Boomerang 7.0-FIRE Group

Old 07-18-2012, 03:40 PM

Still sick, no voice and people who work at fast food restaurants and Target were RUDE. I made up notecards to make life easier and they think I'm stupid or slow and talk about me like I'm not there. One lady made me cry today with her rudeness. Oh and hubby forgot to mail stuff for me. Plus side people at post office were nice today and understanding with my note. After she was done she hugged me and told me she would see me in a couple weeks. Made my day better. feeding the lil man and watching Cars. Oh!!! I have my fabric for next swap. Going to get envelopes tomorrow and get fabric washed while I'm on meds. Going ALL Dr. Seuss fabrics, ALL different and fun for my lil guy!!!
Old 07-18-2012, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
Still sick, no voice and people who work at fast food restaurants and Target were RUDE. I made up notecards to make life easier and they think I'm stupid or slow and talk about me like I'm not there. One lady made me cry today with her rudeness. Oh and hubby forgot to mail stuff for me. Plus side people at post office were nice today and understanding with my note. After she was done she hugged me and told me she would see me in a couple weeks. Made my day better. feeding the lil man and watching Cars. Oh!!! I have my fabric for next swap. Going to get envelopes tomorrow and get fabric washed while I'm on meds. Going ALL Dr. Seuss fabrics, ALL different and fun for my lil guy!!!
Where's sapdoggie when you need her? She started this and then abandoned you!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:08 AM

Hi everyone, sorry I've been incommunicado lately, too many things all going wrong at the same time ... first the thumb issues, and when I was able to get back to sewing, my machine wouldn't work - I thought it might was the light, which acts like a fuse - they're hard to find and expensive, ordered three of them to make sure I wouldn't run into this problem again, but the machine still won't power up - I looked it up online, tried to dismantle it to put in a new fuse, never did find the fuse, reassembled it this morning, so off to the machine doctor we go. In the meantime, I am working furiously on the rest of the blocks, using my trusty FW (slow but sure) - hope to have them all done and off in the mail by Saturday at the latest, have an appointment at the Unemployment office tomorrow to certify that I really am entitled to my benefit ... such as it is.

I think I tend to overthink everyone's block, can't tell you how many times I've changed my mind on each of them so far, how many times I've had to readjust the design halfway through ... I hope you all will feel the the wait is worth it when they finally arrive home. Thank you for your kind patience, they will be winging home soon! I have not taken any time away from sewing to send out the blocks that are already done - even if not all are done tomorrow, since I have to go out anyway, will mail what I can.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:04 AM

MdmSew'n'Sew - no worries. Take care of yourself. Take a deep breath and we will all be excited when we get to see the final product.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by LindaC View Post
YaYaquilts, my block to you has come back in the post as I misspelt part of your address. I will repost it to you tomorrow. Please accept my apologies.
LindaC
No worries! I'm on vacation in Northern California till Aug 11-so you can wait to mail if you'd like!!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:54 PM

Just received a beautiful block - Amish Diamond - from MdmSew'n'Sew. Thank you so much! It's a nice touch to add a copy of the pattern with the block.

I know that we have discussed postage rates on this board again and again, but I was amazed that it cost $1.95 to send me this block. The PO I mail from charged in .65 for my envelopes. I hope that no one was changed additional postage for the blocks I sent out. Please let me know if you were.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:03 PM

Got a beautiful block from MdmSew'n'Sew!!! Love it!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:41 PM

I just realized the other day that the deadline for mailing out the blocks was July 15th...I had it in my mind that it was July 31st!!! I'm so sorry! I've been working on them and hopefully will have them all ready to mail by the end of the week! I still have three bridesmaid dresses to finish this week too! You won't know the joy I will feel when they are out the door!!! My husband keeps reminding me that there is a word in the dictionary that I should practise saying....NO!!!!!!!! I got alot accomplished last night/this morning when I stayed up with our dog until 3:30 a.m. as she was chasing the thunder!! It was quite noisy but unfortunately it really didn't rain and it's getting so dry...each day you can see a difference in the crops...keep hoping and praying that the rain will come sooner rather than later!! Thank you everyone for your patience and I hope you enjoy your blocks when you receive them. It's been alot of fun going through my scraps looking for the perfect match to your F8's. I know I'm very happy with the blocks I have received....all have a WOW factor!!! Enjoy your Tuesday everyone!!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:06 AM

I also got a lovely block from MdmSew'nSew yesterday. Thanks!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by tildiemae View Post
I just realized the other day that the deadline for mailing out the blocks was July 15th...I had it in my mind that it was July 31st!!! I'm so sorry! I've been working on them and hopefully will have them all ready to mail by the end of the week! I still have three bridesmaid dresses to finish this week too! You won't know the joy I will feel when they are out the door!!! My husband keeps reminding me that there is a word in the dictionary that I should practise saying....NO!!!!!!!! I got alot accomplished last night/this morning when I stayed up with our dog until 3:30 a.m. as she was chasing the thunder!! It was quite noisy but unfortunately it really didn't rain and it's getting so dry...each day you can see a difference in the crops...keep hoping and praying that the rain will come sooner rather than later!! Thank you everyone for your patience and I hope you enjoy your blocks when you receive them. It's been alot of fun going through my scraps looking for the perfect match to your F8's. I know I'm very happy with the blocks I have received....all have a WOW factor!!! Enjoy your Tuesday everyone!!
If you haven't mailed my block, don't rush as I am out of town till about Aug. 11th!

I can totally empathize with you and the busyness you are in! In 2003, I made my daughter's wedding dress, my mom,her grandma's dress and jacket, the flower girl's dress, 7 bridesmaids dresses and 3 junior bridessmaids dresses and I shortened my dress and made a wrap for me as well!!!!!!!!!! Talk about "crazy!" My husband also reminded me of the word, "NO!!!!!!!"