Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 09-04-2019, 04:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by annt59 View Post
Does anyone have the blue, brown and lime green fabric, 3 1/2 by 7 to sendme? Queenbarbie used it in her block for showbizgirl. I cut my 2 3 1/2 s as 2 3 inch blocks. I would appreciate it if you could send it to me.
Do you mean my focus fabric, with the little surfers? I still have that fabric and can send you the piece you need. Just pm your address to me...
Old 09-04-2019, 04:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SuziSew View Post
I have managed to get a couple of blocks done but need to get pictures taken so I can post. I have to confess, as a new boomer I feel a little intimidated with so many amazing blocks, and of course there is that small fear when making that first cut into the fabric! I don't know if it's just me but I'm having so much trouble deciding on blocks that will best use the focus fabric. I think I've printed nearly a ream of paper and spent hours trying to decide on a pattern! I'm still amazed that I've managed to get any done! LOL! Good thing there's still a couple of months to finish!
Suzi, don't be intimidated! Simple blocks can look great in a quilt, too. And I agree that it takes more time to find the 'right' block pattern than to make it! Look forward to seeing your blocks. We will all oooh and ahhhh.

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Well, Ladies, I promised a picture as soon as I could commandeer some hold-up helpers, so here it is. This is for my five year old great-grandson, Axel. His big boy quilt.
Love Axel's big boy quilt! That was such a great collection of blocks. You always do a great job putting your QAYGs together, too. He will have years of cozy snuggles under that one!

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I finally got the binding done on the huge king quilt for Bill. I'll take a pic soon and post sewbiz.
this is the one you wanted to see. Got a new Christmas quilt made and I'm sewing that binding now. Made a table runner to match for the coffee table and 2 smaller ones for the end tables.
Yay! Love seeing your quilts, Jaba! Why don't you show us pics of all those you mentioned? We all love the eye candy.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Do you mean my focus fabric, with the little surfers? I still have that fabric and can send you the piece you need. Just pm your address to me...

I will IM you my address. Bless you!
Old 09-04-2019, 05:32 PM

Libster--the green and white quilt for Axel looks great! He'll have so much fun studying all the blocks over and over. A great quilt to "grow up" with.

Suzi--have you looked at patchworksquare.com? I found many blocks on there that are easy to read, have good diagrams, and samples of whole quilts made with that block. I was brand new to the Booms this past winter, and spent a crazy amount of time trying to decide which blocks to do. I was happy with every one that came from that site.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:28 PM

I still can’t take a straight picture. Irishmom this one is for you. I saw something similar to this years ago and it stuck with me. I hope you like it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]617045[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ee61c10c-1c12-4c3f-b55c-9916af065ca8.jpeg  
Old 09-04-2019, 08:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I still can’t take a straight picture. Irishmom this one is for you. I saw something similar to this years ago and it stuck with me. I hope you like it.

Oh, that’s great MJP! You are so creative!
Old 09-04-2019, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post

Love this block! Well done.
Old 09-05-2019, 02:35 AM

Thank you to everyone who posted here and sent emails and pm's with offers of help and thoughts and prayers. You all are so wonderfully kind. Yesterday, I will admit, was one of my worst days, and I'm afraid I may have presented a more dire picture than I meant to. I'm ok right now, just very, very shaky and some things (like sewing and cutting) that were completely natural are now extremely difficult. Docs are working to get meds straightened out and so far that hasn't happened adding to the problem but I have confidence everything will settle down soon. I'm still getting scans and tests and I've got no explanation for what's going on. But, sooner or later I will. In the meantime, I'm going to keep on trucking with the gallery (when it cooperates) and will keep you in the loop as much as I can without me becoming the focus of the swap. You all are the focus and I really want it to stay that way. Thank you all again.
Old 09-05-2019, 05:32 AM

Janice, just know that we all care about you and love how you're our fearless leader! We'll do anything we can to help make things better for you. We all know how strong and capable you are but you are allowed to be human too. Just let us mother you for a bit.
Dorian is beginning to rattle the trees a bit here this morning. I hope the worst is getting past your area by now. This storm is a monster!
Old 09-05-2019, 06:49 AM

Janice, I too am saddened by your recent health issues and hope for a positive outcome. Health comes first and the swap whenever your situation improves. We are here to help, please take us up on the offer if needed.

Great blocks from everyone!
Libster super job on the quilt for your grandson, he's going to love it!
SBG, hope your wicked sinus infection is healed with the new meds.