Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group >

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Boom 25 -Pumpkins 2 month group

Old 09-29-2020, 08:25 AM

Hav4, what a beautiful block you've made for Mobile! I made her a heart in a star and you've made her a star in a heart. I love it! You conquered.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:36 AM

Hav4boys, your heart for Mobile is stunning. I love that star in the middle. Good job perservering!

SBG, I'm sorry your family will be moving further away but I'm thrilled to hear about a new Grand! Congratulations!

Libster, it certainly sounds like you will be one busy woman for the foreseeable future.

Terriamn, how is the new place? Has it cooled down any?
Old 09-29-2020, 10:33 AM

Sewbiz - congratulations! That is the best news.

Have4boys, wonderful heart! I looks like the center is white and light pink. So pretty.

Libster - you are an energizer bunny! Wow! Love your colors.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
And here it is. This one is for Mobile and I will not be making it again. I was determined to have all the fabric lined up and going in the same direction. That was not even the hard part. The two lines in the middle were pieced 5 times. I came to realize the pattern was wrong and made my own.
You did a great job winging it and got it pieced to perfection. A lot of published patterns are wrong, sad to say. The "Around the Block" series of books seems to have many mistakes. But you didn't let that stop you!
Old 09-29-2020, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

THanks for all the congrats on the new baby. Can't believe it's real... They are supposed to be having Christmas with us this year, and Thanksgiving the next... so that's probably when we will get a glimpse and cuddle of their #2.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I spent yesterday cutting out blocks and I've been sewing this morning. Here are five I've finished so far. Two for Klaws, two for Hav4boys and one for Jaba.

Libster, I love the block with the heart in the middle! Might look amazing in my Valentine's fabric! He he he
Old 09-29-2020, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
This block is for Mobile . It’s raw edge applique. Sewn down very well. Block is square I just take lousy pictures

Jayne you might get a very similar block unless you’d like something else.
MJP, I would love it! It would be right up there with the ELF Feet you made for my Christmas quilt!
Old 09-29-2020, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
Here's a Valentine block for JayneW.

Absolutely Amazing! thank you!!
Old 09-29-2020, 02:22 PM

H4B I can easily understand how complicated that pattern was especially when it wasn’t designed properly. It’s fantastic

Oh my Libster sounds like you are going to be a very busy and happy gal.

Janice temps are down to the high 80’s much more manageable for me. I really don’t know how you ladies that live in the south can tolerate such extreme heat.

We have ordered a bed and all of The bedding, should all be here by early next week. The TV that is here is smaller then hubby’s computer screen so larger TV and wall mount stand are also on order. Went grocery shopping then tried to figure out the best place for everything. Unfortunately we still only have a couch in living room with no chairs or an end table. Most everything we have seen is huge and we need 2 small pieces. My sister has a couch and 3 chairs, I told her that was overkill and if we don’t find something I was going to help myself to her smallest chair. Hope she knows I wasn’t kidding

Old 09-29-2020, 02:36 PM

Here is another for Macybaby. My designing skills need to be honed. I think I better stick to patterns.
Attached Thumbnails macybaby2.jpg