Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group >

Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Boomerang 5.0-SOUTH Group

Old 09-05-2011, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by jlin52
Originally Posted by Aunt Sue
I received this beautiful block from Carol Hupp but it doesn't belong to me...Does anyone want to claim it? I am thinking it either belongs to jlin52 or DonnaD because the F8's I received from them are both in this block.

And Carol I have not received the correct block from you yet either. Maybe someone else has it?
That block belongs to me - I received the wrong block from Carol back in July. I sent the block to April who posted a picture of it for me (page 87). Maybe the block I originally received belongs to you. Sorry I don't remember what your fabric is. Please check page 87 for the pic.
I just checked the pic of the one you received...Yup thats mine! I will send April a PM...Thanks! I will send your out to you tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:46 PM

Thank you Aunt Sue - glad the poor orphan block finally has a home. Hope the flood waters and power outages haven't affected you or your family too much. This end of the State hasn't been affected. We have sent Volunteer Firemen & Medics to help out where needed.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:56 PM

Happy Labor Days Ladies! Here are my lists according to my records. If anyone has anything different please let me know.

These will be going out tomorrow morning:
auntsue
hobbykat
troy26
lmattick
navarre
mistiliz
jlin52
cherrio
lovingisabella
katy
keesha_ont
janecat
jennifer22206
bolin

If you are not on this list and have not received a block from me PLEASE let me know!

blocks NOT received from:
bookworm
jennifer22206
karen
katy
keesha_ont
lmattick
lovingizabella
sherrykae
wendsy

If you are on this list and have sent the block PLEASE let me know so I can be on the lookout for it or just so I know the postal gremlins got it.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by jlin52
Thank you Aunt Sue - glad the poor orphan block finally has a home. Hope the flood waters and power outages haven't affected you or your family too much. This end of the State hasn't been affected. We have sent Volunteer Firemen & Medics to help out where needed.
I personally haven't been affected by the floods(I'm at the high end of town) but the other end of town has been hit severely. We have been without power, phones and cable on and off. My Mom had a flooded cellar. In the last two weeks our town has had an earthquake, floods, hurricane Irene and last night a tornado whipped through hitting some of the area hit by the floods. All of this is very unusual for us here in this part of the state.

Here is a link to some pics I posted of my city in the floods.....very sad. Some of the towns surrounding us have lost everything. We are in Montgomery Co.....and next to Schenectady Co. If you google it you can see lots of pics. Makes you appreciate what you have.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-148659-1.htm

I'm trying to get my guild to put together a group to make quilts for the victims of the storms. My husband and I went and filled our SUV with cases of water and delivered it to one of the areas over the weekend. Most areas have stopped taking donations of clothing, furniture and such until the people have houses to put it in. We will make it through as long as we stick together. Many Thanks to your town for sending help!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:08 AM

Aunt Sue,
Same address please. No change yet!
Thanks,
KaSandra

Originally Posted by Navarre2011
Grown-ups that have left the coop:
mistiliz - 25 Aug
Again all Grown - ups have been mailed as of 25 Aug. Please let me know when recieved and if anyone has not recieved theirs yet. I can only sew things until 7 Sep as my things will be packed up and shipped off to the states 8 Sep. So your timely response is needed. Thanks again for swapping!!!
Navarre2011
KaSandra....I have finished your block and will be putting it in the mail on Tuesday. Should I sent to the address I have on the list or do you have a new address? Thanks!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:12 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

MOTHER NATURE HAS LOST HER FLIPPIN MIND!!

Well, I was on a roll....ONLY 8 more blocks to go and AGAIN power goes out! Tonado went through my town! In the last two weeks we have had Earthquakes, Hurricanes, Floods, Fires and now a Tornado!! I'm starting to think Mother Nature is really upset with us! The tornado went through the same part of town where the flooding was...those poor people. I don't know how much more they can take.

Plan on getting all blocks out on Tuesday...I will update so everyone knows when they are coming.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 AM

Katy,
I will be sending you a second block later this week to replace the kites that I did. dont have exact fabric but I picked out brights that should work.
cherri
Old 09-06-2011, 07:56 AM

This saddens me horribly but my last blocks will be late coming home! With loosing the peripheral vision in the right eye and non stop headaches I am having a hard time. I am trying to make sure all the blocks are 12.5" but to be quite honest I cannot tell some days if they are or aren't due to the vision issue. I should have them all out within the next two weeks (they were all already cut just have (had) to sew them together) If anyone gets one that is not the right size please let me know and I will gladly try to get assistance from my mom to make a corrected one.
Also I started the thread for 6 which is here:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-150801-1.htm
Hugs
April
Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 AM

Grown-ups recieved:
Carol Hupp 2 of 2
quiltingnonnie
sherrykae
Thank you ladies love em all!

1 of 2 Carol Hupp
[ATTACH=CONFIG]252463[/ATTACH]

2 of 2 Carol Hupp
[ATTACH=CONFIG]252467[/ATTACH]

quiltingnonnie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]252472[/ATTACH]

sherrykae
[ATTACH=CONFIG]252473[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-252457.jpe   attachment-252461.jpe   attachment-252466.jpe   attachment-252467.jpe  
Old 09-06-2011, 02:46 PM

love those brights!
now, has anyone NOT gotten your block from me/ I mailed the last of the blocks the 1st week of July. this was fun and I challenged myself to learn a few more blocks.