Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 08-20-2019, 09:06 AM

SuziSew, I found one online. I made my pattern in EQ8 but found on under the name Crown and Star. https://phoebemoon.com/PDF/crown-and-star.pdf
Old 08-20-2019, 09:13 AM

Next block up this one is for MJPEncinitas! I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails mjpencinitas.jpg  
Old 08-20-2019, 11:21 AM

I made a couple of blocks today. First is for Mvikki. Second is for Cheesehead. Both of these fabrics are so pretty.
Attached Thumbnails 101_1129-2-.jpg   101_1127-2-.jpg  
Old 08-20-2019, 01:20 PM
Power Poster

Wow, so many beautiful new blocks! I'd say we are in block making hyperdrive now! That jukebox is just too cute. And I love crossed canoes... and that one is made so beautifully. Lovely work, everyone.

Well, I made it to Memphis but the "three hour trip" ended up taking me all day. As soon as I left and got onto the interstate a big rock hit my windshield and caused the deepest peck hole I've ever had. Windshield is only about 2 months old. So, with the extreme heat we are having I had to get it filled right away. So... off to the glass shop for about a 2 hour delay waiting for them to fill the peck mark.

Then about an hour into the drive it poured rain. The whole way there was alternating sunshine and blinding rain. I usually drive right on through most any kind of rain, but this one you literally couldn't see what was right in front of you and I was afraid of getting hit from the rear. I pulled off the interstate and took a 30 minute nap. When I woke up the sun was shining! So I did finally get to Memphis, just several hours late.

Here are the pics some of you asked to see.

The beachtowel I made for each of my granddaughters. Can double as a bath wrap when not summer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616418[/ATTACH]

The back is cotton terry cloth. I was surprised how nicely it showed the quilting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616419[/ATTACH]

And these are of Ivy in one of her new blouse and bloomers sets I made.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616420[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616421[/ATTACH]

Don't know if I will get to see my other GD while here. Still waiting to hear back from them.
Attached Thumbnails img_5492.jpg   img_5493.jpg   img_5498.jpg   img_5510.jpg  
Old 08-20-2019, 02:43 PM

Lots of great blocks, that jukebox block is pretty awesome!

Sewbiz that grand of yours is just adorable.
Old 08-20-2019, 02:52 PM

Ivy is adorable. Love the towel. Love seeing everyone's blocks.
Old 08-20-2019, 03:16 PM

Sewbiz, just look at that beautiful smile! She looks so pleased with her new outfit. Looks great on her. I may have to copy your idea on the beach towel for Kora Lee. How did you stabilize it to stitch around the motifs?
Old 08-20-2019, 03:24 PM

What cute baby pics sewbiz!! Lots of great looking blocks.
Old 08-20-2019, 05:02 PM

Ahhhhh, sewbiz, enjoy those grands as much as you can!! Trust me, you just never know what's in the future. Going to try and start on the night owl group tomorrow, finished the Early birds today.
Lady is coming tomorrow for my donation quilts for the low income cancer patients. I know that sounds terrible, but there is no way they could afford to buy a blanket if they needed one. These patients only source is medicare and donation. I sew at least 8 for when we leave for Florida and 8 when we get home. She called today to see if I would still be willing to do that....she's down to 1 quilt. Tomorrow she will come and pick up 8 to 10 for the winter months. I think I told all of you the hubby is having surgery on Thursday for his shoulder. This will prove to be interesting for sure. I have been going through yet another side effect from the ----chemo, hope it ends soon. We will be quite a pair for sure. Hope I'm making sense ladies, I am just so tired tonight, better tomorrow. Everyone is making beautiful blocks, I'm looking forward to starting this week, hopefully tomorrow
Old 08-20-2019, 05:46 PM

Oh, Jaba, May the coming days be unhurried and peaceful. Life happens faster sometimes than we can process it. So grateful for your donations. Yours being anonymous, you don’t get feedback. I send mine to women I know from my support group who have a need and they are indeed grateful. As grateful to be thought of as they are to be receiving the quilt. That will come towards winter. ❤️

Such precious babies, Sewbiz. Holding them lowers your blood pressure you know.

Hello Night Owls. A shout out from an early bird. I had asked Sewbizgirl if she would sideswap with me because I loved her fabric. It’s a hand sewing project so I started it right away. I have her center done, have had it done for a while but wasn’t convinced that I liked them together. No problem, lay it aside, it will look different on a different day.

So a different day came, yesterday and I decided to put them together, but I cannot find her fabric. Hasn’t been cut, but it has been staring at me from the front of the BoomBin for a couple of weeks. No where. Not panicking, but anxious. Nothing in the sewing room gets thrown away without being sifted through at least twice. I have a small can and a bigger can that is supposed to be sifted through stuff, but i’ve Been known to sift twice!

Knowing it could be stuck on something and I don’t know it worries me. But I have a quilt to finish, a birthday bag to make, and a follow up eye appointment to keep me busy.

As I sat down here tonight to call it a night, a neon sign flashed in my head, “it’s in the copier”. And my second thought was what’s in the, oh, that’s where Sewbizgirl’s fabric is, in the copier. I was trying to figure out if a different way I wanted to cut it would work so I copied it onto 3 sheets of paper so I could cut without worry. But, I didn’t lift the lid and take the fabric out! Aaaahhh. Relieved. It will stay in the copier until I rescue it in the morning.

I love solving problems. I love it more when they aren’t mine! ❤️

Last edited by GramE; 08-20-2019 at 05:48 PM.