Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17 >

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Old 07-05-2019, 03:26 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614556[/ATTACH]
Here’s my fabric for the boom. I’m back to my Tula Pink comfort zone.
I’m asking that you match any color in it with either solids or tone on tone (reads solid) fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails cde0208f-814f-41fe-9d85-c8657b0efd3d.jpeg  
Old 07-05-2019, 04:23 PM

Ooh Pamela. I have the book Tula pink 100 city blocks. Those blocks will look great with this fabric.
Old 07-05-2019, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry View Post
I’m asking that you match any color in it with either solids or tone on tone (reads solid) fabrics.

Pretty fabric!
Old 07-05-2019, 06:08 PM

Sorry it wouldn't work out for you, international postage is a killer for sure. Maybe you could organize something similar w/ European quilters.

Originally Posted by RJLinkletter View Post
I have been a long time lurker of the boom threads as I think they are just fantastic and look to be so much fun. I really wanted to join in this one but forgot there was 4 sets of postage not just 2. Having checked out prices it would be £60-£80 ($75-$100) just in postage which I think makes it prohibitive for now at least.

I will continue to read these threads with interest (and a teeny bit of jealousy haha)
Old 07-05-2019, 06:46 PM

Pamela, very pretty fabric, love all the different colors.

QueenB. I have an entire bolt of the dark brown fabric in your last picture.

Had a fun day with friends and tomorrow my dd and family will be out to spend the day with us. Great start to our week’s vacation.
Old 07-06-2019, 06:33 AM

Do you have a specific idea for this quilt? (like child, comfort, donation, you etc) I have an idea, haven't put it to paper yet, guess I need to see if you are in the 3 month group too, before I get to ahead of myself. lol

Old 07-06-2019, 06:43 AM

RJLinkletter, while I think our swap is terrific, I, too, find the overseas mailing costs to be prohibitive. An option for you might be to do "side swaps" with some members. It would be outside of this swap, but some might be willing to swap individual pieces of fabric with you and you two make the arrangements yourselves. Just an idea!
Originally Posted by RJLinkletter View Post
I have been a long time lurker of the boom threads as I think they are just fantastic and look to be so much fun. I really wanted to join in this one but forgot there was 4 sets of postage not just 2. Having checked out prices it would be £60-£80 ($75-$100) just in postage which I think makes it prohibitive for now at least.

I will continue to read these threads with interest (and a teeny bit of jealousy haha)
Old 07-06-2019, 07:06 AM

OK, I'm back, more or less! I feel like I missed so much in just two days.

First of all, welcome to our newbies! Currently, we have 4 newbies which makes me very happy. I love that we have new people as each of you brings something new to the group. Everyone else is a repeat Boomer, some very long term. You all are the backbone of the swap. I love seeing your posts and emails saying you want to rejoin. Ahhh. The beginning of next week, I'll post the list of names so far. But to update you, we have 17 people for the 3 month group and 6 for the 2 month group. I have one "maybe" for the 3 month.

I'm going to open up the gallery for the Boom 23 fabrics shortly. If anyone wants to look at the blocks from previous swaps, please do so soon. I'm going to close it down again for a while. It becomes a bit cumbersome to keep all the various pages open.

Reminder, when you post blocks/pix, please shrink your photos! 200 kb or smaller would be terrific. While it's not a problem for everyone, pages when they are picture heavy are difficult for some to load. Shrinking is a kindness for all so please take the extra time to do so, or adjust the camera to take smaller pix to begin with and save yourself the trouble. Thank you! Also, watch when quoting previous posts that you aren't reposting the same huge files. If they're large, you can quote but remove the pix.

Here's a tip that some may not know. If you want to reply to several posts, you can click the little icon on the far right bottom of all the posts you want to reply to and when you've selected them all, click "+Reply to Thread" and they'll all pop up in a single post.

IrishMom, I have this book. It's a good resource. I've not heard of the movie you mentioned but isn't that a intriguing plot!
Originally Posted by IrishMom View Post
Thanks for all the welcomes! The book I bought was Around the Block with Judy Hopkins, 200 Rotary-Cut Blocks in 6 sizes. It is a great book and everything I have made from it comes out the right size, yay!

Off this evening to see the movie Yesterday -- the concept intrigues me. A musician finds out he is the only person left who remembers the Beatles and their songs. He becomes an instant hit as he starts recording the songs. I hope it's good, but at the least it will be air conditioned! Super hot and humid here.
PamelaOry, I love this fabric!
I'm off to update the database and do a little admin work. Have a lovely weekend everyone!
Old 07-06-2019, 10:45 AM

I’m in the 3 month group! I don’t have a purpose in mind yet...what is your idea? I’m dying to know!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Do you have a specific idea for this quilt? (like child, comfort, donation, you etc) I have an idea, haven't put it to paper yet, guess I need to see if you are in the 3 month group too, before I get to ahead of myself. lol
Old 07-06-2019, 11:17 AM

Something different then I have done before. I will have to see if I can draw out a pattern first. The pattern would be more intricate so I looked to see if there were any already available and didn't find any.

I’m in the 3 month group! I don’t have a purpose in mind yet...what is your idea? I’m dying to know!