and "gorgeous" could not be in all caps. forgive my shouting....

Still gorgeous stuff, ya'll. Love the dresses, Sewbiz. Merry Christmas everyone.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:34 AM

My quilt is done and was given to my mil last Saturday at our late Thanksgiving and early Christmas get together with the rest of the in-laws. She loved it. Thanks everyone for the gorgeous work you've done on each and every block. Happy holidays to everyone.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:27 AM

Stunning just stunning. I can't wait to see it in January when it is released.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Power Poster

I love that Hawaiian center, Kass!

The baby dresses were a big crash and burn!... for this Christmas, anyway. They all came out huge for the babies. The babies, plus Millie's cousin, are all three different sizes. I mistakenly made all 3 the same and they were big even on the biggest girl (Ivy). Sooooooo... they are being put up til next Christmas, when they will surely fit. I am starting over for Millie, so she'll have a new holiday dress to wear to her mommy's family's place in IA, this Christmas.

It's so hard to get the sizes right when they aren't here to try the clothes on as I sew.

I went in to get a calcium scan of my heart this morning. Last one was 11 years ago and my score was a perfect 0. Now I am somewhat heavier and 11 years older, and I was afraid I had put some plaque in my arteries. But nope!! I am still a 0. My heart is clean as a whistle! I am so thankful to God for this awesome result.

Last edited by sewbizgirl; 12-10-2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:46 PM

Auditioning the half dressies on the brown triangles. They aren't stitched to it yet, just glue basted to see if I liked it first. (the inner border matches along the curved line, just some have seam allowance sewn and others don't yet.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]620804[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0485.jpg