Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011 >

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Old 09-18-2011, 08:23 PM

i will not use that fabric for this swap but it will go into my "stash" for future use.

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
I love it! I might have to re-think my plan now! Yikes to much fabric and too little time!
Originally Posted by Havplenty
update>>>>>> that fabric line "born to be wild" is at www.5bucksayard.com for $5.99/yard. okay my decision is made.

there is a purple companion print at www.5bucksayard.com. i love the purple/teal combo. hmmm. what to do, what to do.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:31 AM

In the last boom block exchange I used baggies to wrap my fabric in, this time I am using clingwrap. I think I like it better. I added a small note about my plans for the fabric, I made address labels with my name and address and board name. These are on the out side of the wrapped fabric. When the list is posted I am going to put an address label with the note for the maker to attach to the back of the block. That way I can identify the block.
Can hardly wait to get started!
Peace and Blessings,
Old 09-19-2011, 07:47 AM

Think I'll send out fabrics for two quilts. (joining and extra small group seems a bit to overwhelming for a fist time)
Payton picked out fabrics for a rainbow quilt, so that will go out and I'm debating sending blues or greens for a scrappy single color quilt :)
Old 09-19-2011, 09:10 AM

You are accessible by email, can't imagine an emergency that warrants a phone call LOL
Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
I saw another swap hostess post this in her swap and was wondering if you all would feel better if I posted my number in the private section of the activity page in case anyone ever needed to contact me?
Let me know your thoughts
Hugs
April
Old 09-19-2011, 09:29 AM

moonwork where was it posted to not post blocks you made on the boom link? when i went through and looked at earlier boom swaps, others had posted blocks they made on the boom link. i certainly have not seen anything noted about not posted block made pics in the boom link.

while there are some who did set up separate links, i know i don't want to try to maintain another link of pics. my own personal preference.

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
Generally it was accepted to NOT post pictures of the blocks you made on the Boom link but you could make your own link to show off the blocks you had made (see at the bottom of my posting for example).
Hav --
BTW -- love the striped kitty

It was a discussion that came up on the Boom 5 East link in May.

That's why I commented it was "generally accepted" to not post the blocks you made...reason being was the person receiving the block should get to see their block "in person" before it was posted for everyone else to see. That person could decide whether to post it on the link or not when they posted they had received it.

Some of us wanted to share the pictures of our blocks so we created an ongoing personal link that we just added to as we made other blocks....this gave people the chance to "peek" at their block before it arrived. Also some people didn't have the means to post a picture so that helped them out a little too.

I think it's up to each group to decide what they'd like to do as far as posting the pictures. Once the groups are established (April will do this after all the sign ups are completed) and the links created for each group (April will create the links also with appropriate names), that might be an early "discussion" to have... all of this is just my humble opinion :lol:
Old 09-19-2011, 10:09 AM

okay. i posted my made blocks long after i mailed them out and had started receiving pm's that they had been received. i wanted to make sure the blocks were not posted before the owner received them.

i know i am never planning to maintain a separate link for pics. i have enough of separate links now to maintain and do not want one more.

moonwork where was it posted to not post blocks you made on the boom link? when i went through and looked at earlier boom swaps, others had posted blocks they made on the boom link. i certainly have not seen anything noted about not posted block made pics in the boom link.

while there are some who did set up separate links, i know i don't want to try to maintain another link of pics. my own personal preference.

Generally it was accepted to NOT post pictures of the blocks you made on the Boom link but you could make your own link to show off the blocks you had made (see at the bottom of my posting for example).
Hav --
BTW -- love the striped kitty

It was a discussion that came up on the Boom 5 East link in May.

That's why I commented it was "generally accepted" to not post the blocks you made...reason being was the person receiving the block should get to see their block "in person" before it was posted for everyone else to see. That person could decide whether to post it on the link or not when they posted they had received it.

Some of us wanted to share the pictures of our blocks so we created an ongoing personal link that we just added to as we made other blocks....this gave people the chance to "peek" at their block before it arrived. Also some people didn't have the means to post a picture so that helped them out a little too.

I think it's up to each group to decide what they'd like to do as far as posting the pictures. Once the groups are established (April will do this after all the sign ups are completed) and the links created for each group (April will create the links also with appropriate names), that might be an early "discussion" to have... all of this is just my humble opinion :lol:
Old 09-19-2011, 01:41 PM

Bought my fabric today! Now have to get it washed. To do, to do, to do...
Old 09-19-2011, 03:37 PM

I changed my mind again! I think I need to not go looking further, LOL, it gets me into trouble! I saw some really beautiful fall leaves fabric today.

Just working on my 4th grand child's quilt. It is so cute, She is 11 and is in love with Disney Princess's, so it was really easy for me to pick out the fabric for her quilt.

Next two will be for 16 year old and 9 year old boys and they will be easy! D9P, bot of them.

And last one will be my oldest Granddaughter, she will be 18 in the spring, so I will have more time to make her quilt special.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:13 PM

So I have several different FQ's I have purchased over the past few years that all have a "western" theme. Mostly brown/tan/black prints. Do you think these would work?
Maybe ask for neutral creme color to go with them?
Then put together as a scrappy "western" theme quilt?
I know we aren't suppose to say which block but I really like "star" blocks. Could I make that suggestion?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-259355.jpe  
Old 09-19-2011, 04:16 PM

OK so I would have to ask for a dark color to go with the lighter color pieces.

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
So I have several different FQ's I have purchased over the past few years that all have a "western" theme. Mostly brown/tan/black prints. Do you think these would work?
Maybe ask for neutral creme color to go with them?
Then put together as a scrappy "western" theme quilt?
I know we aren't suppose to say which block but I really like "star" blocks. Could I make that suggestion?