Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011 >

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Old 09-17-2011, 02:15 PM

You seasoned swappers are such a help! Thank you all so much for sharing your thoughts and ideas with our new swappers. It is always so nice to see what others have learned in a swap and then pass on to others to make the swap that much more fun and exciting and most of all friendly :)
Hugs
April
Old 09-17-2011, 03:31 PM

I'm excited I am joining this swap!! Looking forward to getting started!!
Old 09-17-2011, 03:44 PM

Yes, Thanks for all the tips and I will be using all of them. I like to keep things organized and know who did what. I kept a book for my mom's sampler quilt so I know what pattern and name of pattern was what. Looking forward to the swap!!! and Thanks again!!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 03:50 PM

Oh - I forgot to mention that I keep a journal too. I write in the journal whose fabric I got in, what block I made with it, what I received, a little about what's going on in the world. And I keep it with my finished quilt.

It's probably just me, but I love being able to go back and look at what I did and when I did it.

Here's an example from this last Boom. It's almost all full now - just waiting on a few more blocks to come in!

Boom 5 - South Journal
[ATTACH=CONFIG]258440[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-258387.jpe  
Old 09-17-2011, 03:57 PM

Oh my gosh Jennifer, I thought I was organized.

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Oh - I forgot to mention that I keep a journal too. I write in the journal whose fabric I got in, what block I made with it, what I received, a little about what's going on in the world. And I keep it with my finished quilt.

It's probably just me, but I love being able to go back and look at what I did and when I did it.

Here's an example from this last Boom. It's almost all full now - just waiting on a few more blocks to come in!
Old 09-17-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Phannie1
Yes, Thanks for all the tips and I will be using all of them. I like to keep things organized and know who did what. I kept a book for my mom's sampler quilt so I know what pattern and name of pattern was what. Looking forward to the swap!!! and Thanks again!!!!
The spreadsheet I send out also helps with organizing :) Hope you will find it helpful as well.
Hugs
April
Old 09-17-2011, 06:52 PM

Wow, so many helpful tips :) There's so many useful Ideas It's so great to have everyone's input.
LovingIzabella, saw the change on the title so double checked pg. 10! I'm with the other couple posts about it. See no reason why any of us would need your number, maybe just give it out to people who specifically request it. it seems just as fast and more convenient for all concerned on here :)
if you do give it out remind people of the time differences so your not getting 3 am calls!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 05:15 AM

I just ordered my fabric for the swap. I'm in the small group and found the perfect fabric that I'm going to use, well actually I ordered 2 different ones. I'll make up my mind when I see them which one I'll use. I'll save the other one for the next boomerang, I know I'll join it as well, I've heard this swap is very addictive.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:21 AM

I joined for the 1st time and now after reading how excited everyone is,,,so am I.
I have done a ton of Round Robins and Row x rows,,,I own a quilt group and one person had an idea to send a fq of our choice to everyone in the swap. we had a smalled group so we did 2 blocks for everyone in it and they were also 12 1/2 inch blocks...I havent put it together yet but what is so cool about this is that no matter what block you get back they will all coordinate so perfectly since they all have a piece of the same fabric...Thanks April,,now I hope I have one or 2 pieces that coordinate, but because I am not much of a scrappy person I will probably send just one pattern to everyone! What page did you say the list of ppts on? I wouldnt sned your phone number unless some one pms you and asks you for it(because of a problem).
Daisey
Old 09-18-2011, 11:00 AM

If there are 16 weeks to get blocks made and returned, count me in. I love a challenge. I even have fabric in my stash (my husband will be relieved when I tell him I won't be going out to buy new fabric to participate in this swap! :lol: ) to cut into fat eighths. April, I am sending a PM next. Hooray! I get to join the fun!!