Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17 >

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Old 07-18-2019, 10:20 AM

It comes down to 'time'. I just heard my DH call out "what happened to my darling?" I said back, "I'll be there in a moment I am just typing about time to my group." I moderate a freecycle group as well as my quilty stuff as well as paper crafts and my music and choral music stuff. I can't forget piano lessons etc. I don't know how I did all I did before retirement because I have a hard time do all these things from before retirement and having raised my daughters. I don't know how I get everything done. Now to stop, regroup, and make some lunch and take care of DH. After all this I will get a bit more time at the sewing machine.
If I were to join another quilting group or forum, or started another quilt without finishing the top that are all over the house I believe he would have a stroke! I have collected more block pattern that I will ever get around to making. The bookmarks for my browser are filled with video instruction that are never going to be looked at again, but just incase I have them handy.
Now that I have rambled on and forgotten what I was suppose to be responding to in the first place have a good quilty day.

Last edited by juliasb; 07-18-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:09 AM

H4B, love love your blocks so far. Not participating because of time constraints, maybe I will make it this winter.

Time sure does fly when you are retired.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

juliasb, how sweet that your hubby calls you "his darling".

Can't wait to get going on the new boom.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:18 PM

My DH and I never take for granted our love for one another. He will ask for me with one pet name or another as I do for him. We have share a close to perfect 29 years.
Like you I am excited to get going on this Boom 23. I keep checking my email for details and my bag of fabrics are cut and ready to go out. I can't help it I am rearin' to go!
Old 07-18-2019, 02:41 PM

My package is ready to mail too! I’m excited for this boom to start.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:43 PM

Am busy making up the email. Quick fyi that our groups will be the Early Birds (2 month group) and the Night Owls (3 month group). These names were submitted by one of our members last round, I believe it was Klaws. Am I right, Klaws?

Also, a couple of things before we start:

Usual F8 size is 18x11 but not a hair less than 18x10. Fabric must be pre-washed and not heavily scented, pressed, selvages removed, and then cut into f8s. Please be sure to cut the f8 on the straight of grain, in other words, no wonky f8s.

All blocks must be a well-constructed 12 1/2 inches square. Please measure as you go to attain proper size.

Please use threads that match or complement the fabrics used in the blocks. (Don't use white thread on black blocks as an example.)

Please try to make the f8 you are sent the focus of the block. Usually that means that the block needs to use a significant portion of the f8. Seldom does anyone want to complain about blocks, but when it happens, it's often because a tiny portion of an f8 was used. Please use what you are sent and keep the remnants. If you aren't sure you are using enough, contact the fabric owner.

Can anyone else think of important points you'd like to bring up? If you don't wish to share them yourselves, please email me and I'll post them.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:14 PM

Love the group names -- and Night Owl could be my second name!

And any points, important or not, will be really helpful to this newbie! Janice - thanks for being so clear on the requirements!
Old 07-18-2019, 03:43 PM
Power Poster

I like the names, too. I am a night owl in real life!
Old 07-18-2019, 03:56 PM

The only point I can think of is to be sure to read the included requests and follow them. If you are unsure of what someone wants, pm them and clarify. No one wants to be disappointed in the blocks they receive.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:04 PM

Are we signing our blocks? Some swaps say yes while others do not want signatures .