Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 31 Sign-ups open thru Feb 10! >

Boom 31 Sign-ups open thru Feb 10!

Boom 31 Sign-ups open thru Feb 10!

Old 02-05-2024, 02:12 PM

.My F8s went out this morning. Emailing tracking number now. I got my 3 blocks made yesterday, but I will wait until sign-ups close before I post them.
Old 02-05-2024, 03:14 PM

My fabric is going to be for a quilt I am going to keep for myself. I am a huge Harry Potter fan, and I can think of nothing better than to use the talents of this great group of quilters to make a quilt for me. I would like to use the 4 house colors blue, red, green and yellow in solids if possible, please
Attached Thumbnails img_0010.jpeg   img_0009.jpeg   img_0008.jpeg  
Old 02-05-2024, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

Glad my package made it to you already, Janice. I totally forgot to send the tracking number! Will do better when I ship my second group.

Lstew, fun fabrics! The HP quilt will be great!
Old 02-05-2024, 06:57 PM

Sewbiz we have a soft sided pop up camper in the park next to us. It doesn’t have air. I was truly amazed anyone could be down here without air. They are from Mississippi . Some friends said this area is probably a lot cooler for them than home. If that’s true it must be horribly hot and humid in your home state
Old 02-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Power Poster

Hi Terri,
Actually MS is only killer hot in the dead of summer, and some summers are better than others. Our winter (like now) is generally 50's and 60's most days. During the extreme heat I just stay indoors as much as possible... and before I know it, Christmas is here again!

Gosh, California is really getting slammed! All that rain and mudslides. It's going to take a loooooong time to clean up that mess. Hope none of our Boom Girls are effected.
Hav4boys, MJPEncinitas, Annaquilts, and I'm sure there are others... you are in our thoughts and prayers!
Old 02-06-2024, 06:17 AM

Good morning, Boomers. All's well in WNC.I lived in SoCal for 13 years and we never saw rain like they're getting now. I'm amazed there hasn't been more loss of life then there has been already. So sad.

Lstew, love your fabrics! They should be fun to play with.

We'll close the group in four days and get going. We'll do as we've recently done and have a single group for 3 months. Those of you wanting 2 and 3 months can send two sets of fabrics of 19. We're below our ideal number of twenty people so there will be duplicates so please understand that. Last round it was a matter of consternation for a couple of people but those like me wishing to double up will have multiples of the same fabric. It cannot be helped unless we fill the groups by Saturday. In any case, I'm ready to go!

Old 02-06-2024, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

I'm looking over my fabrics to see what to send for my second group. I am thinking I'll do two children's quilts with those, so will have two different fabrics. Will post the pics when I get them ready. More fabrics means less repeats, right?
Old 02-06-2024, 12:21 PM

That’s the way I see it! 😉
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I'm looking over my fabrics to see what to send for my second group. I am thinking I'll do two children's quilts with those, so will have two different fabrics. Will post the pics when I get them ready. More fabrics means less repeats, right?

Old 02-06-2024, 12:37 PM

lstew I believe this will be my first HP block. Can’t recall getting it before. My granddaughter wanrs to know which house you are from!

so how many of you had AC when you grew up? It now we all need it! At least time of year should be fine.
Old 02-06-2024, 03:59 PM

Ok, I’ve never seen a HP movie. Guess I should check it out before the swap!

TG, we didn’t have AC in our NJ house until my father renovated the garage into a family room and built a larger garage. The new family room had a single ac unit. I was 10. A couple years later we moved into a house with central AC. Wow, hadn’t thought about that in many, many years!
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
lstew I believe this will be my first HP block. Can’t recall getting it before. My granddaughter wanrs to know which house you are from!

so how many of you had AC when you grew up? It now we all need it! At least time of year should be fine.