Boom 28 Holly

Old 10-01-2022, 02:07 PM

Here is a block for Klaws.

Old 10-01-2022, 02:24 PM

Second guessing my elephant block so I made this one.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1664662993070.jpg  
Old 10-01-2022, 03:00 PM
Power Poster

Wow, so many gorgeous blocks have been posted today! Thanks to everyone for your beautiful efforts. This is a really special swap.

Just a reminder to the whole group to use plenty of the focus fabric from each person. They sent a F8th, so try to use as much of it as you can, rather than just a small piece or pieces.

Sad day today... heard that my 90-something charity quilting mentor and friend passed away last night. She was ready to go and knew where she was going. I'm sure she heard, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." The group she started has given away close to 3500 quilts.

And we attended another sad funeral today, for another friend's mother who was 6 years younger than me. She had recently beaten cancer, but all the chemo she was given had completely depleted her immune system. She caught a rare flesh-eating bacteria and was dead within days. Life is just so rough sometimes.
Old 10-01-2022, 03:57 PM

Thanks, Hav and LC. This block and I did battle. I just couldn’t get the right cuts from the f8 I had to make a good block and I used too much orange. I bought a larger piece and was able to get whole elephants. My first block was a butcher job and I absolutely wouldn’t send it to LC so to the circular bin it went. I’m infinitely more pleased with this one.
Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
love this block!
SBG, I’m sorry to hear about the deaths of your mentor, and of your friend’s mother. You have my condolences.

Went to the Asheville Quilt Show yesterday. It was lovely being amongst other quilters, and dozens upon dozens of gorgeous quilts of all kinds. Naturally, I was drawn to scrappy quilts (my favorite) and was not disappointed. Some of the art quilts were amazing!

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-01-2022 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2022, 04:00 PM

Cheese, I love this block for Rebaquilts. All those expertly placed HSTs to get the design. Wonderful!
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Just finished this block for Reba.
Old 10-01-2022, 06:21 PM

Thanks Janice, this was the first time I made this block so it was a challenge. I'm trying to take my time making everyone's blocks, they just seem to turn out better when I am not in a rush. But most of all, I get so sad when I finish that last block, it's hard knowing it will be several months before the next swap begins.

SBG, so sorry that your quilting mentor has gone home to be with the Lord. What an accomplishment, 3500 quilts given to those in need. How sad it is that your friend's mother survived cancer but her life was cut short due to complications from her chemo. It had to be a very tough day for you, ((((hugs))))

Beautiful blocks being shown this boom, it's so much fun checking in and seeing all of the wonderful blocks that have been created.

Cheese
Old 10-01-2022, 07:47 PM

Sewbiz I am so sorry for the loss of your mentor and the funeral for your friend’s mother. Hope you were able to have a quiet evening.

So many fantastic blocks have been added since my last visit. I apologize if I miss commenting on your block

Fabulous blocks, Cheesehead, Janice, Have4 boys,LogCabin82 and Reba, they are all special

LogCabin 82! The anvil block with the horses is wonderful, thank you
Old 10-01-2022, 11:20 PM

Here is one for Ibex. Love the science theme. Went back and forth over a string of DNA or flasks and test tunes. You can see which theme won out.

Makes me sad to finish my blocks for Holly. I need to make one with my material and then I will start Pumpkins.
Attached Thumbnails fb_img_1664695063017.jpg  
Old 10-01-2022, 11:36 PM

Wow! What beautiful blocks have been posted! Thank you for my elephant blocks. All are adorable. I haven't started sewing any yet, but I have matched up fabric to each F8. It is packed and ready to head to Florida for the next month. Hopefully I will get a lot done because I am scheduled for cataract surgery in November.
Old 10-02-2022, 02:31 AM

Biblistone picking the fabric is where I spend so much time. With that behind you the process should go by quickly