Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 31 Sign-ups open thru Feb 10! >

Boom 31 Sign-ups open thru Feb 10!

Boom 31 Sign-ups open thru Feb 10!

Old 02-02-2024, 05:05 PM
Power Poster

Janice, my mailbox on the road is all uphill from the house. Just a slight incline, but still... my glutes scream by the time I get up there. Every time.
Old 02-03-2024, 12:16 AM
Power Poster

Chameleon quilt was from Boom 27.
Old 02-03-2024, 08:28 AM

The single group works for me.

Lovely fabric Janice.

TGso glad you are joining us
Old 02-03-2024, 08:49 AM

I cut myself 3 blocks this morning. Told you I was so ready! Also bought some solids yesterday to go with that gorgeous fall fabric.
Old 02-03-2024, 11:13 AM

lol, Libster! I guess you really are ready!
Originally Posted by Libster View Post
I cut myself 3 blocks this morning. Told you I was so ready! Also bought some solids yesterday to go with that gorgeous fall fabric.
I’m working on a small quilt today. I want to get it to assembly by next weekend, if not sooner. My sewing room will need straightening up again before the boom starts.

Old 02-05-2024, 08:51 AM

I am having brain fog, when I cut my fabric do I go down and cut my 18” then cut into the 10” or just the opposite
Old 02-05-2024, 09:27 AM

Terriamn, Usually I cut 18 inch WOF and then subcut into 10 or 11 inch pieces. Sometimes I can get four across but if shrinkage is bad, I may get three and then save the small pieces for my use.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
I am having brain fog, when I cut my fabric do I go down and cut my 18” then cut into the 10” or just the opposite
Waiting on the latest platelet count on Ripley. She's doing well the last few days. My youngest son is coming out to visit her. He was her "first Dad" but gave her up to us at 11 months when he took a new job in CA and couldn't find a single rental that would accept a pitbull. She's been ours ever since and I couldn't be happier. But, she knows him and saves her most special greetings for him. Such a sight to see!

Signups close on Feb 10. Are there any fence-sitters out there? Would love to have a few more people join! How about some newbies? Come on and give us a try. Email me with any questions or post here and someone will answer you quickly. Come join us!
Old 02-05-2024, 10:55 AM
Power Poster

Hope Ripley gets good news from the vet.... My dog knows my son too. When we first got him Luke was living with us, so he's Marty's "big brother". Sometimes I let him hear Luke on the phone, and he runs to the front door, looking for him. In Memphis, he stays with Luke if we need to travel without dog. It's touching to see that bond!

Looking forward to playing with the F8s!
Old 02-05-2024, 01:03 PM

Janice, fingers crossed that Ripley's platelets will improve. Hoping the steroids she is receiving will provide her more time. It breaks my heart to know what you and your DH are going through.

Cheese
Old 02-05-2024, 02:09 PM

Platelet count: no worse, no better. We’ll check again in a week. As long as Ripley’s comfortable and happy, we’re happy.

Been busy with computer work today and assembling a quilt. Also started my least favorite job, taxes. Yuk.

SBG, your pkg just arrived! And so it starts! Woo hoo.