Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011 >

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Old 09-15-2011, 03:58 AM

Sharon & deltadawn This is my first time joining also I joined the small group. Start with that and see how it goes. I'm sure no one will be disappointed everyone here seems so friendly and helpful. I join the swaps to learn new things, meet new friends and have a lot of fun along the way. I say go for it and lets have a great time for the next 4 months. I'm sure we won't regret joining this swap and probably will be looking forward to the next boomerang. Hope you both decide to join and anyone else thinking about it.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by sewhappy30
Sharon & deltadawn This is my first time joining also I joined the small group. Start with that and see how it goes. I'm sure no one will be disappointed everyone here seems so friendly and helpful. I join the swaps to learn new things, meet new friends and have a lot of fun along the way. I say go for it and lets have a great time for the next 4 months. I'm sure we won't regret joining this swap and probably will be looking forward to the next boomerang. Hope you both decide to join and anyone else thinking about it.
I can honestly say that most people who join do every boomerang thereafter lol :)
If you join a small group Sharon or Lindsay, it works out to about 1 block per week to make. If you join a large group it works out to about 3 blocks per week. You can always do more but this would be the least in order to finish in the four months. Come on...you know you want to join the fun!!!
Hugs
April
Old 09-15-2011, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
I can honestly say that most people who join do every boomerang thereafter lol :)....
:mrgreen:

Yep, I did 3, 4, and 5, and would be doing this one if I didn't have so much going on right now. Even so, I'm having to sit on my hands to keep from signing up anyway! So nobody tempt me! :lol:
Old 09-15-2011, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by moonrise
Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
I can honestly say that most people who join do every boomerang thereafter lol :)....
:mrgreen:

Yep, I did 3, 4, and 5, and would be doing this one if I didn't have so much going on right now. Even so, I'm having to sit on my hands to keep from signing up anyway! So nobody tempt me! :lol:
Come on Come on come and play with us...you know you WANT to lolol Oh wait you said don't tempt you....sorry :mrgreen:
Hugs
April
Old 09-15-2011, 06:21 AM

yep, I've done Boom 4 and 5 and this one. They're totally addictive. I've had so much fun with them. Without the Boom swap I would have so much fabric that I just couldn't bear to cut. It's really helped me get off my butt and get some GORGEOUS quilts.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:25 AM

moonrise- you HAVE to!! Pretty please??!! <- that's not tempting, that's begging so it doesn't count. :D
Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 AM

Moonrise, you can do the small swap so you won't miss out. i enjoy your blocks. Also, a small note, if you are new to the boom swap, this is such a great way to perfect your skills on a block. If you just pick one out, by the time you finish the whole thing, you will be so good at it you will not want to stop making newer ones. I was a goofy on the last one and did them all in a week. Yes, it was not a smart thing to do, but got them done on time. I think it is how my brain works, production minded, not making life easy. I used about 12 different patterns and made 3 each of them. It depended on the fabric for the type of block, but increased my quality of 1/4" seams and had fun using different fabrics to change the look of the block. You could do one and then change out the shades of fabrics in each spot to see the different looks that fabric can make. Oh so many different things to learn as you go and the wonderful blocks you receive from such wonderful different talent.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by sew1096
OK ladies you've convinced me to make the leap! :D I'm going to send my PM in now.

Thanks for the encouragement - I may need more as we progress because I'm a little nervous at such a large commitment. :wink:
Me too. (gulp)
Old 09-15-2011, 09:12 AM

A couple of questions. If they were previously discussed, sorry for the repeat. Anyway, 1. Can we make the same block for each fabric we get if we think it'll work? 2. I forget :). But it will come to me...
Old 09-15-2011, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Rn8or
A couple of questions. If they were previously discussed, sorry for the repeat. Anyway, 1. Can we make the same block for each fabric we get if we think it'll work? 2. I forget :). But it will come to me...
Yes you can. You do not need to do a different block for every fabric. I did not. I picked out a few different blocks at first and used those and as the fabric dictated and as I got braver, I did different blocks and more complicated ones. You decide. I received from a nine patch to a star. It makes for a more dramatic quilt I think because of the variation. It is up to the maker on what block they use and decide on. That is the fun part of it all.