Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011 >

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Boomerang 6.0 Now CLOSED for Signups!** LISTS HAVE BEEN EMAILED 09/29/2011

Old 09-13-2011, 05:06 AM

You could add your little scrap of fabric if you want. That is not too picky. Just please add a note as to why it is there. I have received tiny scraps without explanation. That just confuses. Or maybe that is just me. Confused should be my middle name. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally Posted by jillnjo
They are all beautiful blocks you received! And the ones you made were too!

I was wondering about sending along a scrap of the fabric I intend to use for sashing and assembling my quilt because there isn't enough to cut up a lot of it for blocks. Then you could see all the colors that are in my sashing fabric. I don't have to do this and I think it could sound too picky. I'm not offended if it is and would like you all's opinion on that idea! I'm reading all the posts and want to be a good participate. Thanks, Jillnjo.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:18 AM

Posting that scrap of fabric on a blog or on the board might be an idea.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:10 AM

I am planing to do 2 diffrent quilts each with a panel in the middle.

Would it be okay for me to post the 2 panels and have 18 people work on each panel for me? I am in the Large group so total of 36 swappers.

I would like to stay with the colours in each panel. If you do not have the colours I can send you 2 10" by 10" squares.

Of course the 36 swappers would choose wich panel. :)
Old 09-13-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Aully

Would it be okay for me to post the 2 panels and have 18 people work on each panel for me? I am in the Large group so total of 36 swappers.

I would like to stay with the colours in each panel. If you do not have the colours I can send you 2 10" by 10" squares.

It is absolutely fine for you to post the two panels but remember it will actually be 18 and 17 because you are number 36 ;) So you will have to make on block if you want it to be 18 and 18.
Hugs
April
Old 09-13-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella

It is absolutely fine for you to post the two panels but remember it will actually be 18 and 17 because you are number 36 ;) So you will have to make on block if you want it to be 18 and 18.
Hugs
April
Thanks April!
Yup, I will be making lots more blocks for each quilt. I need to make it big enough so they both fit a queen bed.
Thanks!
Hugs!
Ashley
Old 09-13-2011, 07:24 AM

Sent a PM. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:46 AM

i have a suggestion about the panels. once you post them on the thread, that page and posting will get buried as more postings and pages appear so you cannot be sure that the block maker will see the page or even remember it once they start work on your block.

what i found helpful were those swappers that included notes (i.e. no batiks, use only white or black, no black) with their mailed f8's. the notes stayed pinned to the f8 (and noted on my spreadsheet) until i started work on the piece of fabric.

my suggestion would be to scan the panel pics and include these pics (thumbnail size) on any notes that you send with your f8's. this ensures the block maker does not have to page through the pages to find your original post regarding the panels. sometimes it can be a couple of months between when the block maker receives your f8 until they make your block and memories can get short with all that goes on in our lives daily.

mary

Old 09-13-2011, 07:54 AM

April, this looks like so much fun! I will be watching for the results. Since this is 6.0, I assume there may be more. So I will start to clear my schedule for the next swap, whenever that may be. Wish I could join now, but it is not possible.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:16 PM

i would love a note with my fabric and any pics or directions you guys want to send my way.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:32 AM

Sign-Ups end on the 27th unless I feel a need to close them sooner to keep the groups even...still plenty of time and room. Come on folks join on in!
Hugs
April