Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155) >

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Boomerang 3.0-CLOSED for Signups--(SWAPPERS PLS READ PG 155)

Old 08-04-2010, 08:31 AM

LOL Nope nobody missed anything. I am waiting for one person to confirm their want to play and once they do I will send out the list. Bear with me it is coming very soon
Hugs
April
Old 08-04-2010, 09:47 AM

My what patience you have, I feel like a kid on his first trip to the candy shop and the shop is closed until 10:00 and it's 9:45. lol So I guess my nose is pressed up against the window, and I'm drooling.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:55 AM

Hey, April, us "old dogs" understand. We just need to get the "young pups" to be a little bit more patient!

Have a terrific day!
Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Hey, April, us "old dogs" understand. We just need to get the "young pups" to be a little bit more patient!

Have a terrific day!
Patience is not my strong point!!!! So, I decided to make my block for my quilt, we need 36, right? I am trying something I have never done before, and it is so fun! DD keeps walking by and saying, "Wow!" I'll post it if it ever gets done :D
Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 AM

Sorry, I posted twice and I have nothing more to say in order to pretend I didn't!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 12:48 PM

I'm feeling a little out of my element here! You quilters are all so talented at picking fabrics and patterns and making them so elegant! I'm going to the store to pick something out but will probably freak out when my squishies come and I have to make something that each of you will like! I kind of feel like I'm at the top of the rise on a roller coaster! Oh boy, here we go! :)
Old 08-04-2010, 01:03 PM

If the thought of all those blocks intimidates you, pick one block to do for all the F8s. You will learn one block well. It goes faster that way...if you are pressed for time. If you pick a 2 color block, it makes it pretty easy to match at least 1 color from the fabric. My fav block is the churn dash, it is always my fallback when I get too busy, or sick, or stressed, or just want to make a "happy" block.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:24 PM

Thanks for the suggestion! I have confidence in making the blocks, I'm just very color challenged and get a bit tense when choosing something to match! I wish I could have a good friend of mine in my pocket all the time, she's amazing at matching colors!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
I'm feeling a little out of my element here! You quilters are all so talented at picking fabrics and patterns and making them so elegant! I'm going to the store to pick something out but will probably freak out when my squishies come and I have to make something that each of you will like! I kind of feel like I'm at the top of the rise on a roller coaster! Oh boy, here we go! :)
That is exactly how I feel. I had so much trouble deciding on my fabric because I kept thinking that I wouldn't know what to do with it if someone sent it to me so I wuld change my mind again.

This is how I choose...I posted my possible choices here and went with what the first person suggested. I picked a bright orange fabric. It is really cool because the front and the back are the same.

When my squishes arrive and I don't know what to do I plan to head to my fabric store and ask them :) You will do fine!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:56 PM

[quote=fryguymoore]
Originally Posted by KarenBarnes

When my squishes arrive and I don't know what to do I plan to head to my fabric store and ask them :) You will do fine!
I often have my LQS help me with colors.