Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011 >

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Old 09-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Hey Everyone,
Sorry I have been MIA I have been busy and sore lol I have several PMs to go through and thank you to everyone for helping the new folks understand :) We use 18 x 11 in this swap because it leaves a little bigger area in case someone needs to make say a 10.5" square to cut in half to use as a HST in their block.
Some people have sent 9x22 and that is fine we just like to use it cut the other way :)
We love international swappers and we get more and more with every Boomerang-yeah!!!
So far we have Australia and Canada and even Ireland now!!
Hugs
April
PS Still time and room to sign up
Old 09-11-2011, 05:07 PM

Boom 5 was my first ever swap, and I loved it. I sent the same fabric to everyone, to make quilts for my granddaughters. I would like to thank everyone that I have received blocks from, so far, for the beautiful blocks that have been sent back, they are all gorgeous.
Because I am now addicted I will be joining Boom 6, but I have decided to send four different fabrics for four different quilts.
But I have a question - one of the quilts is for my son, and will be the colours of his favourite Australian football team. These colours are black and red, does anyone mind if I send them a F8 of each colour, eg. one F8 of red and one F8 of black. In other words, if I was sending my F8 to, say, Jennifer22206, instead of sending her one F8 of black I would sent her one of red and one of black and she would use just my fabric.
Is this allowed, and if so does anyone mind me doing that.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:14 PM

troy26 - that'd be fine with me if you wanted to. Especially since it'd be for your son's favorite Australian football team. I wouldn't want to get the colors wrong. :)
Old 09-11-2011, 05:15 PM

i sent two fabrics for several of my blocks. i believe i made the squares 10 x 10 for each piece. you are able to send more than one fabric for your blocks. you can send just one fabric and ask that black be used or you can send both.

Originally Posted by troy26
Boom 5 was my first ever swap, and I loved it. I sent the same fabric to everyone, to make quilts for my granddaughters. I would like to thank everyone that I have received blocks from, so far, for the beautiful blocks that have been sent back, they are all gorgeous.
Because I am now addicted I will be joining Boom 6, but I have decided to send four different fabrics for four different quilts.
But I have a question - one of the quilts is for my son, and will be the colours of his favourite Australian football team. These colours are black and red, does anyone mind if I send them a F8 of each colour, eg. one F8 of red and one F8 of black. In other words, if I was sending my F8 to, say, Jennifer22206, instead of sending her one F8 of black I would sent her one of red and one of black and she would use just my fabric.
Is this allowed, and if so does anyone mind me doing that.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:36 PM

I am a newbie quilter. I joined Boomerang Swap 5. I am so glad I did. I was not sure if I shoud or not. I of course, did not know how to make many blocks. A great place to find blocks is Quilterscache. Everyone has been very nice about the blocks I did. So, if you aren't sure whether to join or not. Jump in and give it a try. It was a great learning experince and a lot of fun making the blocks. Love getting blocks from everyone also.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:03 PM

I sent my pm a couple days ago. I'm SO excited! I've been waiting/hoping to do a swap like this. Can't wait! :D
Old 09-12-2011, 06:23 AM

Lv2sew2011... I received a gorgeous block from a boomerang partner with a center of embroidery. It led to us doing our own swap on our own. I welcome some embroidery! It's so pretty!

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
I do have a question, I have a new Emb Machine is Emb. allowed too! Not saying I will use it but just incase I would like to...????
Old 09-12-2011, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by heyjami
Lv2sew2011... I received a gorgeous block from a boomerang partner with a center of embroidery. It led to us doing our own swap on our own. I welcome some embroidery! It's so pretty!

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
I do have a question, I have a new Emb Machine is Emb. allowed too! Not saying I will use it but just incase I would like to...????
almost all of my blocks i incorporated embrodiery in them tried to match the theme of the fabric sent for instance i received some pirate fabric so i embrodiered a pirate in the center block.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:22 PM

Here's the blocks I made for the Boomerang 5.0 East along with the blocks I have received from others.

I used almost every bit of "their" fabric in the blocks for them.

I did some machine embroidery in a few of them but was mainly pieced works...a lot of paper piecing.

I tried all new blocks and had a great time.

blocks made for others
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255763[/ATTACH]

blocks received from others
[ATTACH=CONFIG]255764[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-255757.jpe   attachment-255758.jpe  
Old 09-13-2011, 05:01 AM

They are all beautiful blocks you received! And the ones you made were too!

I was wondering about sending along a scrap of the fabric I intend to use for sashing and assembling my quilt because there isn't enough to cut up a lot of it for blocks. Then you could see all the colors that are in my sashing fabric. I don't have to do this and I think it could sound too picky. I'm not offended if it is and would like you all's opinion on that idea! I'm reading all the posts and want to be a good participate. Thanks, Jillnjo.