Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 21 of 97 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 71 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group

Here is the FABULOUS block I got from girlscouts1 yesterday!!! Thank you for the sweet note too!!! My hubby saw it and said, "WOW!!! That is amazing!!! Why can't you make stuff like that?" Gotta love that man of mine...most days!

Attachment 358813

Glad you liked it.... I saw that you were doing some extra swaps with others and if you would like another one just let me know... we love dr. suess here....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
    Here is the FABULOUS block I got from girlscouts1 yesterday!!! Thank you for the sweet note too!!! My hubby saw it and said, "WOW!!! That is amazing!!! Why can't you make stuff like that?" Gotta love that man of mine...most days!

Attachment 358813

I have received 25 so far. 1)Yosamitesa-returned, 2)marytoddliz-returned, 3)moonrise-returned, 4)jaba-returned, 5)ljdugas31-returned, 6)TwinRiverFarm, 7)TheMamaHauser, 8)Elisabrat, 9)Nexxus831, 10)Fraew, 11)QuilterMomma, 12)Roseysue, 13)missgigglewings, 14)savannahrandons, 15)Ok Darla, 16) NanaKathy55, 17)goldendog55, 18)Abby's Mom, 19)joanelizbay, 20)CharloeMarie, 21)Chewboo, 22)Girlscouts1, 23)Linda58, 24)urgodschild2, 25)AnnaQuilts.

I have returned 5. 1)Yosamitesa-returned, 2)marytoddliz-returned, 3)moonrise-returned, 4)jaba-returned, 5)ljdugas31-returned.

I sure am having fun and learning ALOT. Thank you ladies!

(Ok Darla - I'm worried I didn't put enough postage on your envelope. I just slapped a $.65 with all the others and totally forgot I had a Canada in there... Let me know, I'll send you the difference with your finished block.)
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Elizabrat I'm sooooo glad you're feeling better what a nice dentist you found. I think you're smiling face is reward enough for her. They appreciated it, just wanted to save enough room for steaks, but they all took home potatoes, onions and raspberry and strawberry jelly. Makes me happy!

Blog Entries
    Wow...talk about addicted!! I tried to get into the web site while on lunch and it wouldnt let me in at all! I was freaking out! LOL....but its back now and I can breath easy!! Thanks Pat for putting the link on my signature for blocks received! One of these days Ill figure it out!!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Let me try the attachment again...this is from girlscouts1 (I hope it shows up...)

Name:  Block from girlscouts1.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  197.0 KB

Thanks quiltermomma! I will get going on that soon. Maybe this long weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Go to Community on tool bar above,select the drop down arrow and select albums, then hit creat an album on the right hand side and then label it what you want and start uploading your photos.
    Anna Quilts

Cool Nexus831 ~*~*~*happy bithday!!!!!!~*~*~*

Have a quilty one!
    I will dedicate a special quilting time to you today. Teeeheee!
    )))))HUGS(((((( Anna
    Anna Quilts

Pinklotus your white tone on tone came in today.

Previously received blocks-

Scrapper
    NanaKathy55
    SheriR
    Linda58
    OkDarla
    Nexxus831
    Quiltermomma
    joanelizbay
    goldendog55
    missgigglewingsgirlscouts1
    chewboo
    girlscouts1
    Abby's Mom
    Fraew
    Jaba-blue berries for me
    Elisabrat
    ljdugas31
    marytoddliz
    moonrise
    savannahrandons
    TheMamaHauser
    TwinRiverFarm
    Yosamitesa
    Last edited by Annaquilts; 08-29-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Anna Quilts

this is my second boom and I am getting very confused. Several of the fabric is only 11" wide by 22". I am having a heck of a time finding patterns that I like that will be able to be used with that amount of fabric. I end up short every time. It is totally bumming me out as I have picked out some really cute blocks. Because it is only my second boom I thought that all the fabric had to be 11" X 18 so I was surprised with the other size. so I checked out the rules and the 11 X 22 is ok. So now I have to find patterns that will only use that material without having me be short. At least I did get two squares made today.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    You must mean 9 x 22 because 11 x 22 is more than the 11 x 18. I did have to send a few that were the 9x22, so sorry if mine is giving you fits. I had purchased 1/4 yard a while back in my dash to make the blocks years ago and it is what I used only out of my stash. Did not mean for that to mess you up on a block.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

I received two blocks back from joanelizbay and marytoddliz (and yes Kona is sooooo wonderful to work with).

Fat 8ths I still haven't received from the following (no hurry have plenty to work on)

areinn
    daisey
    ljdugas
    lv2sew2011
    marcialee
    marytoddliz
    mosher92
    Nancia
    oldcatlady x2
    scrapper
    Tam...Moo
    urgodschild
    pinklotus
    OK Darla (received one)

From extra swaps:
    loving
    Melinda
    Let us help a local QB member Elisabrat even a dollar can add up

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...kidney-/144120

Received F8 from pinklotus and scrapper

Blog Entries
    Ok, let's see if I get this all right...
    Received F8's : pink lotus, oldcatlady, Annaquilts
    Mailing grownup blocks tomorrow morning : Linda58 (2), Annaquilts, OK darla, SheriR, Savannahrandons, joanlizbay,girlscouts1
    Received GU blocks : Elizabrat (both are just wonderful!), Roseysue ( SO pretty! ) Thank you both so much.
    May your blessings be many, your troubles few and your fabric stash endless!

Quote Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post

AND the dentist I saw yesterday is going to give me a new front tooth.. for free. And fix a couple more while she is at it. how incredibly nice is that? I am truly blessed so today is a lucky day. all days are lucky days. Its just how you look at it. Already had a baby deer waltz right by the kitchen window as I type.. six feet from me and that is a lucky day right there in my books. Everything else is a bonus.

I am so glad this dentist is doing this. I needed to hear this today. I was in a "poor me" mood and you helped snap me out of it. I thank you for this...hugs
    Melinda

t6oday I got only one

sustraley

Oh and Thank you Thank you Thank you for all the birthday wishes and hugs ladies it has made my day
    Melinda

Blog Entries
    Received a F8 from Sustraley today. 13 more to go!!!
    People may not remember what you looked like or what you said but they will always remember how you made them feel!

This is the link to my albums for all Boom swaps.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...99-albums.html

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

update

Today's update, sent 2 home for doghousehousemom from the rubies group and goldendogs, oh my ! those little penguins are so cute. Hope you like the block I made for you. Quiltermomma just have a couple more sections to sew on yours and they will be sent home tomorrow. Did you like your little candy treat? And last but certainly not the least in the mail today were some red hot peppers from themamahauser. Love it! Thank you so muchName:  DSCF0776.JPG
Views: 142
Size:  1.22 MB

Nexus Happy Birthday.
    QuilterMommy you are right I meant to say 9 X 22. LOL. I was ready for a nap so I was a little wonky at that time. I realized that i hope that no one thinks that I am complaining.......it's a learning curve that one must work with. I have found some patterns that will work and it is fine. No worries.

I received a squishy from oldcatlady. Wow everyone's quilts are going to be awesome from just looking at the material they have sent me.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

F8s received today from ... and grown-up blocks going home in the morning to:

PinkLotus
    OldCatLady

Pics in sig line if you want to peek.
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Blog Entries
    I received F8 from Scrapper today, sent out one... hummm, drawing a blank I will go and check and... oops not this group, sent out blocks to Pearls... sorry~ tonight we have family bible study so no sewing for me will pick up Friday (Thursday is quilting club and then making quilts at Church in the evening, I love Thursdays best of all!
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Ok I am going to go and figure out how to post my finished squares and received squares in an album on my profile page. So off to figure that one out. LOL.

LALA LA LA LA LA... HIPPO BIRDY TO YOU, HIPPO BIRDY TO YOU.. HIPPO BIRDY DEAR NEXXUS hippo birdy's to you .. and many more hugs included squish squish squish.. breath girly breath these skinny bones of mine are a bit hard on the recipient.. trying to fatten them up for you all so its less of a shock.

Great blocks, and I just work with what I receive. I have messed it up now once real good, think I did ok on twinrivers probably the go to block for me til things kick in. Two now I know I can do, three I think actually. phew that is ok. I will work with three.

Charlotte Marie, got your purple and your frogs. Know its for the two groups. Question is is it for the same quilt? anyone else know please enlighten me!

off to take a break open a few envelopes (tada from the group) will post tonight or tomorrow afternoon depends on the old energy here. None right now.. thats ok.. later tonight: lots and lots and lots of turkeys and the deer took their naps in the afternoon so cute right next to the bird/turkey feeder. They were not budging either tonight will be raccoon parades.. two babies and mom. Love it.

ciao sparkly ladies.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

So far I have received F8's from

Abby's Mom
    Annaquilts
    CharlotteMarie
    Chewboo
    Elisabrat
    Fraew
    girlscouts1
    goldendog55
    jaba
    joanelizbay
    Linda58
    ljdugas31
    marytoddliz
    missgigglewings
    moonrise
    NanaKathy55
    Nexxus831
    OK Darla
    QuilterMomma
    savannahrandons
    SheriR
    TheMamaHauser
    TwinRiverFarm
    urgodschild2
    Yosamitesa

I have returned a block to Yosamitesa but I didn't get a picture of it.

I have not sent my F8's yet, just haven't had time and was waiting on some fabric I ordered online. I will try to get them in the mail on Saturday.

If anyone wants to swap an extra F8 for a second block just let me know...

Page 21 of 97 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 71 ... LastLast