Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17 >

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Old 07-15-2019, 02:01 AM

Default Boom Biz - group updates

Good morning, Boomers. We're getting close! The 3 month group has filled and the 2 month group has 8 firm and one tentative. Here's a list of everyone who has signed up to date.

2 month group, (8):
GramE
Hav4boys
Jaba
Libster
macybaby
MonaG
Queenbarbiej
Terriamn

mjpEncinitas* (tentative - need clarification by email)

3 month group (20):
annt59
bibliostone
Cheesehead
hav4boys
IrishMom
jaba
juliasb
Kassaundra
klaws
Libster
Lstew2212
marija
mjpEncinitas
PamelaOry
Queenbarbiej
sewbizgirl
Smglover207
SuziSew

terriamn
vikkim

Sign-ups will remain open through Wednesday, July 17. If there is anyone sitting on the fence about the Swap, please get your name in!

Reminder, I do not accept people to the swap who have a track record of tardiness or non-completion of this or any other swap on the QB. My deadlines are firm and are not suggestions. If I've previously declined your application to join, please don't ask again. Thank you.

As always, if you spot a mistake or your name is missing from the lists, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll fix it asap. Thank you!
Old 07-15-2019, 02:22 AM

Am home from my short but wonderful visit with DS and Future DIL. Oh, boy, do I love Asheville! DH and I walked miles and miles <3 there were so many things to do and see. We'll be going fairly often I imagine. But right now, it's almost boom time and today is blood donation day, clean the house day, shopping day and generally get ready for my friend's visit. Sheesh. Back to the Booms...

mjpEncinitas, please email me with exactly what you want. I'm now confused...
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Janice can I get into the 2 month group and only send 7? I’ve always wanted to try two groups but haven’t felt comfortable enough doing it. This will ease me into it. And I want to get one of GramE blocks . So I can see her technique. I think I’d like to try it while I travel. So I would send 7 and everyone else will send 29. I will make a table runner.
Love the song and like GramE, I can hear it in my head! Great, today's earworm!
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I'm working on the parts of Pamela's block that I have fabric for, and I am FPP. It has been a while since I did a picture FPP w/ tiny odd ball shapes. All the FPPing I have done lately has been repeat geometric where you can precut the pieces and sew the same thing 6 or 8 times anyway the song "It's all Coming Back to Me Now" keeps running through my head. lol
Ditto
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
i actually heard music as I read that!
Macybaby, the 3 month is full but if a spot opens up, I'll check with you to see if you are still interested. You can be the first on the waiting list. Love your beautiful fabrics!
Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
we get so use to doing the same thing over and over again with quilting - I recently made 3 pairs of lounge pants for the summer - all with white thread so I did them simultaneously. I told DH is seemed strange to only do each step three times!

Janice, I didn't sign up for the 3 month group, but if you are short I'll gladly fill in (In addition to the 2 month group). I did not want to take up a spot from someone that could only do the 3 month group.

For the two month group, I plan on sending out 19 different tonal solids - with instructions to use prints and no neutrals ( no whites, creams, greys or blacks). I have no problem getting duplicates, I like to make all different blocks anyway.
Marija, I've got you on the list for the 3 month but please check for my latest email. Welcome back!
Originally Posted by marija View Post
I would like 3 months.
Jaba, the purple is gorgeous. Which goes to which group?
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Today I'm finally getting my fabrics ready. This tie dye purple I am asking that you use a solid bright white only. No prints, WOW or TOT please.
For this fabric please use solids or blender colors that are in the print. No other prints, it's busy enough
So glad to have you join us again, Mona G.
Originally Posted by Mona G View Post
I thought I was going to sit this one out but the small 2 month group is just what I need. Janice, I'll be sending my email soon.
SBG, welcome back. TOT is tone on tone.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
LOL Kass!
These are gorgeous, Cathy! What a colorful quilt they will make. This purple is gorgeous too, Jaba... but what is TOT? Yay, glad you decided to play, Mona!
mjp and Marija, It's lovely to have a person to share with!
Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
Glad your back Marija. Marija takes my yoga class. We get together and compare blocks!
Old 07-15-2019, 06:59 AM

I have the most tedious part of Pamela's block finished, and nearly all of what I can get done until we exchange fabric and while I'm not going to give away the look of the completed part I have done, I will post a teaser pic!!!! lol lol lol (read that as a maniacal lol)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614856[/ATTACH]

That is a normal size pin!
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0227.jpg  
Old 07-15-2019, 08:03 AM

I would love multiples for the 2 month group. I got my fabric washed, now to press it.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:29 AM

Macybaby, is there any way you would consider the 2 month group? You could still get 19 blocks back. I usually have my 2 and 3 month groups done by the time it's time to mail the 2 month's back. Just something to think about. I would love your pretty blocks to be included this Boom.

Wow, Kass! Crabclaw?? Okay, how far off am I? LOL
Old 07-15-2019, 10:08 AM

I'm in for the 3 month group. email sent.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:19 AM

Crab claw?, octopus tentacle?, scorpion tail?, worm partying w/ the early bird?, ribbon tied around some flowers?, hummmmmm so many possibilities!

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Macybaby, is there any way you would consider the 2 month group? You could still get 19 blocks back. I usually have my 2 and 3 month groups done by the time it's time to mail the 2 month's back. Just something to think about. I would love your pretty blocks to be included this Boom.

Wow, Kass! Crabclaw?? Okay, how far off am I? LOL
Old 07-15-2019, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I have the most tedious part of Pamela's block finished, and nearly all of what I can get done until we exchange fabric and while I'm not going to give away the look of the completed part I have done, I will post a teaser pic!!!! lol lol lol (read that as a maniacal lol)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614856[/ATTACH]

That is a normal size pin!
Mr Roboto?
Old 07-15-2019, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

GramE, did you get my pm? About a side swap?
Old 07-15-2019, 01:53 PM

Sewbizgirl, yes, but I read it in the email, then I forget to go to the PM page. Sorry.