Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17 >

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Old 07-06-2019, 07:41 PM

Libster that block is called a churn dash star. Here is where I found it http://www.nancysnotions.com/media/p...-dash-star.pdf
Old 07-07-2019, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej View Post
Libster that block is called a churn dash star. Here is where I found it http://www.nancysnotions.com/media/p...-dash-star.pdf

Thank you for sharing. I love this block.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:01 AM

I have been trying freezer paper foundation paper piecing. I have fpp for years but w/ the tearing the paper method. I got a pkt of freezer paper that goes in the computer printer (it was suppose to work better then kitchen rolled freezer paper, this is lies, I will go back to the kitchen rolled stuff). Seemed like a perfect time to try the feathered star pattern. I drew out my pattern but based on the "no y seam" pattern on the "threaded quilting studio" site. My pattern size is perfect for a finished 12 inch block. I am thinking my fabrics were a bit to busy I may work on some applique or fancy stitching to highlight the inner feather fabric star.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614580[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0217.jpg  
Old 07-07-2019, 11:03 AM

Wow, what an intricate, beautiful block! You know I love stars.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:47 AM

Lol, yes, I know how much you love stars. I do now have a workable pattern all ready to go, we'll have to see if any fabric wants to be a feathered star this boom.

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Wow, what an intricate, beautiful block! You know I love stars.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:08 PM

Kass your feathered star is gorgeous! I can only imagine how much work goes into that block.
Old 07-07-2019, 01:29 PM

Wow wow wow Kassandra. Beautiful feathered star
Old 07-07-2019, 05:50 PM

I primarily PP, but always with paper, not freezer paper. Is it hard to switch to freezer paper? Will regular kitchen freezer paper go in a printer? Your block is beautiful!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I have been trying freezer paper foundation paper piecing. I have fpp for years but w/ the tearing the paper method. I got a pkt of freezer paper that goes in the computer printer (it was suppose to work better then kitchen rolled freezer paper, this is lies, I will go back to the kitchen rolled stuff). Seemed like a perfect time to try the feathered star pattern. I drew out my pattern but based on the "no y seam" pattern on the "threaded quilting studio" site. My pattern size is perfect for a finished 12 inch block. I am thinking my fabrics were a bit to busy I may work on some applique or fancy stitching to highlight the inner feather fabric star.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614580[/ATTACH]
Old 07-07-2019, 05:56 PM

Talking

I was looking at pictures of previous Boom blocks, and am questioning my skills. There are some beautiful blocks! My daughter has hijacked my very first Boom! Once she understood what will happen, she was intrigued and loved looking at all the blocks. She found a fabric she loved (sale, not stash) so I ordered it. Now being the frugal person that I am, I proceeded to buy enough additional fabric to get free shipping. Lol
Old 07-07-2019, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Smglover207 View Post
I was looking at pictures of previous Boom blocks, and am questioning my skills. There are some beautiful blocks! My daughter has hijacked my very first Boom! Once she understood what will happen, she was intrigued and loved looking at all the blocks. She found a fabric she loved (sale, not stash) so I ordered it. Now being the frugal person that I am, I proceeded to buy enough additional fabric to get free shipping. Lol

Oh, you are a lady after my own heart! lol I figure I'd rather have more fabric than pay the same amount with the shipping any day.