Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17 >

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Old 07-16-2019, 04:09 AM

Bee's knees, hummmmm much more suited to Pamela's fabric then sea critters, we shall see, the plot thickens. lol

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
This looks like a bee leg to me...
Old 07-16-2019, 04:19 AM

Kassandra that blue starry fabric looks like fun to work with. I already have something in mind for it.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:28 AM

Sewbiz, I’d love to see your warm wishes, I need to make a baby quilt soon.

Kass, can’t wait to see more. I have a new obsession with micro blocks, made an ornament from log cabin blocks that were 1 inch squares. I know your block will be bigger, but want to see what has such tiny pieces.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Bee's knees, hummmmm much more suited to Pamela's fabric then sea critters, we shall see, the plot thickens. lol
I just went back for another look at Pamela's fabric. Sewbiz, I think you may have hit on something with the bee's knee. I concede with my crab claw. I was wishing I was at Joe's Crab Shack at the moment. lol
Old 07-16-2019, 06:13 AM

So many fun fabrics!! I'm still going between two fabrics, and they are very different in style.....

Last week was busy with relatives staying at our house. They are looking at colleges in the area and using our house as a base. It would be such fun to have her near. In the past we've had a niece and nephew who live 12 hours away with in two hours of us in college. They would come to our house for the holidays where it was just too much to travel and got to be a closer part of our lives.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:39 AM

Kass I missed your teaser before, very intriguing.

Libster I love Joe’s Crab Shack, unfortunately none by us any longer.

Visiting my sister and her new condo. She is slowly adjusting to be a widow and her new condos is perfect for one person. She has made the master bedroom her sewing room and still has a ways to go assembling it to her liking and the kitchen isn’t finished yet. Other then that place has been gutted and totally fresh.

Last edited by terriamn; 07-16-2019 at 06:48 AM.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:47 AM

My arm was taken out of the immoblizer yesterday. I can use it as long as I do not lift or twist it for the next three weeks. My body has laid enough bone down that my shoulder blade is stable. I am so glad. 105 here and it was so hot and sweaty to have my arm stuck to me. I start physical therapy in 3 weeks. I bet next time the little voice says, "this could be a bad plan." and I will not continue ahead and ride my bike over the railroad tracks.

I am looking forward to making blocks with everyone's fabrics.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post

Visiting my sister and her new condo. She is slowly adjusting to be a widow and her new condos is perfect for one person.
Hope you have a good visit with your sis, Terri. Glad to hear she is adjusting well after losing her Vincent.

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
My arm was taken out of the immoblizer yesterday. I can use it as long as I do not lift or twist it for the next three weeks. My body has laid enough bone down that my shoulder blade is stable. I am so glad. 105 here and it was so hot and sweaty to have my arm stuck to me. I start physical therapy in 3 weeks. I bet next time the little voice says, "this could be a bad plan." and I will not continue ahead and ride my bike over the railroad tracks.
Yikes... I totally missed this story! What happened, Hav?

Originally Posted by IrishMom View Post

Last week was busy with relatives staying at our house. They are looking at colleges in the area and using our house as a base. It would be such fun to have her near. In the past we've had a niece and nephew who live 12 hours away with in two hours of us in college. They would come to our house for the holidays where it was just too much to travel and got to be a closer part of our lives.
Fingers crossed for you that she will pick a college near you. My sons used to bring home 'holiday orphans' from college and it always made for a fun time.

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I was wishing I was at Joe's Crab Shack at the moment. lol
Libster, Yum! The only time I ate at a JCS was once on a business convention in Vegas. Super fancy, and super expensive. Delicious, but I was so happy someone else was paying. (Maybe because that was Vegas...)

Will we get group names tomorrow?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-16-2019 at 11:07 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 07-16-2019, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post

I am looking forward to making blocks with everyone's fabrics.

Oh, I missed this one too! I knew Zozee had a shoulder out, but somehow I missed hearing about you. I sure hope you're on the upswing from your accident. I can't imagine not being able to move my arm for a long period of time. With this awful heat we're having, I'd probably just sit in front of a fan going wide open. Feel better soon. I'm glad you're able to sew again.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:29 PM

On June 21 I was riding my bike home from work and the tire hit the train tracks and I went down. Fractured two ribs, my left scapula (shoulder blader) around the socket, and some horrid road rash. I am healing up well. I was out of work for 2.5 weeks but was unable to do much. So thankful to have my arm back in use.