Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17 >

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17

Old 07-17-2019, 01:43 PM

H4B, I was tested for MS about 5 years ago when I kept falling, but that wasn’t the case for me. One of my closest friends does have it. She really needs to get her rest or she starts having a lot of different symptoms.

Smglover love your fabric, bright and wild are my favorites. This should be fun to work with.

Sewbiz love the little carrot top. Man you must have a lot of patience to work with baby clothing and your Warm Wishes quilt is so soft and feminine looking.

Vikki your floral print is beautiful.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:44 PM

To upload photos I snap the pick with my iPhone then email it to myself. In the process of emailing my smarter-than-me phone asks what size I’d like to send, That’s the point at which I shrink it. I then open the email to myself on my iPad and save it and post from there.

Mom, that is really pretty fabric!

Hav4boys, I’m so sorry to hear you have MS. You really are having a tough year. You’re in my thoughts and prayers. (I never say the right thing at times like this but know I’m thinking of you and praying for good news to come your way)
Old 07-17-2019, 01:50 PM

Email sent for the 2-month group. I have no idea yet what fabric(s) I'll send, but I'll see what I can come up with this evening.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Power Poster

Yay, Moonrise is back! What a happy surprise....

Vikkim, I love your fabric! I can see why it would be right up Libster's alley, too.

Hav, so sorry to hear about the MS. Hoping you can learn to live with it well.

Some of the exercise classes I teach are Silver Sneaker classes, for senior adults. For some reason, they all seem to want to tell me their full medical histories, sooner or later. It amazes me what kind of problems they live with, some with a long laundry list of ailments, and yet there they still are, in the gym, killing it! I'm inspired by their courage and wisdom and so thankful they aren't just lying in bed.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:13 PM

Moonrise welcome back.

Pamela I upload my pictures the same as you
Old 07-17-2019, 03:27 PM

Got you, Moonrise! Thanks!

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
Email sent for the 2-month group. I have no idea yet what fabric(s) I'll send, but I'll see what I can come up with this evening.
Old 07-17-2019, 03:31 PM

Default Last call! Sign ups close tonight!

Last call! Sign-ups close at 11:59pm eastern so if there’s anyone else interested, please send me your info as requested in post #1.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:52 PM

Thanks, y'all! <3

Here's what I decided to send. It looks like a super-crazy range of fabrics, but I'm planning to make some quilted tote bags with the finished blocks. One person will be making one side of the bag, and another person will be making the opposite side. I thought that would be a fun alternative to making a quilt. (Especially since my quilting frame is disassembled into 48,548 pieces ("slight" exaggeration), and my owie right shoulder is not at all happy about quilting anything larger on my regular machine right now - ugh!)

I got a little cut-happy, so some of the pieces are larger than an F8, but I decided to leave them as they were since most of the prints are larger in scale. More fabric to work with.

I'll put a detailed note in each baggie, but it's generally fine to add colors that are already in the fabric.

I just hope the Tennessee / Georgia / Alabama sports fabrics don't squabble with each other in the envelope along the way! ha ha

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614923[/ATTACH]

(Photo editing software said the pic is under 200k. Hopefully it came through that way!)
Attached Thumbnails boom23fabrics.jpg  

Last edited by moonrise; 07-17-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:33 PM
Power Poster

Interesting collection of fabrics, Moon. I like your idea of making quilted totes with them.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:01 AM

Sign-ups are closed. I’ve got some work to do on my end but at this point, everyone in both groups should be prepping their F8s. Remember to prewash, press, remove selvage and then cut into 18x11 fat eighths. (Absolutely not a hair less than 18x10 please!!!). Please avoid heavily scented starches and detergents.

I’ll be back with you all later today with final group tally and the lists of names. Later, Boomers!!!

Last edited by Janice McC; 07-18-2019 at 02:21 AM.