Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 08-20-2019, 06:05 PM

Ivy is adorable in her little outfit.

Libster, Biblistone, and Julia great blocks ladies

Jaba sorry you are still having some after effects from your chemo, praying for relief.

GramE, I have auditioned fabric before and the boom fabric has stuck to it when it went back in drawer. Later when I find it missing I have to remember what color fabric bin had last been pulled out. Several times all the fabric had to be removed from the bin to find it.
So glad you remembered where it was

Last edited by terriamn; 08-20-2019 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:44 PM

Default Boom biz - color requests

Reminder to everyone to read and reread the color requests before making your blocks. It’s important to use the colors requested as often as possible or your block may end up not being used. Anyone with questions about a particular request should contact the fabric owner directly, post here or ask me and I’ll handle it. Thank you!
Old 08-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Power Poster

It’s scary to loose boom fabric, for sure! GramE, I’m sorry my fabric caused you so much worry! The block you showed me looked beautiful.

Libster, for the towel I didn’t use any stabilizer. I sewed the panel and half the width of the terry cloth face to face and “birthed” them. Then I topstitched around the outer edge. Using lots of safety pins I outline quilted the characters. No problems.

Java, I love what you do for the low income cancer patients. Bless your generous heart! I hope your health improves day by day.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:13 AM

Thank you Libster for such a pretty block!

SBG, little Ivy is sure a darling baby and her new outfit looks like it fits her perfectly.

Jaba, hope you and your DH are both feeling better real soon. With his shoulder being immobile for some time, does this mean you will be flying to Florida this year?
Old 08-21-2019, 03:20 AM

Here are two more blocks. The first one is for MJP and the second is for Kass. Kass I thought I'd give you a few more frogs for your quilt.
Attached Thumbnails mjp.jpg   kassandra.jpg  
Old 08-21-2019, 03:22 AM

Miss Ivy is as cute ss can ne! The clothes you made are so darling.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:28 AM

Morning Zozee. Nice to see you.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:07 AM

Default Boom Biz - color requests, additional info

The color request issue may be spreading.

First, I'm going to make the unusual request that everyone check the color requests they received against the blocks they've already made. If you find you've not followed the requests, please make an attempt to comply with what the block owner wanted by changing out fabric if possible.

Second, do not rely on the pictures you may see in the gallery to determine what the color requests are. If the wrong colors were used in a block, and it's posted, the problem spreads like wildfire. I'm taking the Boom 23 gallery offline temporarily until this situation is resolved.

Third, I do not have all color requests. There will be 600 blocks here by the end of the swap and I cannot police every single block, nor do I have any desire to do so. I do rely on each of you to do your due diligence by reading and understanding requests but I will try to remedy the situation if a problem pops up.

Fourth: Please everyone, slow down, reread the requests and make sure you know what the owner wishes.

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Reminder to everyone to read and reread the color requests before making your blocks. It’s important to use the colors requested as often as possible or your block may end up not being used. Anyone with questions about a particular request should contact the fabric owner directly, post here or ask me and I’ll handle it. Thank you!

Last edited by Janice McC; 08-21-2019 at 04:11 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 04:56 AM

Oh my look at that adorable froggie family, mom, dad, big sis, and little brother. Thanks I love the block.
Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
Here are two more blocks. The first one is for MJP and the second is for Kass. Kass I thought I'd give you a few more frogs for your quilt.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:28 AM

If I didn't say so already, you hit it right on the mark! Thank you so much.