Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011 >

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Old 09-18-2011, 06:49 PM

Oh yea - I usually send a siggie block (just a rail fence) that I like people to sign with their name or board name or state or whatever. I do scrappy backs (typically) and I like to add a strip across it so I can see who made blocks in the quilt.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:54 PM

You guys are great for taking the time to make sure newbies are comfortable and organized. I appreciate it!

Jill

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Originally Posted by Rn8or
Jennifer22206 wrote no... I'm not too excited for this one.
One Large Group of fabrics cut, letter written and in envelopes - just waiting on addresses!!

Question...what should be on the letter? I'm a newbie :)
For example - using the
In my letter I just said, "I'm Jennifer, this is my 3rd Boom. For this fabric I'm planning on making a quilt for ____ (I'm going to be in 2 groups and sending 3 different fabrics, Elmo, white and Coffee cups so it depends on which group)."

So.. if you receive the Elmo fabric, my DD wants a "bright, happy quilt" so anything goes. The Coffee fabric has a TON of colors in it - so I don't think anyone will be hard pressed to find something that matches. The White one will be going into a Spring/Summer quilt, and I'm asking that only one predominant color (or shade, or pattern) be added to it - either blue, red, orange, yellow, purple, green. It depends on which letter ya'll get. There are 6 of the red,orange,yellow, purple, green and 5 blues going out. I'm making the last blue. There will be my 36 blocks total.

You don't have to send a letter. Typically if you don't send a letter the recipients of the F8th have carte blanche to do whatever they want with it.

Example: In Boom 5 I sent the floral fabric with no note other than Have Fun! and no batik

And for the other group, I sent either the lobster print (my Daddy was a lobsterman) or the ships wheel and requested that the colors found in the fabric or white be added, and requested that no batik be used.

These are what I've received: http://s931.photobucket.com/albums/a...05%20Received/

For me the baggie is just a regular sandwich baggie. My advice is to try to get them as flat as possible! :) You can use cling wrap too - but my DD thought it would be funny to put cling wrap over her face, so I go with the baggie method. Safer all around. :) Especially since my DD loves to "help"
Old 09-18-2011, 07:09 PM

i hope all goes well for you.

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I have to sit this out...facing another stomach surgery PDQ and not able sit too long..sigh...have fun folks!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:12 PM

i'm still looking for my fabric! ut oh, i havent found it yet. :shock:

Originally Posted by PokerDiva
Ok everyone. My fabric is washed, cut and plastic wrapped with instructions. All I need is addresses. Can't wait!!!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:18 PM

moonwork where was it posted to not post blocks you made on the boom link? when i went through and looked at earlier boom swaps, others had posted blocks they made on the boom link. i certainly have not seen anything noted about not posted block made pics in the boom link.

while there are some who did set up separate links, i know i don't want to try to maintain another link of pics. my own personal preference.

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
Generally it was accepted to NOT post pictures of the blocks you made on the Boom link but you could make your own link to show off the blocks you had made (see at the bottom of my posting for example).
Old 09-18-2011, 07:21 PM

jennifer on this i would just like to suggest that you include a brief note of this with your f8. i had never done sigge blocks so did not know what to do with it. the one i received from you was almost returned to you blank because i had no idea what to do with it. but someone had responded to let me know what i could do with it.

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Oh yea - I usually send a siggie block (just a rail fence) that I like people to sign with their name or board name or state or whatever. I do scrappy backs (typically) and I like to add a strip across it so I can see who made blocks in the quilt.
Old 09-18-2011, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
I saw another swap hostess post this in her swap and was wondering if you all would feel better if I posted my number in the private section of the activity page in case anyone ever needed to contact me?
Let me know your thoughts
Hugs
April
I agree with the others that I have read, no need to bust into your busy life, no need of a phone number for me! i think an email or a pm will work, heck if I have to I can always send smoke signals! LOL... Really though there is so much help from those who have done it before, I am sure we can figure it all out!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:48 PM

LOL, that would be me! I am 3 inches taller than my husband, and he loves the stillettoes!
Originally Posted by Havplenty
hmm i'm thinking scandulous stilettoes!

Originally Posted by marytoddliz
ooh i found a shoe block pattern!!! i just ordered the magazine. i hope someone in my upcoming swap group likes shoes.:-D
I love shoes! A Shoe fabric, or a shoe block would be awesome!
Old 09-18-2011, 07:52 PM

Me too! Or I would write it down with out a name, and then really wonder who it is, and even if you told me I would still be lost so save us a headache! ;-)
Originally Posted by sharon b
My 2 cents if you think you might be unavailable for a few days have someone else help answer questions - this is my first time doing one of your swaps - but in all the other swaps I have done there is no real need to call. We are doing this for fun and it should be kept in perspective as a fun swap. Everyone has life emergencies and things come up and we all understand that :wink: I don't see any reason I would need to call you and would probably forget where I wrote the number down anyways :oops: LOL
Old 09-18-2011, 07:56 PM

I love it! I might have to re-think my plan now! Yikes to much fabric and too little time!
update>>>>>> that fabric line "born to be wild" is at www.5bucksayard.com for $5.99/yard. okay my decision is made.

there is a purple companion print at www.5bucksayard.com. i love the purple/teal combo. hmmm. what to do, what to do.