Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17 >

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Old 07-19-2019, 05:08 AM

GramE love the paper doll quilt. It is so cute. They kind of remind me of some of my porceline dolls.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

Adorable quilt, GramE! I'm sure she will love that, especially being able to put clothes on the dolls.
Old 07-19-2019, 05:59 AM

[QUOTE=Janice McC;8278471]Am busy making up the email. Quick fyi that our groups will be the Early Birds (2 month group) and the Night Owls (3 month group). These names were submitted by one of our members last round, I believe it was Klaws. Am I right, Klaws?

Yep, that was me! So glad you are using my suggestion. Thanks!
Old 07-19-2019, 06:47 AM

I just gave her the one she is small and I wanted to make sure she could keep the baby warm enough especially the first week or so when they really need it.

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I would love to see some corals added into the blocks with my fabrics anything that makes it a bit more Floridian.

Kass how many babies do you have with Cricket?

It is to hot here right now to be outside doing much. This is the first time in 15+ years that I have not planted a garden. I do have tomatoes and peppers on the porch. So staying inside and quilting is a great thing to be doing. Once finished here for the morning I am back at the sewing machine for an hour or so.
Old 07-19-2019, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
At what time does a night owl become an early bird? If i’m not watching the clock I become an accidental night owl but the dogs are definitely early birds!

Been sleeping all day today, had cataract surgery at 7am this morning. And 4 grandsons overnight and here waiting when we got home with a box of Dunkin Donuts! One flew in secretly from NM to surprise his momma on his birthday. His twin drove in from Wright/Pat AFB. The other 2 live close by, one is a Navy recruit and the other a Purdue freshman. I just love sitting back and listening to them chatter. 3 other grands made a token stop to say hi GramE on their way to church. Then my great granddaughter talked to me at the fence when she was walking to take a swim at her grandma’s house! It was a great day for grands.

GramE, be sure to wear those gorgeous sunglasses they give you after your surgery and don't forget the eyedrops. Aren't you glad that's behind you now? Sounds like you had a wonderful day with the grands and great-grand. Best medicine in the world for you!

Jaba, I'm happy to hear that the cancer is gone. ((((((Hugs)))))) Hopefully, your lungs will get stronger with time and you won't be tied to the machine. My sister had a portable tank that she took with her when she went out. She wore it like a shoulder bag. Hang in there, we've got your back. I can't wait to work with your pretty purple fabric.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:13 AM

“GramE, be sure to wear those gorgeous sunglasses they give you after your surgery and don't forget the eyedrops. Aren't you glad that's behind you now? Sounds like you had a wonderful day with the grands and great-grand. Best medicine in the world for you!”

Libster, I chose to have him insert the drops under the lens, then no drops needed! And I wear those giant sunglasses from my first cataract surgery 3 years ago. Now I have two pair! And yes, they are the best medicine!
Old 07-19-2019, 09:16 AM

I am so excited. I just bought this off FB marketplace. This is the sewing machine I learned to sew on. My dad bought it for my mom their first Christmas together.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]614984[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 67097312_803191240074984_1323563248221421568_n.jpg  
Old 07-19-2019, 10:31 AM

Congrats! That’s so exciting!
Old 07-19-2019, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
I am so excited. I just bought this off FB marketplace. This is the sewing machine I learned to sew on. My dad bought it for my mom their first Christmas together.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]614984[/ATTACH]

Oh, a new baby to break in! Fun days ahead. What will you name her? Sage is running through my mind.
Old 07-19-2019, 12:11 PM

QB love all your blocks, the kaleidoscope block is one of my favorite

GramE Riley will be over the moon with her quilt.

Jaba can’t wait to see your humongous quilt. Fabulous news that the cancer is gone. Hoping the oxygen brings you relief.

early birds and night Owls are great. It Will be easier to remember which group is which.

I am back at the lake. Had a great time with sister, always hard to leave. When I left there it was 68 arrived at lake and it’s 87 and we are in a tornado watch.

Stopped at Minnesota’s largest quilt shop looking for some coordinating fabric for a yard of fabric I just love. Everything seemed so flat with it. Bought a coral and a green but not sure if I will use them or not. Will take a picture and get your opinions once the weather calms down