Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group >

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group

Old 09-04-2019, 06:20 AM

Lstew and Terriamn thank you for the wonderful blocks. They are just what I hoped for. Terriamn is that paper piecing or special rulers? Lsetw beautiful triangle block. It's the type I don't do well so perfect for this quilt.

I feel very lucky, I had a wonderful labor day weekend. My husband and I went to the San Diego quilt show at the convention center. It was a fun time. I stopped at the SewingMachinesPlus booth to get advice on my sitdown sweet16. After I try Jaba's suggestions I will take it in to them. They believe a regular maintenance will fix the problem if vacuuming and thoroughly out the bobbin area doesn't. My husband and I talked to their repair guy for 30 minutes. He was very knowledgeable.

He convinced my husband that I need their KIng 2 longarm machine with robotics. It is the same as the 18" HQ Avante longarm. It is $17000 I had to reign my husband in. I told him lets hold off on that. SewingMachinesPlus are very good about supporting their machines and they would come to the house to set up the machine and service the machine.

I finished the very important lap quilt on my home machine and sent it off last week. The recipient should get it today. That frees me up to do the blocks. So it will be full steam ahead.

I also had more excitement. My tennis partner and I won a 3.5 doubles tennis tournament. We played Sunday and Monday. On Monday we played 4 hours in hot weather for the finals against women 20 years younger than us. We won large engraved beer mugs. I don't drink much anymore but we celebrated with a 1/2 mug of beer and pizza after the match. Then I went home and went to bed. We had fun watching the open tournament (much better than us) women play their match. We don't look anything like them; which is probably why they won money and we won beer mugs. A good weekend.

Then I started my FallProof program. 10 students and 4 assistants. It was the best first day ever. Two people had to drop out at the last minute due to heart problems. I still have my feisty 92 year old in the class. I was able to gently steer the one cantankerous person to dropping the class so all I have left are the sparkling personalities. It is my passion, keeping my seniors living independently.

Take care of yourselves my boom sisters. My heart hearts when I hear about the health problems!
Old 09-04-2019, 06:23 AM

Janice ditto what everyone else has said. We care very much for you and hope you will keep us in the loop. Pls. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

Very sorry to hear that, Janice! Take care of yourself first, always. Why don't you just let the gallery go... we can finish the swap without it.

I know there are several of us capable of handling the block swap for you. Just say the word... will pm you.

Prayers for your health!
Old 09-04-2019, 06:26 AM

MJP sounds like a wonderful weekend. My block for you was paperpieced.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

MJP, congrats on your tennis victory! And your new fallproof class.... I had to chuckle at your mention of the cantankerous personality. I've had those... and they can be a handful. Bravo on your diplomacy, LOL!

What a great guy your husband is! But, I wouldn't be able to part with $17,000 for a longarm either. I am very happy with my sit down machine. And the robotics... only rob you of the most creative part of the process. I hope you are able to get your SD machine up to speed again.

I'm still sick as a dog with this sinus infection. Sweated with fever all night. Doc changed me to a different antibiotic, so I'm hoping it will work.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
My block for you was paperpieced.
That's an awesome block, Terri.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:06 AM

Janice, While I am not a Boomer this time, I am keeping up with this thread. Please know that you are in my prayers. I highly recommend you take someone up on the offer to distribute the boom blocks for you. Pick someone you know and trust with organizational savvy and boom experience. It would be their honor to bless you and it would boost your immune system to get rid of the stress. Forget about the gallery//it’s not worth the hassle ! Imagine the feeling of relief when you hand the boom baton to someone to finish the swap process. Please. I think I speak for everyone here when I say give yourself grace and let someone else carry this burden while you take care of yourself.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:33 AM

Janice, I’m so sorry to hear you are having continued problems with your health. Please know that we care much more about what happens with you than what happens with the boom. Your in my prayers sweet lady.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:50 AM

Janice, sorry to hear about health problems. I sent you a PM and hope it finds you at your best. Please let us all help you out.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:36 AM

Janice as the others have stated, take care of yourself first, that's what is most important.

I have managed to get a couple of blocks done but need to get pictures taken so I can post. I have to confess, as a new boomer I feel a little intimidated with so many amazing blocks, and of course there is that small fear when making that first cut into the fabric! I don't know if it's just me but I'm having so much trouble deciding on blocks that will best use the focus fabric. I think I've printed nearly a ream of paper and spent hours trying to decide on a pattern! I'm still amazed that I've managed to get any done! LOL! Good thing there's still a couple of months to finish!