Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 31 Sign-ups open thru Feb 10! >

Boom 31 Sign-ups open thru Feb 10!

Boom 31 Sign-ups open thru Feb 10!

Old 02-01-2024, 04:36 PM

I'm getting pictures of your fabrics ready and also looking for recently done Boom quilts to add to the gallery. Anyone who has a Boom quilt that hasn't been put in the gallery, don't hesitate to add it here. Also, your F8s for Boom 31 can be added here and I'll pick them up. I've already gotten those from the Autumn Boom 30 thread we'd been using. Please Try to keep the pix to 100-200 kb.

SBG, did you post a pic of your finished Boom 30 quilt. I saw a pic of it as a top but I don't know if you finished it. If so, I'd love to see it and add it to the gallery.
Old 02-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

It's all sandwiched and ready to quilt, Janice. But not done yet! I'll hurry up on that one.

Look at your pup in the avatar pic! What's her name? What a cutie! She's a double Petey!
Old 02-01-2024, 05:36 PM

Love the Chameleon quilt. What Boom was that?

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
It's all sandwiched and ready to quilt, Janice. But not done yet! I'll hurry up on that one.

Look at your pup in the avatar pic! What's her name? What a cutie! She's a double Petey!
Lots of people have remarked about Ripley's looks. This isn't even a great pic. She's really quite beautiful with an equally wonderful personality.
Old 02-02-2024, 06:36 AM

Janice Ridley looks like such a sweetie, poor baby. Enjoy your time with her and make new memories to cherish
Old 02-02-2024, 06:56 AM

A little update…

Cheesehead - 3 month
Logcabin82 - 3 month
Terriamn - 2 & 3 month
Sewbizgirl - 3 month
Libster - 2 & 3 month
WMUTeach - 3 month
Janice McC - 2 & 3 month
Lstew2212 - 3 month
SusieQOH - 3 month
Hav4boys 2 & 3 months
Rebaquilts - 2 months

I’m biting the bullet and trying 2 groups. Little nervous about it but I always get 1 group done early so it should be ok. So is Terriamn. I know she can do it!

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-02-2024 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-02-2024, 11:37 AM

I use DuckDuckGo also - it is such a great search engine!'

i know I said i wasn't but I saw your fun fabric and found a leftover piece of backing fabric so I am in for another round!
I am asking for one color per block - but you can use a variety of hues/shades of that one color. tone on tone or solids. You all shouldn't have to visit the LQS for me this round.
Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  
Old 02-02-2024, 12:44 PM

Another update! Travelinggramma is back in. Woo hoo!

Cheesehead - 3 month
Logcabin82 - 3 month
Terriamn - 2 & 3 month
Sewbizgirl - 3 month
Libster - 2 & 3 month
WMUTeach - 3 month
Janice McC - 2 & 3 month
Lstew2212 - 3 month
SusieQOH - 3 month
Hav4boys 2 & 3 months
Rebaquilts - 2 months
TravelingGramma - 3 months

Old 02-02-2024, 01:42 PM

Speaking of LQSs, I hit up mine and found two sale fabrics. (Yay, sale!). Here are the three fabrics I will be sending. The blue green was given to me by Hav, a fabric she no longer wanted, so it’ll be a donation quilt. Everyone will get a piece of the blue green, and the second group will get either the pale pink ballet slippers f8 or the grey bunny love fabric. The sale fabrics will also be donation quilts, for the local chapter of Project Linus. They have restrictions on embellishments so please avoid them as I won’t be able to use them in my quilt. All color requests will be with the F8s.

I’m off to prep the fabrics. Have a pleasant evening. We’re hanging with the pup tonight. 🙂
Attached Thumbnails img_5173.jpeg   img_5172.jpeg   img_5170.jpeg  
Old 02-02-2024, 02:45 PM
Power Poster

I've been on the fence about doing two groups, as well. I always used to, but since having the BC I wasn't sure how much to commit to, energywise. When I read your post, Janice, I literally ran to the mailbox to retrieve my package to you, but I was too late! So I'll have to send another one, but I'd like to do two groups as well. Hope I get the Guess How Much I Love You rabbits!! I usually do my first set of blocks in about 2 weeks, so I'll have the whole rest of the 3 months to get the other ones done.

Ripley is a beauty and hardly looks like she is 13. She looks like a pup. Pit bulls have the sweetest personalities.
Old 02-02-2024, 03:49 PM

SBG, if you ran to the mailbox I’d say you’ve got enough energy to do both groups! lol. (My knees are screaming at the thought of running!) You're definitely a quick finisher so I think it’ll be just fine.

It looks like we’ll be running a single 3 month group. Those of you wanting the 2 month group, will that work for you? Those, like me, who want two groups can send two sets of fabrics as we’ve done in the past for the 3 month group. .

Is there anyone else who wants to double up?