Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 31 Sign-ups open thru Feb 10! >

Boom 31 Sign-ups open thru Feb 10!

Boom 31 Sign-ups open thru Feb 10!

Old 01-31-2024, 02:43 PM

I am in for both! Sending my information.
Old 02-01-2024, 05:38 AM

Count me in :-) I’m overseas but thinking of fabric LOL! Hugs Al!
Old 02-01-2024, 09:47 AM
Power Poster

Yay! Love to see the Boom friends coming back to the swap! My F8s are ready to go. Janice, can we mail now?
Old 02-01-2024, 10:48 AM

You can go ahead and mail, SBG. Obviously we don’t know how many will join but if you want to mail, I can always send back extras. I expect some of us will double up and we might get to a full group.

QUOTE=sewbizgirl;8634595]Yay! Love to see the Boom friends coming back to the swap! My F8s are ready to go. Janice, can we mail now?[/QUOTE]

WMUTeach, I started the 365 Challenge quilt a couple of hours ago and have 8 done. Of course, they’re the easiest and fastest 8! Good thing I’ve been working with 1-1/2 inch squares on Checkerboard Chain or it wouldn’t have gone so well.

Went to the vet today with the pup, and we got an update on her time left. Anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. That’s more than we expected so oddly enough, we’re happy. Lots of time left to enjoy her and do things she likes as long as she doesn’t overdo.
Attached Thumbnails img_5149.jpeg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-01-2024 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-01-2024, 10:52 AM

Updated list…

Cheesehead - 3 month
Logcabin82 - 3 month
Terriamn - 3 month
Sewbizgirl - 3 month
Libster - 2 & 3 month
WMUTeach - 3 month
Janice McC - 3 month
Lstew2212 - 3 month
SusieQOH - 3 month
Hav4boys 2 & 3 months
Rebaquilts - 2 months
Old 02-01-2024, 12:11 PM
Power Poster

Will mail today, Janice.

Little blocks are so cute. Are you working with a particular color scheme?

Good news for more time with your sweet doggie. What is she ailing from, if I might ask?
Old 02-01-2024, 02:14 PM

I’ll look for the blocks next week.

I’m going to do lots of colors. The first dozen or so will be red with black backgrounds. Then I’ll move onto purples or greens or whatever strikes my fancy tomorrow. I’ve done 11 today and am calling it quits for the evening.

Short answer: likely cancer of the spleen. Long answer: Ripley has devastatingly low platelets. She cannot clot. Oddly enough she went for her annual check up 9 days ago and was deemed in perfect health but that was before the labs came in. On Sunday we realized her ear had swollen up but why? Took her in Monday (by which time the labs came in) and they realized she was bleeding into her ear. It was drained under sedation and did a new platelet count. Even lower. Did images and ultrasound and the culprit appears to be a lumpy spleen. Without surgery to confirm it, cannot be sure. She cannot have surgery because she cannot clot. So no real way to be sure but everything points to the spleen locking up her platelets and not letting them out to do their job. She’s 12 1/2 and we won’t put her through anymore surgeries. She’s had 4 or 5 for MAST cell skin cancer, another big reason to think the cancer finally internalized. Her ear was drained again today, no sedation this time, and she did great. We go back Monday for a new platelet count to see if the steroids she’s been put on have begun raising the count. In reality, steroids, if they work will only give her a little more time. But she’s still acting pretty normal just more tired. When she’s worse, well, we’ll do what we have to.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Will mail today, Janice.

Little blocks are so cute. Are you working with a particular color scheme?

Good news for more time with your sweet doggie. What is she ailing from, if I might ask?
Old 02-01-2024, 02:35 PM

Whenever someone is having medical issues I have to run to Google to understand. And now it is our lived four legged children.
and making the decisions on treatments is just as difficult.
my prayers for you and yours
Old 02-01-2024, 02:36 PM

Janice McC, I am liking the color choices for your 365 blocks. I agree that those little, bitty squares do get easier after making a few of the "Checkerboard Square" blocks. I am doing a two day "retreat" next weekend and the CC is going to be my project. Need to do a mound of cutting of 1.5" squares and my frame strips to be ready for my weekend adventure with CC.

I have started cutting my 10X18 pieces. Found a large hunk of fabric in my stash that came from who knows where, so now it will be put to work in this Boom Exchange. Start thinking fall, particularly solids to go along with this small print. It is a Cranston Fabric (no date on the salvage) and the company closed in 2009. Lovely fabric. I remember selling their fabrics in a local quilt shop and sewing with that line in the early 80's. How can it be that I am that old? Just seasoned I guess?

I included my rotary cutter and scissors in the photo to provide a perspective of the scale of this print.
Attached Thumbnails my-boom-31-fabric-2024-02-01.jpg  
Old 02-01-2024, 03:29 PM

WMUTeach, love that print! I have some lovely fall colors that would work, depending upon your color requests. Enjoy your retreat! I’m a little envious. I used to go to Cross Stitch retreats years ago. Sooo much fun. Seasoned? Love that expression. I’m seasoned, too.

TG, I run to DuckDuckGo for my searches these days and have I had a lot this week. Our pets never live as long as we’d like.

My avatar is changed to Ripley with her toy carrot. She Loves them stuffed as well as raw as a treat. lol.

I’m considering doing two groups this time. Omgosh, I must be nuts.

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-01-2024 at 03:42 PM.